• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Rocket Plot

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Team Rocket Plot
    Team Rocket Plot
    Team Rocket Plot

Team Rocket Grunts: Male and Female

What were your thoughts on the storyline regarding Team Rocket? Did you like the little additions such as having to disguise yourself in order to sneak into the Goldenrod Radio Tower (which annoying Silver blew)? What about the attention to detail that was given to some of the Rocket staff such as Petrel, Archer, Proton and Ariana that we didn't receive in GSC? Did the journey of defeating Team Rocket and saving Johto (and some of Kanto) give you that great sense of nostalgia? Did it also give you something new, fresh and intriguing to play? Or did you feel like the whole experience was just a carbon copy of GSC?

Also on another note, think about the Rocket Executives' and Grunts' teams. Were they challenging enough? Or would you have preferred something a bit harder?

Discuss!

Team Rocket Plot
    Team Rocket Plot
    Team Rocket Plot
    Team Rocket Plot
    Team Rocket Plot
    Team Rocket Plot

Team Rocket Administrators/Executives: Petrel, Archer, Ariana and Proton respectively.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    It was interesting sneaking around in a Rocket costume, I really liked that. A shame we couldn't choose if we wanted to keep wearing the outfit though but then again it'd be a little strange seeing a Rocket Grunt challenging the Pokemon League honestly!

The Team Rocket, executives had an interesting design to them. They had the nostalgia of the unusual hair colours and that made me smile. As for battling them, they weren't particularly hard and fighting off countless Koffings wasn't the most interesting thing. I would of liked them to make the teams more diverse rather than focusing on certain Pokemon and their evolutions, it would of made them more challenging to fight and having to get you thinking, rather than spamming an attack repeatedly. The grunts were worse, I saw common repitition of certain Pokemon which irked me a little, but it was interesting the Persian security cameras in the HQ!

I like the new things they introduced in HG/SS while keeping old memories from Team Rocket back in G/S/C. It wasn't a complete carbon copy of G/S/C to be honest, I found them adding new features and things to keep Team Rocket, classic yet with a new twist which I enjoyed.

Back