• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS is Generation 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    The corocoro scan that confirms Mega Metagross, shown is a screenshot is a name that doesn't seem to match any of the Japanese names of any of the Pokémon. This must mean that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are Generation 7!

Here's the scan that prooves it. It take a very close look!

corocoro814.jpg

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I can't read any of it, could someone please tell me if this is even significant or if this is complete bs. If it is significant... does this mean that the remakes are technically pushing us ahead? I mean if they are Gen 7, does that mean we are going to see a handful of new pokemon or is there some other significance?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I can't read any of it, could someone please tell me if this is even significant or if this is complete bs. If it is significant... does this mean that the remakes are technically pushing us ahead? I mean if they are Gen 7, does that mean we are going to see a handful of new pokemon or is there some other significance?

Maybe it's still Gen VI, seeing how this generation has introduced the least number of new Pokemon (not counting Megas as Pokemon) they may have made some but didn't release them until now? Maybe the Pokemon that weren't in Hoenn mentioned in Corocoro are truly new. It'll break the pattern of no new Pokemon in the middle of the generation...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    ORAS are Gen 6 games. They aren't Gen 7. New Generations are started with completely new journeys, new Pokemon and new characters. This is a remake that only features 1 of the three basic criteria.

They would have been advertised as the next Generation of Pokemon if otherwise. They aren't however. They are advertised as a new journey being relived.

Years
  • Hey! You can discuss mega Metagross' design/stats/ability/so on in our existing mega evolution discussion thread if you'd like but do know that there is no solid proof of this being generation 7. All the scan really mentions are mega Metagross which is used by Steven and the fact that there are somewhat "different" Pokemon in Hoenn than before, which could likely be a reference to ancient devolution or Hoopa and Volcanion (but we'll see). A new generation is a new journey with new starters so we are very much still in generation 6.

So I'm going to have to close this, sorry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back