• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Hmmm....I'm sort of looking for some sort of Medieval style RP, journey or otherwise. Mainly because I came up with a character I really like out of nowhere a while back, and I don't feel he'd fit in any other kind of universe nearly as well.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
I would really like to see a Megaman Battle Network, or a Magic: The Gathering RP. I tried to work up some ideas, but there was so much stuff to work with that it was hard to manage.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
What I'd like? Hmm, kinda like a Naruto-like Academy RP. As in you live with other teens, trains with them,etc... Mainly what I'd like to see.
Also dunno why but I'm not really attracted to Pokemon RP. I always end up behind at some point.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
Pokemon: home base

History: This story takes place in a region known as klimat where there are many Pokemon trainers who are as powerful and dedicated as the heroes in the main line of Pokemon games are to Pokemon battling. Because of this more Pokemon gyms have been opened than in any other region and more gyms are being opened all the time. 
You're one of the new gym leaders in the Klimat region and you are trying to make a name for yourself.
Your gym is fully customizable so you can make it as large or small as you would like, reasonably. How you run your gym is up to you. You can train viciously 8 hours a day to try to become as powerful as you can, or you can relax and trust in your Pokemon instincts only battling when you have a challenger. Or anything in between. 
The battles that you host can be as fiery or tepid as you would like them to be and you get to decide whether your challenger defeats you and earns the badge or loses and must train before attempting your gym challenge again when they're at a higher level. 
Every gym must have a different theme. It could be a specific type that you specialize in or it could be a Pokemon nature or even a stat based gym like "the attack gym" Just make sure it's fun to write and interesting to read. 
Eventually 4 exemplary gym leaders will be promoted to be members of an exclusive group of trainers known as the heavenly kings. These 4 leaders will act as the elite four of the klimate region. 

It's still rough. I don't have a map and I'm not sure how I'll develop challengers but this is the general outline.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ leetname H3115r3p3ntanc3, seems fun! I did a RP where we were gym leaders once. But you should come up with how the game should be played. Will the players just sit in their gyms all day or will there be chances and scenarios and a story where they can interact?

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
@ H3115r3p3ntanc3: I'd definitely be interested in that sort of RP. Although as Red said you should put a bit more details about the basic mechanics of the RP.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
What I'd like? Hmm, kinda like a Naruto-like Academy RP. As in you live with other teens, trains with them,etc... Mainly what I'd like to see.

Naruto RPs never seem to last long :( I think it's probably because of the urge to overpower characters, leaving those who are trying to be realistic left in the dust. It's very hard to balance a roleplay around a world where there are such extremes in power.

Whilst a Naruto academy RP might work... what would the missions be? Low level academy missions are mostly odd, pointless and very low work. Which kind of leads back to the imbalance, as an academy would have to have 'weak' enemies that were still hard to the characters ><.

Colony

Years
For an M:TG roleplay I would imagine that it would be based more around the concept of each magic instead of actual cards (some notable exceptions being spells like cancel and counterspell). Regarding actual plot, it could centralize on some non-canon arcs involving various planes, like explaining who wins the praetor war on New Phyrexia.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
To answer Perplexity's question: What is the one RP that you have been dying to see on here but nobody has filled your need for yet?

There was a roleplay, Litany; a Song of Worlds going around a year or two before. It had a non Pokemon fantasy theme, an imaginary world made especially for the RP with races, magic, all the stuff proper. I liked it but it wasn't successful. I'd join something well made like it, with no Pokemon in it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
What is the one RP that you have been dying to see on here but nobody has filled your need for yet?

Like Ray, I would really appreciate some original Roleplays. The problem lies in the time/organisation they involve and the commitment they need.

I'd love to support that kind of roleplay, perhaps developed by a team rather than one or two people ><. I'd even be open to letting them have a progress thread in the lounge for their planning/writing of background information and things.

So yeah, if you have ideas and a small team assembled then hit me up ;).

Years
On that note, I'm currently working on a couple of original role plays. I'm not sure which I will actually post yet.

Firstly, I am working on one which follows a government agency that is tasked with removing "the vampire menace". Of course, it isn't as straight forward as it sounds because in the lore of this RP vampires have infiltrated societies upper echelons using the wealth and experience they have amassed over centuries. The plot I have laid out is full of twists and turns, it isn't always going to be a simple "let's kill stuff" RP.

