• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Pikachu ever evolve into Raichu?

Will Pikachu evolve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
Years
  • I think that would ruin the magic of Ash and Pikachu, probably the most vital part (for me, anyway) of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • No, Team Rocket stole Satoshi's Thunder Stone earlier in Diamond and Pearl. Pikachu already had the option to evolve twice and rejected to evolve so it's safe to assume that Pikachu won't evolve. Ever.

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
  • I doubt it.
    Pikachu pretty much represents pokemon,and everyone knows pikachu.
    It would be kinda bad/akward if he were to evolve.

R@GE

[eXs] R@GE
    Years
  • Nope Pikachu will never evolve. as someone said above he already rejected the opportunity to evolve twice...

Pikachu is the best but he shouldve been super strong as he has been through alot with ash :\

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • Personally no i don't think it will evolve. It is like the most important thing in the anime in my opinion. There is no way they will let it evolve. And if its a Raichu it would be hard to walk around with out in the open in my opinion :/ It won't be able to climb on his shoulders or do any of the old things. So no, it will not evolve, of course there are more reasons but this is all i'm stating.

Sheogorath

All hail the Madgod!
    Years
  • While Riachu in my opinion is better than Pikachu, you can guarantee that Pikachu will never evolve. I mean, the anime went through four generations! You'd think that if he was supposed to evolve he would have done so by now. But if Pikachu ever did evolve, it would probably be the end of the series.

Years
  • Yeah. It's been more than 10 year since the show started and Pikachu still hasn't evolved. You guys are right. He won't evolve. :D

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • Ash has gone through like, what, 32 gym leaders now? If he hasn't evolved him then, I don't think he ever will any time soon xD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • No, it's not even a possibility. Pikachu would not evolved. This is proven in one episode when Pikachu refused the Thunder Stone that Ash was holding.

Also, Pikachu is the mascot of Pokémon, not it's later evolution, Raichu. It's too late to change it now. Besides, Pikachu would probably lose the insane speed in exchange for the power that Pikachu already has.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Then Raichu becomes the mascot! lol

Even though I don't watch the anime, Pikachu has been through almost 600 episodes (according to Serebii) and still hasn't evolved, so I doubt it will.

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
  • No, Team Rocket stole Satoshi's Thunder Stone earlier in Diamond and Pearl. Pikachu already had the option to evolve twice and rejected to evolve so it's safe to assume that Pikachu won't evolve. Ever.

You know what they say, third time's a charm~!

I only think Pikachu will evolve when the Pokemon series is coming to an end or he gets replaced by a different main character... which may be never XD Therefore my answer, no.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    No. Never. It's unfortunate, I know, but that yellow rat is never going to leave. Hob knockers, all of 'em. >.>​

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Sadly, no.

It isn't a matter of power, it's a matter of personal choice. For whatever reason, PIkachu simply refuses to evolve. However, if it were forced into a situation where it had to...like, say , Satoshi's life was in danger and PIkachu isn't strong enough to save him as-is...

Not like it matters. Even if it evolved, it'd still be irritatingly cheery and upbeat. It's Chu's like that that give the rest of us a bad name...

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • pikachu will never evolve hes had plenty of chances to do it but hasnt yet

Years
  • Lol, so many threads about this. xD
    No, Pikachu will probably never be evolved, that's pretty much the whole point. ^^;

Back