• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grim and Proper - UU RMT

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
  • Grim Ghouls - UU RMT

I've decided to come back to competitive Pokemon, in a sense... I've been looking back at my old teams, and I have been wanting to improve on them, this team in particular is failing despite it being successful in it's earlier run... It was one of my favorites, but either I'm screwing up or the team is loosing effectiveness. Need some help with this one.

I wish to keep the theme of the team together though, which is a Halloween-ish/spooky theme, but I'll make drastic changes if necessary.

Scolipede @Focus Sash
    Swarm
    Jolly, 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Earthquake

Scolipede sets up T-Spikes and proceeds to ram into opponents with Megahorn and Earthquake. Rock Slide was new, but its Accuracy has me a bit put off by it. Also, his track record is that his Sash is always broken before use in some respect.

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
    Flash Fire
    Modest, 4 HP, 252 Sp.A, 252 Spe
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ HP Fighting
    ~ Energy Ball

Simple Choiced Chandelure. Comes in on Fire attacks aimed at Scolipede and proceeds to hit hard afterward. Shadow Ball for secondary STAB, HP Fighting deals with Normal-types who can take a Fire Blast or ignore damage from Shadow Ball, Energy Ball for coverage against Water.

Drapion @Life Orb
    Sniper
    Jolly, 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Aqua Tail

Drapion is my main Physical Boosting Sweeper. Crunch for STAB, Swords Dance to boost his good attack strength further. Aqua Tail and Earthquake for coverage.

Sableye @Leftovers
    Prankster
    Careful, 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.D
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Recover
    ~ Night Shade

Sableye his here for his capability to slow physical attackers through Will-O-Wisp. Taunt to stop boosting sweepers. Recover to shrug off damage. Night Shade so he isn't Taunt bait.

Rotom-C @Light Clay
    Levitate
    Timid, 252 HP, 68 Def, 188 Spe
    ~ Volt Switch
    ~ Leaf Storm
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen

Dual Screens Supporter of the team. Volt Switch to get out to my sweepers if there is an opening. Leaf Storm the ward of Water and Ground types aimed at Chandelure.

Cofagrigus @Leftovers
    Mummy
    Bold, 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.D
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ HP Fighting
    ~ Will-O-Wisp

Another Physical Wall for my team, using Calm Mind to patch its Special Defense. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting have synergy together, while Will-O-Wisp allows it to wall more efficiently.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Actually a supereffective HP Fighting from Chandelure still does less to Normal Pokemon than a STAB Fire Blast would:
    HP Fighting: base 70 x 2 (supereffective hit) = 140
    Fire Blast: base 120 x 1.5 (STAB) = 180

But still, HP Fighting is useful for the 4x weak Pokemon, as well as other Pokemon who can ignore Fire Blast (Houndoom, Thick Fat Snorlax, Trace Porygon2).

Other than that, your team looks all right.

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Thanks PlatinumDude for the heads up on HP Fighting's damage output. Its helped when Chandelure would switch on an unsuspecting Normal-type who thought they could wall my attempts at attacking.

I'd love to get a little more feedback, though, but if anything, I'll make my own changes. :)

Last edited:
    Back