• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crimson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • Pokémon Crimson

Hack Of:
    badge-firered.png

Anyone who can make a CSS will be credited and be greatly appreciated.

Introduction

Um, hi. You may or may not know me, but my name is Destiny Demon, known as Soul in other forums. I've been hacking for about one whole year now maybe, and well, you might know my hack 'Destiny', which I said I would never give up on. And I'm not, but that saga is going to come later, after this one. Pokemon Crimson is NOT a remake of Johto. It's like the Second Saga of the Johto region.

Story

Approximately two years after the saga of a boy named Ethan, a new hero is about to be born in the Johto region. You are the younger sibling of the champion Ethan's best friend, Lyra, who is the current gym leader of New Bark Town. You decide to set off on your own journey, but collecting the badges of Johto isn't your first priority. You find out the legends of the mythical Pokemon of Johto, stop the infamous Team Rocket from their evil plots to take over the Pokemon world, and travel to other regions such as Kanto and Sinnoh to learn about their secret legends. While traveling throughout the region, you meet special people who too are discovering the myths that link the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions to Johto, such as the former champion Cynthia and the current holder of Suicune, Kris.

But what is Team Rocket's motive? What are they doing again in the Johto region, after Ethan stopped Giovanni at Tohjo Falls and Silver helped defeat Team Rocket at the Goldenrod Radio Tower (due to Celebi's time travel), and Archer disbanded the team? The lowly grunt Ethan stopped in Kanto who stole the Machine Part has brewed up a plan to take over the regions of the Pokemon world. But the grunt alone did not revive Team Rocket. You again will meet the executives of this organization, such as Ariana and Proton. And they together have created the ultimate legendary, although artificial, that can destroy the regions. The Scarlet Pokemon, Scarleture. And you, but not just you alone, will help prevent the continuing madness that Team Rocket has brought to not just your home region, but the regions around it.

Features

- Play as either Marvel (hero) or Cecelia (heroine).
    - Meet old favorite characters (such as Steven and Will) and new ones (like Rokya and Cryce).
    - Experience the Day & Night system introduced in Gen. II.
    - Notice the changes that has occurred in the Johto region (see list below).
    - Catch Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon!
    - Two new legendary Pokemon to catch for your team!
    - Travel to other regions for certain reasons (Kanto, Sinnoh, etc.).

As said above, there are changes here in the Johto region just like Kanto had in Gen. II/IV:
    - Some gym leaders have been replaced or moved.
    - Blackthorn City was blown up and is now Blackthorn Valley, due to Scarlecture's signature move Atomic Light.
    - Union Cave has collapsed due to an unknown reason (play to find out why).
    - There are new Frontier Brains in the new Battle Frontiers (will implement later on).
    - The Burned Tower has now been burned to crisp due to Team Rocket's manipulation upon Ho-Oh, which revives Lugia from Whirl Island without the use of the Tidal Bell/Silver Wing.
    - The fountain at National Park is destroyed because of Team Rocket's motives underground.

Characters

Main Characters

Sprites Needed.
    Marvel and Cecelia
    You play as either Marvel or Cecelia, Lyra's younger sibling. You long to become a Pokemon Gym Leader like your sister, but start to get second thoughts when meeting strong trainers like Kris and Steven who aren't associated with the Pokemon League in any way (or anymore). Instead you decide that your first priority is to learn and understand the legends of Johto while fighting Team Rocket, instead of collecting gym badges.

Spr_BW_Cynthia.png

Cynthia
    The former Champion of the Sinnoh region, Cynthia is a Pokemon trainer who is interested in legends and myths of Pokemon. Whether it be in the Sinnoh region or Hoenn region, she will be there to learn their ancient secrets. About two years after she witnessed the reborn egg from one of the legendaries of the Creation trio that Arceus created for Ethan, she decides to return to the Johto region to explore more of the Ruins of Alph and how it is connected to the Sinjoh Ruins and Arceus.

RS_Steven.png

Steven Stone
    The Champion of Hoenn. About five years ago he resigned his position to Wallace so that he can explore different regions and learn about their Pokemon and the myths that the regions hold. He also resigned to follow the Eon duo, Latias and Latios, for a certain unknown reason. The duo eventually led him to Kanto two years ago, where he met Ethan who held the Enigma Stone which was extracted to the Soul Dew, whereas he caught one of the Eon Pokemon, but later set it free to be with its other. Steven now travels to the Johto region in search of three Hoenn legendaries that are resting beneath the region - the Weather Trio, hoping it connects to the Embedded Tower.

