• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you discover new music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pretty much via word of mouth from friends, what I see on the iTunes Charts, or in the media. Lots of my music I hear first in tv shows and movies, then I rush home to download it all, haha.

My Pico

Can I taste your whip cream?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Anything catchy yo and if it pierces through my heart that's how I discover new music yo. (^o^)b

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I usually find new songs through Pandora radio. I jot down the title/artist and later look it up on Youtube. I'm quite backlogged in doing that, haha. I sometimes click on related songs after I'm done listening to a music video too.

Rarely, I will find a song I like while listening to the car radio. Now, I find it somewhat tough to jot down cool songs while riding in the car! I make a note on my phone and text away the lyrics I can decipher.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Either by accident, or by word of mouth. Usually by accident.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
usually just on youtube and I see a related video that appeals to me.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Sometimes youtube channels, mainly youtube poops themselves. if there is a music I like, then I usually ask what the song is, or look up the lyrics themselves.

gossamer

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I use websites like Last.fm and Deezer and also friends are great for music!. ^^

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I play new games and hear their soundtracks.
Of course, that actually happens during the course of playing new games; I don't search for music itself.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Usually my friends'll tell me to listen to an artist or song they like. For the most part it's good stuff, so I'll eventually end up downloading it.

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
So many ways but usually through Pandora or typing "Bands like *Bandnamehere*" which is how I found quite a few new bands I've been listening to this week.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I discover music a load of different ways, though the most prevalent is through other people's recommendations. For instance, on another forum, a member's username is Mogwai, and I was curious as to what it meant. He told me that it was the Scottish post-rock band. I tried it out (via Youtube, since internet radios suck and don't play post-rock music right o h m y g o d) and loved it, and was, from that point, a fan of post-rock music with the discovery of other bands in the same genre, etc.

I never discover new genres/artists via Youtube because when I use Youtube I end up watching specific video series' or listening to specific artists/watching specific videos. Honestly, I can't think of a time I've legitimately browsed the site for new things. I'm usually referred to things or I happen to stumble upon a genre/artist on a site or wiki.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I usually discover new music through the radio. If I don't know the name of the particular song i like, i write down a few lyrics and then google them. The song usually comes up in the first five or so results. Friends also give me new music to listen to, not to mention I browse Youtube for the latest hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back