The other two are a prequel and sequel to my RP "Reapers: Keepers of the Balance" that I created earlier on in the year. As it has pretty much run out of steam now but I'm not done with that "universe" in even a small way.

Not anything like the fantasy RPs you guys have talked about but I figured now was a good time to bring this up. xD

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Yeah, I pretty much agree with what the Fox said.

I do have an idea for an original roleplay which has been picking up dust on my USB stick for some time now but I do seriously need more time and motivation if I wanted to pull it off, since I need to pick up the speed with rps I'm currently in aha. Also a roleplay created by a team sounds awesome actually, that's a good point too.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
So, about my RP, I already chose heretostay123 as GM alongside me. But I'd still like another GM since I tend to be randomly busy. If anyone is interested, please PM or VM me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
To answer Perplexity's question: What is the one RP that you have been dying to see on here but nobody has filled your need for yet?

There was a roleplay, Litany; a Song of Worlds going around a year or two before. It had a non Pokemon fantasy theme, an imaginary world made especially for the RP with races, magic, all the stuff proper. I liked it but it wasn't successful. I'd join something well made like it, with no Pokemon in it.

Like Ray, I would really appreciate some original Roleplays. The problem lies in the time/organisation they involve and the commitment they need.

I'd love to support that kind of roleplay, perhaps developed by a team rather than one or two people ><. I'd even be open to letting them have a progress thread in the lounge for their planning/writing of background information and things.

So yeah, if you have ideas and a small team assembled then hit me up ;).

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what the Fox said.

I do have an idea for an original roleplay which has been picking up dust on my USB stick for some time now but I do seriously need more time and motivation if I wanted to pull it off, since I need to pick up the speed with rps I'm currently in aha. Also a roleplay created by a team sounds awesome actually, that's a good point too.
Atlantis Awakening everyoneeeee *flails arms furiously*

To answer this question, I really want a solid journey RP that will last. The last few I've been in i've really invested a lot of excitement and time and when they just die I feel so disappointed. I know people have commitments but GMs make a commitment when they create a roleplay. like that journey rp that went for like three years. i want that. i want to be apart of a big roleplay. like atlantis since its been on and off for like literally two years.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
You know what needs to be done? A Dead Rising RP. Sandbox, with all of the players playing as "Survivors" in the Willamette Mall.

I may have gotten myself addicted to the game (way too late for the bandwagon) but it does have huuuuuge potential for an RP.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Well, I've been playing Icewind Dale recently, and an RP based on that could be pretty sweet -especially considering that the game uses a Dungeons and Dragons base. All the characters are pretty arbitrary. It's essentially a roleplay set-up. The story and such could be expanded and have increased depth in the RP setting, but could more-or-less follow the same lines. I guess Baldur's Gate would work, too, if there's more enthusiasm for that.

I'm not sure how it would work with implementing or scrapping the statistics and game rules, considering that the character I'd use would be a level 16/15 Fighter/Mage who wrecks everything early-game. Still, scrapping could work, maybe have it a bit off the rails.

Of course, it's all hypothetical, whether or not it'll come to reality. I noticed Lord Sephear wanting some kind of medieval RP, and this would fit. If anyone wants to pick it up and roll with GMing it, they're more than welcome and I'd sign up for it in a second.

Truthfully, I don't know about GMing. I'm fairly new to the RP scene, at least, that's how I see it, but I have zero GM experience. Zip. I'd almost definitely commit if I did do it, but... I don't know. Still, got to start somewhere, right? :P

Anyway, I'm not too comfortable with responsibility, and I frankly consider myself a bit of an apathetic git, so... eh. I guess I've been pretty active in the RPs I've been in, but I don't know how much that'll really count for organising and moderating things. Anyhow, just putting the general thought out there.

And yeah, haven't posted here before. Hi, guys ^^

Colony

Years
@Heretostay: I wouldn't really say it would be based on the guilds in Ravnica, more like the Planeswalkers in general, but yes it would be less about the card game and more about the lore.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Since we're talking about non-Pokémon related roleplays I've had one idea in the works for a little while. It's not finished yet but I'm making steady progress on it by the day and I've grown rather fond of the setting. If I'm never going to get back to work on Pokémon UNCHAINED then I might as well put my efforts into this, might'n I?

It's going to be post-apocalyptic, riddled with tinges of magic, machinery and some anime influences too. Hopefully it grabs a little interest from the fine folks of PokéCommunity.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back