• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Tougher?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
I judged the both of them by "How hard it is to win the game after you get dat lucky egg"
BW1 - be 20lvs higher then everything and destroy All the youkais
BW2 - Easy? BAKA,All the lucky egg does in bw2 is make your levels equal thiers,And even
then its still pretty hard.

BW2 > BW1

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I thought that Black 2 was quite a bit hard tan its predecessors. I didn't really think that the gym battles were much harder for the most part, but I thought the amount of trainers and the higher levels of Pokemon earlier in the game made the game harder. I found myself training a lot more so that I wouldn't lose. The Ghetsis battle was really hard in my opinion, and Victory Road was extremely difficult. I had to go back to the Pokemon Center at least five times just to get through victory road. Also, the Elite Four was pretty hard to defeat this time around and I had to carry a lot of hyper potions and revives. Iris was by far my hardest battle of the 5 and Caitlin gave me trouble as well. Also, even the Team Plasma members were harder to beat. Cheren gave me a hard time too. Also, defeating N's Zekrom took me at least two hours because it was so powerful. I had to find a hydreigon then constantly train it until it reached level 65 at least. Then I still had trouble defeating it with my entire team.

The game was harder, but overall I had more satisfaction when I had beat it in the time period that I did.

Sir Codin

In terms of main story, I didn't find it that hard at all. Maybe it had to do with my party and choice of moves, but even with my team being mostly steel-type, I was generally beating Trainers, Gym Leaders, and Elite Four Members having Pokemon considerably higher leveled than my own without much in the way of trouble. And I was using Genesect very conservatively. I beat Cynthia pretty easily as well and her Pokemon's levels were at least 8 - 10 higher than mine.

Pokemon World Tournament, though, is another story. The Johto and Sinnoh Leaders are currently giving me some degree of a challenge for some reason.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2023
It's definitely harder, but I also like the fact that you start the Elite 4 10 lvl's later.

Back