• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Character Discussion

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
As for Max and May returning, I'm not that into it. They were my least favorite supporting characters (in the anime, anyways).

Max probably won't return because no character ages, but May might if there's an R/S remake. And least favorite? They were probably the best knit group in the series after the Kanto portion of the trio.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Who Else wants Brock Back In kalos?

I was just seeing some old Episodes and I realized how Much I miss brock..Cilan Sucks..Who else wants brock back?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
This type of thread has been posted many a time on many a forum and all it ends up being is a Cilan vs Brock (vs sometimes Tracey) thread. It involves the exact same arguments over and over. It is not interesting and promotes little actual discussion. I would recommend you make a more general thread if you want an actual discussion- more along the lines of "Which characters would you like to see in Kalos?" This off-hand comment, though, belongs more in GCD. I'm going to merge it into there.

And I'll answer- Brock coming back would be fun if they expanded his role. Less womanizing, more PokéDoctor in training. More interaction with other characters beyond the mains and the girls he confesses his love to. Make him a more well-rounded character and I'm for it.

But also you must consider a few other things- Cilan's lasted what, four American seasons? idk I don't know where the dub separated things. Tracy lasted thirty-four episodes as a main character. And that's when Brock wasn't nearly as established. Obviously Cilan doesn't suck that much. He's a fun character with an interesting knowledge base and varied interests. He's a competent battler and is obviously skilled in his chosen profession(s). He's been a bit shafted by unappealing writing and lack of character focus, though. I'd love to see him return in Kalos and have his character expanded upon as well.

But then again, what of the characters of Kalos themselves? We've got a huge character pool right from the get-go- Tierno, Serena, Calem, Shauna, and Trevor. Then Clemont and Grant and Sycamore and Alexa and Viola. As far as I can tell, it's not going to be necessary to bring any characters back besides Ash, Pika, and the TRio. Now that Brock has been replaced for a good long time, they are the only main permanents left in the anime. Perhaps the writers will take to replacing the group 'adult' every season as well from now on. Who knows?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Speaking of characters joining Ash group in 6th generation am i the only one who would like to see Misty again?

She has great personality being interesting to see her back after such long hiatus adding for refreshing twist.
Imo it would be great to see her come back updated with new, fun things being done with character in form of sequel. I always thought it could be interesting if she went on journey to rank up as trainer like Wallace from Hoenn did entering various water tournaments similar to Whirl Cup, get new cool water pokemon etc.
Many gym leaders leave their positions to improve as trainers, learn new things and enter tournaments through which they could hone skills. According to that since Misty dream of becoming water master involves completing tasks like Whoirl Cup showed, travel and become strong like E4 mermbers having her go on some quest for awhile would make sense with purpose of stepping up from current position to become stronger and come closer toward achievement of her goals.

Its unlikely at this point, but to me ideal cast for 6th generation would be Ash, Cilan, Misty and as fourth wheel new girl. Yes i admit i would be interested in group with 2 girls allowing to create new, turbulent dynamic and explore on different chemistry such set up would create. .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm taking the idea in your last bit and latching onto it. Two girls yes please! Although I'd like for the group to be Ash, Cilan, Shauna, and the dark-skinned and -haired Serena. SO pretty. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・ Ash could go back to being a mentor to Shauna and on par with Serena. And if contests made a comeback I'd like Serena to be a coordinator and Cilan to be an occasional participant. Ash and Shauna might both go for gym badges, but I'd be bored at so much battling. Perhaps she would dabble in various paths, looking for the one that most speaks to her? Whatever she does, she'd probably do it loudly and with enthusiasm. Serena would be more composed and mature, like a big sister to Shauna though nearly the same age. She'd have her quirks though of course.

I mean, I'm just dreaming things up off the top of my head here. But wouldn't it be fun to see Cilan doing his "___ Time!" with Shauna gleefully supporting his antics, Ash laughing with mild exasperation, and Serena completely annoyed by the excessive dramatics?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I mean, I'm just dreaming things up off the top of my head here. But wouldn't it be fun to see Cilan doing his "___ Time!" with Shauna gleefully supporting his antics, Ash laughing with mild exasperation, and Serena completely annoyed by the excessive dramatics?

That combination would be perfect. At first it sounded too childish and whatnot, but if Serena acts as a happiness repellent throughout everyone's jubilee, then I think there would be a good balance of emotions.

