• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am making a pokemon storie/series and need some new characters

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    i need some characters in some of the episodes/chapters. i will try and include all people in at least one episode/chapter. so please can u fill out the questions as they are below

Name:
    Eye colour:
    How many badges recieved:
    Pokemon team (of 6):
    Clothes:
    Personal trait:
    Detailed description:

...................... please doesnt anyone want to be in my series/storie then

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • First off, you made that second post minutes after your first. O_o While PC's an active forum, we're not that awesomely active.

Second, we can't really offer you any characters if we don't actually know what the story's about. Having even an inkling will help us figure out whether we should be submitting comic relief, a main character, someone with fancy powers to help your main character out, or just an ordinary background character.

Third, I wouldn't really recommend doing this. Someone else's OCs tend to be harder to work with than canon characters or your own OCs. The reason why is because you really have no material to work with when you go to write about them. You can't just make stuff up because they're not your characters, and you can't really go and watch an episode or read a chapter of the manga online to figure out how they're supposed to act. So, you're really taking a risk when you go to use a cast that contains characters created by someone else. Unless you're really good, you might actually disappoint people who submit something to you.

Fourth, but if you insist, I'd really suggest going to check out the roleplay forum. They have a lot of games with a lot of profiles that should give you an idea of what to ask for when it comes to characters. In turn, that'll help you get enough information that'll help you write each chapter without having to ask creators lots of questions.

Hope that helps a little!

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    First off, you made that second post minutes after your first. O_o While PC's an active forum, we're not that awesomely active.

Second, we can't really offer you any characters if we don't actually know what the story's about. Having even an inkling will help us figure out whether we should be submitting comic relief, a main character, someone with fancy powers to help your main character out, or just an ordinary background character.

Third, I wouldn't really recommend doing this. Someone else's OCs tend to be harder to work with than canon characters or your own OCs. The reason why is because you really have no material to work with when you go to write about them. You can't just make stuff up because they're not your characters, and you can't really go and watch an episode or read a chapter of the manga online to figure out how they're supposed to act. So, you're really taking a risk when you go to use a cast that contains characters created by someone else. Unless you're really good, you might actually disappoint people who submit something to you.

Fourth, but if you insist, I'd really suggest going to check out the roleplay forum. They have a lot of games with a lot of profiles that should give you an idea of what to ask for when it comes to characters. In turn, that'll help you get enough information that'll help you write each chapter without having to ask creators lots of questions.

Hope that helps a little!

thanks alot for that i am not really amazing so i think i will just use my own its hard making my own characters up so i could use some inspiration

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • thanks alot for that i am not really amazing so i think i will just use my own its hard making my own characters up so i could use some inspiration

If you need inspiration, you should either do what Valentine has suggested and look at how people build up characters in the Roleplay Section or you could look at other stories/media (TV, manga, etc.) that are along the same themes as whatever you're writing about. For example, if you're writing Pokemon fiction it might be helpful to look at other stories in this Section of PC.

I believe there are even guides which can help you build up a character within PC itself. (:

Edit: Just checked, if you visit the "Writing Resources" thread there's a few guides on character. I hope I'm helpful and not... Annoying. o_o

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Base characters of people you know in real life, most author's do. If you have a large, teddybear of a friend, make a large teddybear of a character. Just adapt them to fit the situation of your story.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Base characters of people you know in real life, most author's do. If you have a large, teddybear of a friend, make a large teddybear of a character. Just adapt them to fit the situation of your story.
    Just be careful with this for two reasons. One, the person might not like being written about. And B.) you still really aren't sure of a person's personality. While it's okay for a one-off character (for instance, I based my OC's father on my own), if you want a complete character, you need to put more work into the character. Like, while you might know your friend as a teddy bear of a person, they might be a jerk to another group of friends. But it's still a good place to start for ideas.

So, just like have fun with creating characters. Either look at the plot of your story and create a character around that, or create a character and write about them, seeing where they go and how they grow/act with everyone and everything.

I wish I could give more advice, but my characters tend to just show up.

Don't worry, Daydream. You're not being annoying. You're being amazing! *finger guns*

First off, you made that second post minutes after your first. O_o While PC's an active forum, we're not that awesomely active.
    But we are awesome, ain't we?

Back