• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Switch Forum Styles

Years
Hi,

Just noticed something on the User CP that's weird, just wanted to make sure this was noticed. A link goes to "switch the forum styles" and goes nowhere.

Here's the actual link: "http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=styles
And here's a link to screenie showing the "Switch Forum Style" location on the CP

I was trying to change the thread display options and I saw this. I wasn't looking for this and didn't need it because I've been using what's on the bottom of every page, and the forum style switcher is also on the same page as changing the thread display options. :>

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ah, outdated link. This style is quite old, and could do with some updating. However I'll look into fixing this some time today. Remember that you can also change your style by going to the bottom left of the forum page, from where there is a drop down menu that you can click. Thanks for the heads up!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I'm using Flames of Simplicity. Does it really make a difference as far as links go on the CP? That seems really strange.

Yeah, it can make a big difference. :p

If you have any more questions, I'll help you. I'm still learning this place myself.

Outlier

Hi I'm having the same problem but with the forum skin titled "Begin, Again"

The Gold/Silver games are my favourites so if I could get that skin working I'd be extremely happy.

Years
Hi I'm having the same problem but with the forum skin titled "Begin, Again"

The Gold/Silver games are my favourites so if I could get that skin working I'd be extremely happy.

That style appears to be a style only available to Supporters and staff, after checking for it in the drop-down list at the bottom of the page on my alternate account. If it's not in the drop down menu at the bottom of the page, it's a style that cannot be used.

Outlier

Oh that sucks. Why is something like a theme exclusive only to mods/supporters? Can't we all appreciate the art?

lol well in that case can I be a mod then?

Last edited:

Outlier

That style is currently disabled because the person who created it made a version for another Pokemon forum, and we prefer to have all of our styles exclusive to PC.

I don't wanna come off as a brat or make a huge fuss over this. But that seems like such a trivial reason to waste a well made theme. All the themes are well made don't get me wrong. But as a massive Gold fan I was really disappointed when I couldn't choose it. I doubt having a theme that's used on some other site will make PC any less unique. This place stands out regardless of what theme you use.

So could you pretty please with a cherry on top make an exception just this one?

W3xdVX.gif

And if you say no I swear I'll....I'll..... completely accept that and respectfully shut my mouth haha

Outlier

…ooookay. haha. I guess it doesn't really matter. :P

I reenabled it, it should work now.

MW7sO.gif

Thank you so much!

*edit* I hate to be a pain but it's still not working

Last edited:
Back