Speaking of characters joining Ash group in 6th generation am i the only one who would like to see Misty again?

I'm pretty sure it was stated that Misty would never return, but anything could happen. Honestly, I think Misty and Brock have had their fair share of episodes. I think two generations are plenty for a character.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
That combination would be perfect. At first it sounded too childish and whatnot, but if Serena acts as a happiness repellent throughout everyone's jubilee, then I think there would be a good balance of emotions.

I ageee, i definitely wouldn't mind something like that. I never understood why writers never opted to go for more balanced cast with two boys, two girls for change. Plenty other anime like Bakugan, One Piece, Bleach etc. have/had suck kind of set up not messing up their plots. On contrary such set up adds for more varied dynamic being taken in more than one different direction making interactions more swinging.

I'm pretty sure it was stated that Misty would never return, but anything could happen. Honestly, I think Misty and Brock have had their fair share of episodes. I think two generations are plenty for a character.

True, but i feel she wasn't fleshed out as much as she could have been during her run leaving several things about story unexplored and untied. Like goal of becoming water pokemon master which was unfinished,potential to learn more about Misty seeing her grow as person and find out more about background and family ,catch new pokemon and work with current ones like Psyduck(like learning him to swim, battle), learn what motivated her in deciding to become mono trainer, why she fears bugs and so on.
Maybe its just me, but i feel she has potential to expand upon and that book was never truly closed on her given exit and quite unexplored goals.

I kinda miss her personality havingunique traits and quirks adding for highly vibrant and passionate character bringing lot of humor and fun dynamic into cast. After so much time last time we saw her could add for fresh twist imo making people interested to follow familiar girl taken in new directions through continuation .

p.s. I know it will likely just remain on wishful thinking though, especially after interview from pokebreach with ex pokemon director(later storyboard artist) mr. Hidaka. But still i think it might be worthy idea.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
HEY GUYS LOOK it's a preview for upcoming Decolora and XY stuff!!

and CILAN GETS TO MEET BROCK ASDFGH
and let's talk about that Gible- what if it's Ash's and he gives it to Iris to be trained further?
and hey look a Gyarados- perhaps Misty will have a cameo after all?

Last edited:

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
Years
I admit i been dreaming a lot about pokemon cause I been re watching the series but this one is weird, I've been dreaming about dawn she is still in anime form but in the real world, how is that possible. I have seen all of DP series but that was on tv along time ago, I've been buying the DVD box sets and I only have up to battle frontier so I havnt even started to watch DP on DVD yet, I just finished watching the last episode of frontier. Well back to my dream out off all characters I dream about dawn the most, yesterday I had a dream about dawn fat tony from simpsons and my family in one dream

It is impossible to control my dreams

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
HEY GUYS LOOK it's a preview for upcoming Decolora and XY stuff!!

and CILAN GETS TO MEET BROCK ASDFGH
and let's talk about that Gible- what if it's Ash's and he gives it to Iris to be trained further?
and hey look a Gyarados- perhaps Misty will have a cameo after all?

Really looking forward to seeing how the Cilan and Brock episode plays out. I can see them having a cook-off or something lol. Gible seems like something that Iris would've caught herself because I'm speculating that the gang stumbles upon it and Iris befriends it and uses Axew to battle it and ends up catching it. Gyarados is terrorizing Cilan too much to be Misty's. We all know a Gyarados owned by Misty would be terrorizing Ash instead :P

I admit i been dreaming a lot about pokemon cause I been re watching the series but this one is weird, I've been dreaming about dawn she is still in anime form but in the real world, how is that possible. I have seen all of DP series but that was on tv along time ago, I've been buying the DVD box sets and I only have up to battle frontier so I haven't even started to watch DP on DVD yet, I just finished watching the last episode of frontier. Well back to my dream out off all characters I dream about dawn the most, yesterday I had a dream about dawn fat tony from simpsons and my family in one dream.

It is impossible to control my dreams

Dawn probably caught a Drowzee and made it mess with your dreams :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Everyone wants a cook-off I swear haha. I'm fairly confident of that happening though because why would they not! Like maybe they have a slight rivalry going in the Battle For Ash's Heart Stomach and end up just being buddies after. I do wonder what's happened to Pansage though. Maybe aftermath from the Striaton Gym episode?

Back