• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I've been looking at that fake corocoro leak, and after some thinking, Mega Wobbuffet and Mega Ditto would be awesome!

Wobbuffet could play is traditional role and counter and stuff, but when, say a dark type comes out and you're at low health, you could mega evolve into a fast offensive pokemon (possibly psychic fighting type) and sweep.

For ditto's mega evolution, he could turn back into his normal self, and then into the pokemon he's currently fighting, but instead of equal stats, His highest stat after the copy is multiplied by 1.5.

Now onto things that have a remote chance of happening.

What about a mega Spinda? It could turn into a tornado thing.

mega Carnivine, And the dino's from gen 4 could get mega's too.

And like I've said in other threads, There will definitely be a mega in the pikachu line.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
OK, some random speculation here...

MegaGothitelle: Has longer hair and maybe a queen's crown on top?
MegaCrustle: Probably a cross between a Rhino Beetle and a crab, but can carry stones twice the size and can also give people a ride on its back!
MegaSawsbuck: It probably gonna look similar to Xerneas, but they have larger and more decorative antlers, as well as a larger body, more like a male moose.
MegaReuniclus: We've already seen Duosion grow arms as it evolves haven't we? The Reuniclite will give this Pokemon legs as well!
MegaExeggutor: Is fatter and has approximately 6-9 heads, and has a third leg to hold itself together.

Years
While I do think some of the designs are kind of cool, like for say Charizard and Garchomp, as a whole, I don't really like the idea of mega evolutions. It just seems gimmicky to me - it's taken B&W's powercreep to a whole new level, because let's face it, Mega Garchomp with Sand Force is gaudy, and I don't really like that. There is such a thing as too much power. XD Throw in the fact that everybody and their mother will be using these things, they'll be everywhere. The saving grace is that it's battle only, and the Pokemon will revert after the fight or without their mega stone.

Going by what Artemis said too, I'd hate for a Pokemon like a Mawile, Druddigon, etc, to get a mega evolution instead of a plenty viable actual evo. That would be kind of lame. :/

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think it's interesting concept that should have stayed only with not evolved Pokemon imo...
Evolving already evolved Pokemon is too much... Well... I'll see when I see them in action, I guess =D
My favorite's gotta be MEGA Lucario 'cause... it's Lucario =D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Blastoise's MegaEvolution is one of my favorites. I love the way that it has only one large cannon on its back instead of two smaller ones. Also, the mini-cannons on its hands are just wonderful. I like Mega Charizard, too. It seems to be more slimmer, faster, powerful, and more intimidating. Venusaur's Mega form has gotta be one of my least favorites. When you compare it to its normal form, it's quite hard to notice the differences other than the mark on its forehead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I do like Mega Evolutions. The main reason I like them is the possibility of changing the Metagame drastically. If I had to compare them to something, it would be the Pokemon TCG Ace Spec cards, I don't really play the card game but I know a little about it and Ace Spec cards have some similarities to Mega Pokemon in some way.

Getting back to the topic of changing the Metagame, I hope Mega Pokemon become a key part of the competitive teams. Many competitive teams often leave room for a Wild Card so I hope Mega Pokemon fill up that role.

My favorite Mega Evolution so far is MegaCharizard, but if Feraligtr gets a Mega Evolution too then that would probably end up being my favorite.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
i definitely think mega evolutions are cool! however i dont like how all the already powerful pokemon are getting them. hopefully they're balanced in some kind of way.
i like the ampharos and mawile ones even the absol, but mega-mew2 i'll have to wait and see on that one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
You can relax now guys

Mega Garchomp

When Garchomp becomes Mega Garchomp, the increased energy flows into the Pokémon's arms, turning them into huge blades! Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.

is going to be ok.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
You can relax now guys

Mega Garchomp

When Garchomp becomes Mega Garchomp, the increased energy flows into the Pokémon's arms, turning them into huge blades! Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.

is going to be ok.

Ah so there is a negative effect with mega evolutions. This is good... Very good.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well this is the first time GF has stated a stat decrease in a Mega Pokemon so we cant be sure.
Plus it's only a "little" according to them...so maybe a 3-5 drop...

You know it makes logical sense it's speed feel as it's head is no longer as aerial dymamic shaped as normal Garchomps.

Years
Design wise, I really like Mega Blastoise, Mega Garchomp, and Mega Blaziken.
With Mega Blastoise, it's always good to have more cannons!
Mega Garchomp just looks more ferocious.
I really like the red and black coloration on Mege Blaziken.

However, I have to say that I have gained a soft spot for Mega Ampharos over the past weeks. Just recently, I trained an Ampharos on my Pokemon Black in honor of it. I may transfer him to my Y version for his Mega Evolution.

Additionally, I had an instant liking to Mega Kangaskhan. The form seems simple but effective!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Plus it's only a "little" according to them...so maybe a 3-5 drop...

You know it makes logical sense it's speed feel as it's head is no longer as aerial dymamic shaped as normal Garchomps.

Yep, I actually expect Garchomp to be in either 650- 660 BST level even with the speed decrease, GF is really hyping the strength of these Mega-Evolutions.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Ah so there is a negative effect with mega evolutions. This is good... Very good.

I believe negative effects only counts for fully evolved Pokémons such as the starters.
Base Pokémons such as Absol and Mawile don't have much to lose in Mega form. However, that's what I think.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It could be possible that Garchomp is the one of the Megas announced so far with a decrease...though a reshift of Mewtwo's special atk to atk for X seems likely

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
While I do think some of the designs are kind of cool, like for say Charizard and Garchomp, as a whole, I don't really like the idea of mega evolutions. It just seems gimmicky to me - it's taken B&W's powercreep to a whole new level, because let's face it, Mega Garchomp with Sand Force is gaudy, and I don't really like that. There is such a thing as too much power. XD Throw in the fact that everybody and their mother will be using these things, they'll be everywhere. The saving grace is that it's battle only, and the Pokemon will revert after the fight or without their mega stone.

Going by what Artemis said too, I'd hate for a Pokemon like a Mawile, Druddigon, etc, to get a mega evolution instead of a plenty viable actual evo. That would be kind of lame. :/

I was thinking the same for the most part. I was kinda let down that we couldn't just get a plin evolution of Mawile.

At first it does seem like mega Garchomp would be OP, but the official site says that while his attack and spacial attack rise, he has a drop in speed. So it souldn't be too hard to outspeed it, and with it's 4x ice weakness, I'm actually doubting that anyone will bother using mega Garchomp since you're limited to 1 megalution at a time.

Back