Sprite Needed
    Kris
    A former resident of New Bark Town, Kris has collected all of the Johto and Kanto badges like Ethan. But she doesn't wish to be Champion, as she feels strong enough since she captured Suicune at the Bell Tower two years ago. After hearing the return of Team Rocket, she comes back ready to fight them with her new legendary partner.

WA2kA.png

Karen
    The former Elite Four member of the Indigo Plateau, Karen was one of the children along with Will kidnapped by Team Rocket long ago, when their plans were just starting. She and Will were accepted as members of the Elite Four, before Team Rocket's second revival. Once that happened, they couldn't drop out of the Elite Four to stop Team Rocket's plans. But now that they are revived a third time, Karen and Will dropped out to stop them, not taking the chances of them being defeated like they were before.

hknOi.png

Will
    The former Elite Four member of the Indigo Plateau, Will was one of the children along with Karen kidnapped by Team Rocket long ago, when their plans were just starting. He and Karen were accepted as Elite Four members once they both escaped from Team Rocket's evil clutches when Red disbanded the team. They truly despised the evil organization, willing to drop out of the Elite Four after hearing of Team Rocket's third revival, since they weren't able to when their second revival took place.

Gym Leaders

Sprite Needed
    Cryce
    Holder of the Glacier Badge
    Specializing in Dark types, Cryce was once a resident of Cherrygrove City, his longing dream of becoming a Gym Leader becoming true after his great-grandfather Pryce died and he inherited his position as Mahogany Town's Gym Leader. Because he is still young and is learning the ways of becoming a strong gym leader, his Pokemon aren't as ready as the majority of leaders. His signature Pokemon is Glalie.

Nis7Z.png

Bugsy
    Holder of the Hive Badge
    A Bug type Gym Leader who knows lots of experience, strategies, and knowledge. Because most of his Pokemon on his primary team were stolen by Team Rocket, the player is able to defeat Bugsy who has had years of experience. After they defeat Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well the player can re-battle Bugsy for an official rematch. His signature Pokemon is Scizor.

30UVn.png

Falkner
    Holder of the Zephyr Badge
    The Gym Leader who specializes in Flying-type Bird Pokemon. About three years ago when his dad passed his position to him, he wasn't as strong. But after a couple years of practice and training, he has became very strong. Someone who has just became a trainer and challenges is most likely to lose. His signature Pokemon is Pidgeot.

HGSS_Lyra.png

Lyra
    Holder of the Rising Badge
    The older sister of the player. She doesn't specialize in a certain type, so her team is varied. One must be prepared to beat her, who has had lots of years of training. She was offered the position of Gym Leader by her best friend Ethan, so she was allowed to transfer the Blackthorn Gym to her hometown of New Bark Town. Her signature Pokemon is Azumarill.

Media

AvRst.png
    iN04G.png
    1FjwE.png
    l1vnt.png
    RGxAV.png
    41xUF.png
    H768i.png
    9kSQQ.png
    8tdgD.png
    lSR0X.png
    oQA2a.png
    8J2td.png

Spoiler:

Bugs

None yet. *fingers crossed*

F.A.Q.

Question: When will a beta come out?
    Answer: Once I think I have done significant progress, I'll release a nice long beta.

Question: Can I join your hacking team?
    Answer: I don't have one. I like working independently. Eventually I'll need one though, so keep watch.

Question: How did you implement three regions?
    Answer: Some places of the regions you visit are restricted, but you'll have to wait and see.

Downloads

Beta 1 (Not Released) - Places Available:
    New Bark Town
    Route 29
    Route 46
    Cherrygrove City
    Route 30
    Route 31
    - Dark Cave
    Violet City
    - Sprout Tower
    Ruins of Alph
    - Sinjoh Ruins
    Route 36
    National Park
    Route 35

To-Do List

- Finish & Release Beta 1
    - Insert titlescreen
    - Insert custom trainers
    - Insert new hero/heroine
    - Edit Prof. Oak introduction

Achievements

No awards yet.

Credits

Programs Used
    Nameless Sprite Editor - link12552
    Yet Another Pokemon Editor - silver314
    eXtreme Script Editor - Hackmew
    Advance Map - LU-HO
    Advanced Series - Wichu
    Advance Trainer - Hackmew
    Free Space Finder - Hackmew
    Day, Night, and Seasons (DNS) - prime-dialga
    Other
    Zein - Tiles
    TamashiiHiroka - ROM hacking tutorials
    874521 - Overworlds
    WesleyFG - Sprites & Tiles
    lalo0101 - Tiles
    Laidjon - Tiles

If I forgot anyone, don't hesitate to post in this thread and tell me.

