• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding an EXP Gain ME/SE

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I've been trying to do this and can't figure out the right place to put it. Will a music effect work, or do I need to use a sound effect? Where would I insert this, and is it possible to make it so it cuts off the SE/ME when the exp gain stops?

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Yeah, it's totally possible! In script PokeBattle_Battle search for this comment "#EXP Bar animation" (line 1760) and insert, just before the "loop do" line (1759), this: pbSEPlay("your_se").

If you want to cut it off when the animation ends, just put pbSEStop() after the "end" that closes the "loop do". After adding the line with pbSEPlay that "end" should be on line 1798.
Hope this helps!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Yeah, it's totally possible! In script PokeBattle_Battle search for this comment "#EXP Bar animation" (line 1760) and insert, just before the "loop do" line (1759), this: pbSEPlay("your_se").

If you want to cut it off when the animation ends, just put pbSEStop() after the "end" that closes the "loop do". After adding the line with pbSEPlay that "end" should be on line 1798.
Hope this helps!

Ahhh! Thanks so much. I've been looking in PokeBattle_ActualScene. This works!

Back