• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google or Bing?

Bing or Google?

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Which do you think is better? My Dad seems to like the Bing search engine a lot more than Google, although I can't really see a difference. I just stick with Google.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I use google, I've tried bing, but it's too flashy, I'll stick with the minimalistic, "I'm here to search for thing, not ogle some new photo background" search engine that delivers results.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I never heard of Bing before. I always stick to Google because it is the best search engine hands down. I will check out Bing to see how it is though.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Well, I've heard of Bing before, but never liked it. It's Microsoft's latest attempt to grab some market share in the search engine market, but I think they're trying too hard to make themselves stand out.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Bing is already getting in some mess about blocking certain search terms in some countries.

So I use Google. I need to find those 'offensive' search terms. For things.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Otherwise known as Windows Live Search or MSN Search, it's actually been around since forever.

What I've found is that Google has trouble finding unpopular things, while Yahoo is good at finding those. MSN Search doesn't get along with my browser but does yield alternative and good results like Yahoo does. I mostly use Google since it's the default on my toolbar search field and is the most all round competent but I certainly don't abhor or disregard other engines like a lot of people seem to.

Years
  • Let's put it like this: when I first heard about the rebranding of Live Search to Bing a couple of weeks ago, do you know what my first instinct was? I Googled "Bing".

Yeah... Sorta sums it up. I prefer the clean minimalism of Google (though I think it's gotten further from this in recent months, what with all that iGoogle rubbish) to the layout of Bing.

Glitchfinder

Years
  • Let's put it like this: when I first heard about the rebranding of Live Search to Bing a couple of weeks ago, do you know what my first instinct was? I Googled "Bing".

Yeah... Sorta sums it up. I prefer the clean minimalism of Google (though I think it's gotten further from this in recent months, what with all that iGoogle rubbish) to the layout of Bing.

Actually, iGoogle has been around for over a year. In fact, I think it was actually released shortly after Gmail. Whatever the case, Google and every other search provider that offers service in China is required, by Chinese law, to block certain search terms and to hand over data regarding them. (In response to an earlier post)

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I've never even heard of Bing until you mentioned it here.

Google is just too popular and I can bet you anyone who has a computer will have/frequently visits google.

Years
  • Actually, iGoogle has been around for over a year. In fact, I think it was actually released shortly after Gmail.

I know that. I just think that recently it's been promoted more, to the point where it's almost as if it's being shoved in our faces. The same is done with Google Chrome. :(

Glitchfinder

Years
  • I know that. I just think that recently it's been promoted more, to the point where it's almost as if it's being shoved in our faces. The same is done with Google Chrome. :(

True. Youtube is certainly promoting it. I still find if interesting that when Google Video didn't pan out, Google bought Youtube. Because of that, Google now owns the top most visited domain in the world, along with the third most visited domain in the world. (Google.com and Youtube.com, respectively)

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I havn't even heard of the bing.. Google all the way I suppost :D

Back