• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT] Drizzle team

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Politoad @ Focus Sash
    Quiet Nature
    Ability: drizzle
    specific IV: 0 speed
    EV's:
    252 HP
    252 SpA
    6 SpD
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Scald
    - Hypnosis

pretty simple here. slow as possible to best compete with other weather ability pokemon, and it isn't afraid to stay in turn one just in case it wants to switch back in later for a second drizzle.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EV's:
    252 SpA
    252 Spe
    6 HP
    - Rapid Spin
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance

coverage, rapid spinning, and emergency raindance. not meant to be switched in... flimsy toolbox.

Gorebyss @ leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Ability: Hydration
    EV's:
    252 Def
    252 HP
    6 SpA
    -Rest
    -shell smash
    -baton pass
    -scald

something of a physical wall. something to switch into, take a few attacks while shell smashing, then baton pass to something that can sweep. This, however, is where I feel I need the most help, since it hasn't been pulling its weight.

Rotom-W @ choice scarf
    Modest Nature
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's:
    252 Spe
    252 SpA
    6 HP
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt switch

Choicer here. sometimes even useful to jump it in, volt switch, and pull out for quick revenge kill back into a new wall. been serving me quite well so far.

Vaporeon @ leftovers
    Modest Nature
    EV's:
    252 SpA
    252 SpD
    - Roar
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald
    - Rest

special wall with some kick. also useful with entry hazards and as a hazer.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Specific IV: 0 speed
    EV's:
    252 HP
    252 Def
    6 SpD
    - spikes
    - stealth rock
    - leech seed
    - gyro ball

at 40 speed when at level 100, this thing has an amazing gyro ball. at this bulk, it's a simple matter to set up entry hazards along with encourage switching with leech seed.

And there we have it. it's a rain dance team without the swift swim, and thus takes advantage of drizzle defensively.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The lack of STAB hurts on Starmie. I'd have Hydro Pump over Ice Beam because it does a lot of damage even to those who resist it under the rain.

Shadow Ball serves little purpose on Rotom-W this generation. Hidden Power (Fighting) can be used to deal with Tyranitar and Ferrothorn.

I'd fix Ferrothorn's EVs and nature with 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef with Sassy. Power Whip can be used over one of your hazards, Gyro Ball or Leech Seed to help deal with other Water Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    after taking some of your suggestions into consideration and reworking the team until it works alot more consistantly, this is what i've come up with.

Politoed lead @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Drizzle
    Nature: Quiet
    252 HP
    252 Sp.A
    6 Sp.D
    - Focus Blast
    - Hypnosis
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam

Politoed isn't much, but this build has a few things on his side: 1) Drizzle. 2) Unusual build, combining bulk with power and forgetting speed. 3) survivability. he'll always get at least one hit in. This murders anything that tries setting up as a lead, and it uses hypnosis on anything else. I've had this guy take out cloysters, blazekins, and sometimes goes on to take out 1 or two other pokes. His high HP and raw power mean he's gonna go down fighting.

Dragonite @ Choice scarf
    Ability: Multiscale
    Nature: Modest
    252 Sp.A
    252 Spe
    6 HP
    -Thunder
    -Hurricane
    -Draco Meteor
    -Ice Beam

standard scarfer. this thing is a beast in the rain, and cover's this team's main weaknesses: grass types. a contrary serperior would rip my team to shreds before I brought dragonite onto this team. a great addition.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Modest
    252 Sp.A
    252 Spe
    6 HP
    -Thunder
    -Hydro Pump
    -Hidden Power Fighting
    -shadow ball

This along with draonite create a suite of revenge-killing machines to make sure my walls killers don't go unpunished. Volt switch was removed in favor of hidden power instead of shadow ball for the sake of coverage, and I never found a time when i'd rather have volt switched.

Lapras @ Leftovers
    nature: Careful
    252 HP
    98 Atk
    160 Sp.D
    -curse
    -waterfall
    -rest
    -avalanche

I must say. I was quite skeptical to this. but when I finally decided to give it a try, it swept up at the end so many times that I just fell in love with it. just like your standard curselax, except it has more coverage and its finishing moves are stab'd. I can't really think of anything that's immune to both ice and water, so it won't be walled except in very special circumstances. the high special defense natural and the high defense gained by curse means this thing is here for the count, and rest + hydration is just simply broke.

Gorebyss @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    252 HP
    252 Def
    6 Sp.A
    -Hidden Power Fighting
    -Toxic
    -Rest
    -Scald

physical wall up the wazoo. toxic, rest. rest. rest. rest. rest. gg. barring that, two moves. one can burn, the other helps take out ferrothorn in a pinch. Gorebyss has killed many opponents, all who never saw it coming. (this thing survives stab'd high jump kick at just above half health for god's sake)

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    252 HP
    6 Sp.A
    252 Sp.D
    -Rest
    -Roar
    -Toxic
    -Scald

Just like gorebyss, but special. same rules apply to vaporeon's endurance against stabbed special moves that it just shrugs off and laughs at.

All in all... i've been liking this team. playing with it online often has helped me better understand how this game works, and my team has improved because of it.

Back