• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Urgent] Moderators needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I would like to be a moderator on this forum, but I think Coolboyman would make a better one, but anyway here we go!

I think I would be a good moderator, because I have played around with tools and hex editors and I'm learning how ROMs work.
    I give constructive posts (ex. On the Luminous Yellow thread, I posted all the glitches I found along with screenshots to show them.)
    I try to be as nice as possible both on and off the internet.
    I am very active on the forum. I try to be on here at least once a day.
    I'm a Exc. in the Team Rocket group here, so you know I'm a good leader!

I doubt I'll get the position, but thank you for listening reading my application.

EDIT: I also made the Taken Hack Names thread, and I try to update it once a week or so.

Last edited:

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • Oh, it`s Christos (the guy who gave me an infraction back in 2008 :P)

However, I would like to be an moderator if possible.

The reasons :
    • I`m on here nearly every day
    • I have some pc friends here and one/two of em have an own hack thread, so they might could help me too (I won`t make them mods :P)
    • I`m a guy who goes with the friendlier way first (if someone is spamming/flaming, then I`ll warn them. If they still continue I have to ban them :P)

Couldn`t find better reasons :(

My disadvantage : You have to inform me about (for example what I`m allowed to do if someone posts a link to rom, etc.).

If I don`t become a mod, then I`ll also accept it ;)

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016

My Application

I think that I would the perfect canidate for the position. I have about 1 year worth experience being an admin on a site known as "Pokerum", and also a recent site known as "Poke Cavern", which is also set on "V-Bullitin". I am generally a mature, easy to appoach person, I give out the proper respect that members of this forums deserve and I'm active almost 8 hours a day on this forum. I've read the rules very thoroughly, and have been sure to follow them. I also have alot of time on my hands; thus I often read different threads, the ROM hacking section particulary. I am a ROM hacker as well, I've been interested in the field for almost a year now; reading tutorials and being a guest for quite some time now. I consider myself a decent ROM hacker. My skills in ROM hacking include:

Hex editing palettes
    Hex editing text
    Tile inserting
    Scripting (somewhat advance)
    Mapping (pretty good)
    Spriting (Decent...ish)
    General UNLZ applications
    Inserting general stuff (sprites, OWs ect.)
    Good attitude

I believe that my skills in ROM hacking and judgement would play a great role in the success of this section. If you would like to evaluate my skills in ROM hacking, or just want to interview me, please shoot a PM; I am very interested in the position.

~References\proper means of contact available upon request :3 I'm the queen of bragging

PS. What will become of "Pokemon Sienna".

edit: So many people viewing, I feel nerveus already.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • More power to all of you who want to be moderators. kind of funny how many posts this has gotten considering that it's only been here for a couple of hours.

Years
  • There are a few frontrunners for the contest, in my opinion. I've observed some posts and they're pretty convincing. This is going to be a hard one to decide...

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    My Application

Might as well... :pirate: (Yarr!)

Application:

1. I've been on the ROM hacking forums for about two and a half years now.
    -About that amount, it's been a very long time.
    -So long that I've forgotten to make myself a new sig. and avvie. I should probably go do that.
    2. If I remember correctly, my only post that was deleted, was because of mini-modding by responding to spam.
    3. I have a complete and up to date collection of all the tool used for Pokemon hacking.
    -I've been planning to make a Tool Index thread but submitted it before it was done, and never got around to remaking it.
    4. My motto is "Lurk Moar!!" so even though I don't post much I am on PokeCommunity at least once a day.
    -Being here once a day lets me recognize most of whats going on.
    5. Even though I've made very little contributions so far, I believe I have gained enough knowledge about ROMs and the general running of this forum to responsibly become a moderator.
    -I know the rules of the specific ROM hacking sub-forums, and am (after my deleted post) I believe thoroughly acquainted with the site-wide rules.
    -I've gained knowledge enough to make a fairly high quality hack, but unfortunately my story writing skills are dismal.
    -The only hacking skills I haven't learned are ASM, scripting (though I understand the concept and some basics), and programming (I've tried several times, I always get stuck and lose interest).
    6. I have a gray cat with no name, he's very fuzzy. ;)
    7. I think it would be a good experience for me, it's something I've always wanted to do.
    -I've had big responsibilities before, but I'm a bit of a procrastinator, so being a mod might help me lose that bad habit.

Even if I don't get picked, it's been a pleasure lurking, and I'm sure the new mod will be wisely chosen. :)

Last edited:

Bela

Banned
    Years
  • I would love to help the ROM hacking section and would apply if only this weren't April Fool's Day. =)

These forums seem a little unorganized, so if a Moderator would like to help with that that would be great.

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • I would love to be a moderator of this section. ^-^ Although I'm not a particularly advanced ROM hacker, I do tend to have a lot of experience with diplomatic situations at my school and, (I hate to be pulling this one) boy scouts -__-. I do hold many leadership positions outside of Pokemon though. I take a cool approach to confrontations on the internet, as well as trying to branch out as much as I can. I try to answer any and all questions of people of any kind, be it noob or pro, young or old. Rather than some members when they get that embarrassing PM from a brand new member and ignoring it, I try to explain and solve their problem, and if that's not possible, help them get around it. In one case, I have even wrote a tutorial for a new member.

Beside having credentials and the attitude, I also am a closely personable person. For the love of everybody, I like the start any conversations with people, be it on the internet or with the absences of the digital life. I'm am also very dedicated to everything I start.

And, for the final note, I love PC, and want to stop any problems, solve what some people may call the Rom Hacking section, a "hell hole", and spur development of the Rom Hacking community so people don't have to leave their inquiries in the simple questions thread, providing them with the chance the become pro ^-^

Thanks for reading my speel about me ;D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    pick meeeeeeeeeee

How about you just choose me... ;) /wink wink nudge nudge

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • Lol, mine infraction was "Illegal materials" xD

That`s cause I pasted a link to my hack in 2008.
    That was a link to a ROM-File, so that`s why.

Lol, they`re too many good applications here xD
    So I guess that I`m not gonna be a mod ^_^
    To be honest, the other guys here who have more experience in hacking, mapping and stuff, would be better mods than me xD

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Can you say who the front runners are?

Obviously I am, for my 2281 posts.

Seriously though, there are a ton of highly talented people interested who've posted, and whom I know next to nothing about, so they'll be hard-pressed to choose from among them.

But what is this "room hiking" you have all been speaking of?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I have 0 experiance with hacking, I just know I'd do a damn better job than the majority of this forum.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
  • Sorry chump but who the hell are you?

I sir. Am not a chump. I am a member of this community.And you sir.You would be called someone who doesn't know squat about hacking...so go back to being ex-staff kthxbai.

I just know I'd do a damn better job than the majority of this forum.

Says mr.0 experience.
    (no disrespect intended....also i think you need to come back when your sober......Just saying)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back