Last edited:

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
    Years
  • hmm, I like this! I liek the starter system, and the maps look very good and happy-like. Can't wait for it to be released!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • This hack sounds really impressive, the screenies make it more impressive aswell, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this hack.
    And heres a tip, don't give up on this hack anytime soon :)

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
    Years
  • I'm liking the sounds of this, I'm guessing you'll be altering the look of routes/cities/etc. to go with the "two years later" (a lot can happen it two years). The starter system you have is really cool.

Like Tcoppy said, don't give up on this, I personally see some real potential in this.

Best of luck! I'll be checking on this regularly.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • In case you haven't noticed, the first screen still refers Lyra as "Soul".
    Also, instead of Kris, can you name that Suicune holder "Crystal"?

Apart from that, I like the concept of this hack very much. I'll be tuned in for updates.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • In case you haven't noticed, the first screen still refers Lyra as "Soul".

Apart from that, I like the concept of this hack very much. I'll be tuned in for updates.

"Soul" is his name on another forum, and the name he chose for the player.

Anyway, this looks really nice. Good story, good screens, overused tiles,but I really don't like the name.

Years
  • Approximately two years after the saga of a boy named Ethan, a new hero is about to be born in the Johto region. You are the younger sibling of the champion Ethan's best friend, Lyra, who is the current gym leader of New Bark Town. You decide to set off on your own journey, but collecting the badges of Johto isn't your first priority. You find out the legends of the mythical Pokemon of Johto, stop the infamous Team Rocket from their evil plots to take over the Pokemon world, and travel to other regions such as Kanto and Sinnoh to learn about their secret legends. While traveling throughout the region, you meet special people who too are discovering the myths that link the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions to Johto, such as the former champion Cynthia and the current holder of Suicune, Kris.
    I'm not so sure about what you mean by "first priority" because that implies that you know about the legends and Team Rocket, and in that case, a motive as to why you would want to pursue said things would be nice. You seem to mention the first four regions of Pokémon, and if they are all planned to be present in the hack then I'm not sure that's going to be possible, unless major parts of them are cut off.
    But what is Team Rocket's motive? What are they doing again in the Johto region, after Ethan stopped Giovanni at Tohjo Falls and Silver helped defeat Team Rocket at the Goldenrod Radio Tower (due to Celebi's time travel), and Archer disbanded the team? The lowly grunt Ethan stopped in Kanto who stole the Machine Part has brewed up a plan to take over the regions of the Pokemon world. But the grunt alone did not revive Team Rocket. You again will meet the executives of this organization, such as Ariana and Proton. And they together have created the ultimate legendary, although artificial, that can destroy the regions. The Crimson Pokemon, Scarlecture. And you, but not just you alone, will help prevent the continuing madness that Team Rocket has brought to not just your home region, but the regions around it.
    This does seem interesting. The manufacturing of Scarlecture reminds me of Team Plasma creating Genesect. In fact, while we're on the topic of Unova, the Russian Rocket guy lives in Icirrus City, so you'd have to explain that I guess. A bit of elaboration on what a "crimson" Pokémon is would be nice--if it's the Crimson Pokémon, why is the name scarlet? They are different shades of red, jsyk.
    - Play as either Marvel (hero) or Cecelia (heroine).
    - Meet old favorite characters (such as Steven and Will) and new ones (like Rokya and Cryce).
    - Experience the Day & Night system introduced in Gen. II.
    - Notice the changes that has occurred in the Johto region (see list below).
    - Catch Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon!
    - Two new legendary Pokemon to catch for your team!
    - Travel to other regions for certain reasons (Kanto, Sinnoh, etc.).
    All the features seem pretty OK, except for the last one which I touched on earlier.
    - Some gym leaders have been replaced or moved.
    - Blackthorn City was blown up and is now Blackthorn Valley, due to Scarlecture's signature move Atomic Light.
    - Union Cave has collapsed due to an unknown reason (play to find out why).
    - There are new Frontier Brains in the new Battle Frontiers (will implement later on).
    - The Burned Tower has now been burned to crisp due to Team Rocket's manipulation upon Ho-Oh, which revives Lugia from Whirl Island without the use of the Tidal Bell/Silver Wing.
    I'm not sure how an explosion could cause a city to turn into a valley, but I guess that shows Scarlecture's power. If Atomic Light is that powerful though, surely the attack ingame would be far too powerful. The last thing is quite interesting, btw.
    This looks like a good screenshot, and I like the idea of having black text for the speaker's name, but because the mother's sprite is covered by the textbox, you should probably move the camera down a couple of steps.
    I think you should capitilise Gym Leader if you're going to capitilise Pokémon and Route. The tiles look really nice by the way, but some larger flowers would do this map justice imo.
    Um...who's talking? If nobody is, then the text should be black or something. If it's that person, then she should move up to the play.
    Nice, though there's a minor error with the shadows on the floor (in the corner).
    Not much to say here, but that house is being used incorrectly - I assume you're going to replace it with a proper tile later, though.
    If the Professor is speaking, the rest of the text should be blue. Otherwise, this look nice. :D
    If the name of the shop is The Berry Shop, than "the" should have a capital t. Otherwise, something like "Hello, and welcome to my Berry Shop" would probably read better.
    This looks very nice, but I think some larger flowers above the path to the left of the player would give a certain "spark" to that screenshot.
    Cynthia's overworld should be moved one pixel to the left, as it looks odd with her hair touching the player's hat. The map looks pretty empty though, and the grass above the player, and to the left from that tile onwards, should have some sort of variation in the top left or top right quarter of the tile.
    I think you should utilise the multichoice idea instead of having to loop through the whole selection, as if I wanted Chikorita and accidentially pressed B, I'd have to keep on pressing which would be annoying. Still, it's a good script.

