• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Music - What's Your Favourite ?

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
  • The Canalave city music and Jubilife city music are some of my favorite songs but I also liked Victory Road's music and Amity Square's music.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    i liked the sunyshore city theme and as well teh sendoff spring/old chateau music. call me crazy but i like music that gives me chills

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    It's honestly hard for me to choose one because DPPt had such a phenomenal OST; the best one in the series IMO. Maybe it's because when Platinum was coming out, everyone was telling me the music was supbar to the other games, and since I never played D/P, I didn't know what to expect.

Sunyshore City comes to mind because it has such an uplifiting, inspiring feel to it. I have many a fond memory of coming here to buy seals and get ribbons daily since they would change.

Another one I adored was the "Fight Area". This was always what I'd hear when I first turned my game on, because it was my usual spot for training my Pokemon against the gym leaders/stat trainers in the battleground, as well as my rival, after my guys were done EV-training. It also has a really "you can do it!" feel to it.

Lastly, another one that probably got overlooked a lot was the nighttime variant of the Pokemon Center. It's easily my favorite PC theme and reminds me of the countless nights spent in the Wifi Room waiting for my friends to battle and do Battle Frontier.

Hell, the sheer advent of the music changing depending on the time of day was something these games had going for them.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Ahh, D/P/Pt had some amazing music, I remember chilling just outside of Snowpoint City to listen to this:

(the video says route 216, but it's really 216/217).

The piano that's just before Cynthia's battle. It gets you ready for what's quite possibly one of the best Pokemon battles in the whole series. On top of that, there's Cynthia's theme itself. AMAZING. Just...wow. The feel that's in it totally pumps you up for the battle to see who's the strongest.

I could see someone mentioned the night Pokemon Centre theme, it's really calming and gives you a relaxing feel, like how a Pokemon Centre should. It was nice to listen to that while fixing up my boxes on my PC, as it's fun to do things with a relaxed atmosphere.

Spear Pillar. The music there has the whole "end of the world" feel to it, as the battle between you, Team Galactic and Dialga/Palkia ultimately decides the region's fate.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • DPPt music is really hit and miss with me. I either think it's amazing or annoying. Not a big fan of the wild battle music, the surf music, the generic legendary theme (for Heatran and DP Giratina), and a LOT of routes in the game, but Cynthia's theme, Route 216, the gym leader theme, Giratina's Platinum theme, and the Dialga/Palkia theme, those are all amazing. Overall, for me, DPPt is more miss than hit, however what's good is really, really good and outshines the tracks that I don't like. DPPt OST is nothing to scoff at, basically.

Empoleon6667

Gengar Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    I Love the music for the legendary birds wild encounter (Its sad because I never caught a single one of them :( but I'm still trying!)

Back