• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fan Fiction - Would You Like To See It In Different Media Formats?

MisterBlue92

I don't want your damn lemons!
Years
  • Hi everyone,

As I'm sure most of you will agree, fan fiction for most franchises is usually in either image or text formats. I've only ever seen a few examples of fan fiction in different media formats such as video or music (which I'm thinking of writing myself).

So my question is, can any of you share any examples of Pokemon fan fiction that aren't presented as a still image or piece of text? Also, what is your opinion on the idea of fan fiction through video, music or other formats?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I believe it's called something along the lines of fan labor, as fan fiction is specifically the writing aspect.

Can any of you share any examples of Pokemon fan fiction that aren't presented as a still image or piece of text?
    One of the most prominent in Pokemon are fan games. PokeCommunity has a large community for it, and fan-games are a clear example, branching through to ROM Hackings as well.

Besides that, there are AMV's, which are videos. With music, you will surely not find any sorts of original works as that would not actually be in the fandom. However, there are remixes of the original songs, so that would fit in the category. In addition, there are a vast number of people that enjoy playing the musical scores. Don't forget "filking" but those are more private occasions and they're not as major in Pokemon.

Also, what is your opinion on the idea of fan fiction through video, music or other formats?
    I guess, great? Can't really say much here...

katiekitten

Is currently: Very happy
    Years
  • There are the occasional animations/small cartoon episodes, and the occasional bounce of ideas such as 'audiobook fanfiction', but I haven't seen much else. It'd be neat to see, though, if someone did put the effort in. :3 I think the problem is that it'll a great deal more effort to create a visual representation of a fanfic - but it has been done, I'm sure. x3

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I'm not sure if fanfiction per-se have been done as anything other than doushinjis and written literature, but there have been attempts at animating the Pokemon Special Manga. That doesn't really count as fanfiction because it's really just transferring mediums. It is interesting to see something like that being attempted, though. Beyond that, the closest I think may exist at something like this would have to be sketch animations on youtube, but nothing beyond that. Nothing with an original concept based on the Pokemon universe that I'm aware of.

As for other fandoms, I think a group of indie filmmakers made a LotR fan-movie once. A really good one too, and if it's not based of 'The Hobbit' then it really is fanfiction on the big screen. I haven't read the hobbit and I haven't watched the movie, so I'm sorry if a bit of the details are off. I'm just going from memory.

Back