Good going so far. I like the graphics of this hack, the storyline looks good and it seems like you've pretty much nailed the scripting too. Some more interesting features would be nice, but I guess it's early for now.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • hmm, I like this! I liek the starter system, and the maps look very good and happy-like. Can't wait for it to be released!
    Thanks a bunch. :3

This hack sounds really impressive, the screenies make it more impressive aswell, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this hack.
    And heres a tip, don't give up on this hack anytime soon :)
    Yeah thanks, I'll try my best to finish this.

Wow! Another Jhoto hack! Your idea is good. I would like to see how this hack progress. Good luck mate.
    Thanks! I thought of the story for a while now.

I'm liking the sounds of this, I'm guessing you'll be altering the look of routes/cities/etc. to go with the "two years later" (a lot can happen it two years). The starter system you have is really cool.

Like Tcoppy said, don't give up on this, I personally see some real potential in this.

Best of luck! I'll be checking on this regularly.
    Yes, the places will be altered, so you'll see some changes (mostly in cities and towns but some routes).

im def. looking forward to this, best of luck to you.
    Thank you.

In case you haven't noticed, the first screen still refers Lyra as "Soul".

Thank you. And Soul is what I named the player (I'm called Soul on another forum).

"Soul" is his name on another forum, and the name he chose for the player.

Anyway, this looks really nice. Good story, good screens, overused tiles,but I really don't like the name.
    Thanks for pointing that out. :p

And don't worry the name might be changed.

I'm not so sure about what you mean by "first priority" because that implies that you know about the legends and Team Rocket, and in that case, a motive as to why you would want to pursue said things would be nice. You seem to mention the first four regions of Pokémon, and if they are all planned to be present in the hack then I'm not sure that's going to be possible, unless major parts of them are cut off.
    Yes, some parts of regions you travel to are restricted, and you'll have to turn back to Johto for other reasons rather than collecting badges in the other regions.

This does seem interesting. The manufacturing of Scarlecture reminds me of Team Plasma creating Genesect. In fact, while we're on the topic of Unova, the Russian Rocket guy lives in Icirrus City, so you'd have to explain that I guess. A bit of elaboration on what a "crimson" Pokémon is would be nice--if it's the Crimson Pokémon, why is the name scarlet? They are different shades of red, jsyk.
    It does, doesn't it? Although they don't abandon Scarlecture like they did with Genesect. And yeah one of the executives will explain his motives. And whoops, I meant to type Scarlet. 0_o The Crimson Pokemon is something different. HINT.

All the features seem pretty OK, except for the last one which I touched on earlier.
    Thanks.

I'm not sure how an explosion could cause a city to turn into a valley, but I guess that shows Scarlecture's power. If Atomic Light is that powerful though, surely the attack ingame would be far too powerful. The last thing is quite interesting, btw.
    The ingame attack will be less powerful, or else it might be overused too much. Thanks.

This looks like a good screenshot, and I like the idea of having black text for the speaker's name, but because the mother's sprite is covered by the textbox, you should probably move the camera down a couple of steps.
    That's a good idea. I'll change the script later on.

I think you should capitilise Gym Leader if you're going to capitilise Pokémon and Route. The tiles look really nice by the way, but some larger flowers would do this map justice imo.
    That'll be an easy fix. Thanks.

Um...who's talking? If nobody is, then the text should be black or something. If it's that person, then she should move up to the play.
    I was told that in the other thread, so I'll change that before releasing the beta.

Nice, though there's a minor error with the shadows on the floor (in the corner).
    Thanks. I'll change it. ;_;

Not much to say here, but that house is being used incorrectly - I assume you're going to replace it with a proper tile later, though.
    It is? 0_o I'll change it later on.

If the Professor is speaking, the rest of the text should be blue. Otherwise, this look nice. :D
    No, it's like a self-thought. :P Thanks~

If the name of the shop is The Berry Shop, than "the" should have a capital t. Otherwise, something like "Hello, and welcome to my Berry Shop" would probably read better.
    I'll change it, yep.

This looks very nice, but I think some larger flowers above the path to the left of the player would give a certain "spark" to that screenshot.
    Thanks. I'll add it right now.

Cynthia's overworld should be moved one pixel to the left, as it looks odd with her hair touching the player's hat. The map looks pretty empty though, and the grass above the player, and to the left from that tile onwards, should have some sort of variation in the top left or top right quarter of the tile.
    Okay, I'll change that, along with the grass.

I think you should utilise the multichoice idea instead of having to loop through the whole selection, as if I wanted Chikorita and accidentially pressed B, I'd have to keep on pressing which would be annoying. Still, it's a good script.
    Thanks, and yeah I'll think of that. That's not a bad idea either. :D

Good going so far. I like the graphics of this hack, the storyline looks good and it seems like you've pretty much nailed the scripting too. Some more interesting features would be nice, but I guess it's early for now.
    Thanks for the nice review, Spherical Ice. Some major scripting will occur later in the game. ;)

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The story seems well planned out.

Also, isn't the name "Scarlecture" too long for a Pokémon name?

I think the limit is 10 characters.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • The story seems well planned out.

Also, isn't the name "Scarlecture" too long for a Pokémon name?

I think the limit is 10 characters.
    It is isn't it... I'll rename it Scarleture instead.

I support any game that has Johto region!
    Well thank you then. C:

Mini-Update
    8tdgD.png
    lSR0X.png
    oQA2a.png
    8J2td.png

All that's left in Violet City is the rest of the Sprout Tower, then I'm off mapping the Ruins of Alph and Sinjoh Ruins ready to release a Beta... Maybe. But Falkner may be too tough for you right now, as he's been training for a couple of years. It's an optional gym match, but you'll obviously need to go back there once you're ready to fight the Elite Four.

And if you hadn't noticed, I added a Characters section. I'll need a Scrolling CSS thread because the thread may be getting too long. If anyone can make one that'd be great.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Can I ask why is there a P.C near dark cave?
    When there's one in violet city?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Can I ask why is there a P.C near dark cave?
    When there's one in violet city?
    You'll need the Pokemon Center later on because of what's gonna happen in Dark Cave, trust me. :<

If you don't get what I mean, why is there a Pokemon Center on Route 4, right before the entrance to Mt. Moon? Because...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    You'll need the Pokemon Center later on because of what's gonna happen in Dark Cave, trust me. :<

If you don't get what I mean, why is there a Pokemon Center on Route 4, right before the entrance to Mt. Moon? Because...

Considering between the nearest PC and Mt. Moon was a route full of trainers, and Dark Cave is nearly right next to Violet City, this event better call forth a need for it.

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
    Years
  • The game looks amazing! So Lyra became gym leader of New Bark Town? Is this fivee years later or something??? Just wondering (I did not mean to sound rude)
    Anyway..... When the first beta comes out, I'll be sure to play it!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • The game looks amazing! So Lyra became gym leader of New Bark Town? Is this fivee years later or something??? Just wondering (I did not mean to sound rude)
    Anyway..... When the first beta comes out, I'll be sure to play it!
    It's five years after Gen. I/III or two years after Gen. II/IV. And thanks.

I was too lazy busy for a while but I managed to finish scripting the Sprout Tower and finished mapping Route 36. All I need left is Route 35, National Park, Route 32, Ruins of Alph, and Sinjoh Ruins along with scripting all of the places. (This'll take a while but I'm taking my time.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    This hack sounds really good, but since it's been nearly three years I'm assuming you have up on it. Oh well

Years
  • Hey there, unfortunately this thread hasn't had a response since August 2011 meaning it's way too old to be revived. As stated in the rules, you're not permitted to revive threads that haven't had a post for a month or more; sorry about that.

And with that said, I'll have to close this. Feel free to ask the Emulation moderators or a member of higher staff if you're confused. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back