• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post in here if you're a Proud Nerd!!!

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
  • Nerd is derogatory, where I come from.

"Geek" is a status symbol. I guess I'm a geek - a girl geek! I'm a computer technician, I play a ton of video games...and, you know, the stereotypes.

But I don't set out particularly to put that label on myself. I really just try to be me =|

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm a nerd in the sense that I'm academically intelligent yet socially stupid. This extends to me being a nerd in the sense that I spend more time in front of a computer than I do engaged in actual social interaction.

I'm not a nerd in the sense that I'm not particularly tech-savvy, nor am I big on reading books or into such entertainment franchises as Star Trek, Harry Potter, Dungeons & Dragons, or that majority of non-manga Graphic novels.

I'd call myself more or less an all-around loser.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I may not be a nerd, but I'm also not popular. Although, that's probably cause the "cool group" at school were... well, they weren't very nice people.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I am not a nerd
    i think im more of a dork myself

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
    A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
    A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

Years
  • I'm a nerd in the sense that I'm academically intelligent yet socially stupid.

Win post.

I'm almost the same, but I'm just as social IRL then on the net.
    And no, just because I'm Physically Athletic DOES NOT,BY ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, mean I can't be a nerd.
    Oh yeah, and I'm pretty freaking smart.(Super Nerd/Geek)
    But when it comes to certain video games, I'ma SUPER nerd when it's needed. :)
    I can be an Angry Video Game Nerd when needed, and my girlfriend hated me for it.....until I turned her into a gamer.
    XD

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • When I was 6 I loved Pokemon, 9 years later I somehow like it even more then I did back then.

Here some things that i think makes me a 15 year old nerd

• Likes Pokemon
    • Likes Digimon(don't know if this counts)
    • Dragonball Z(not sure about this one either)
    • Hates Halo(Damn proud about this)
    • Plays Blizzard games
    • Final Fantasy Ftw
    • Comic books, I still read Spiderman
    • Anime
    • Manga(these last 2 makes me more of an otaku w/e those are meant to be)
    • Star Wars, I suggested that we should watch 'The Phantom Menace' for our Film Study
    • I still play the Megaman Games
    • Breath of Fire
    • I've finished FF7, I'm not one of those guys who like it just because they've played up to the Gold Saucer, that's right I know Cloud was an emo kid
    • Transformers, I don't mean your anime transformers I mean the one from the 80s with over 10000 different transformers
    • I still have a Sega console
    • I get full marks in tests without ever studying once
    • I know who you're talking about when you mention Garland
    • I'm 15 and I'm more into video games than girls
    • Go S-G1

Years
  • i am a nerd.. and i show it lol..

can't help it.. i have every new gadget there is on the market, touch phone, new laptop (getting a hp tx2z soon, touch screen laptop) i hang around with people everyone else feels weird about.. it's a pretty mixed group, girls, guys, gays, and other nerds.. but meh.. i don't let it get to me.. other people are just jealous because i am a) smarter than them and b) got more/better stuff than them (ie, huge brand new house, 8 computers in my house, 2 of them mine)

hehe.. and i know everything there is to know about a computer.. and every other bit of technology.. lol

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I hate to see dresses and long hair. I hate Anime and manga.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I've been called a nerd by many, and cool by many.

I'd say I'm a nerd, but to what extent I don't know. :/

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Not only am I a nerd (unconfirmed), but I'm also a martial arts expert, arms dealer, government hustler, pirate, and delicious trap (I didn't come up with that last one).

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I'm...not much of a nerd? Whatever...I still love nerds and if your a nerd, your ma hommie. CAUSE NERDS ARE BADASS AND COOL. CAUSE I SAID SOO.

Luckly for me...I don't really remember the stuff I liked as a kid very much. :/ As for my LOVE for POKEMON....it goes DEEP (dispite starting when i was around...12-13....lol kinda...). Only now is it starting to not be just mostly in my dream-self state...lol

Well, as a little kid...violent video games didnt scare me. :/ I kinda thought they were...pretty. Uhhh...does THAT count as 'nerdy'? o.o;

Also, I believe I liked the origional, live action TMNT...when I was about 5-7 years old. Also, I played sports like basketball and stuff outside a lot as a kid, but i'm not soo sure if 'tomboyish' trats IN GENERAL count as 'nerdy' for a girl...sooo...*shrugs* But I was always outside. In NATURE...and I liked bugs and collecting rocks when I was 9. They say that NATURE was reserved for MEN.....at the same time, I adored flowers....as long as they didn't have 5 petals. Rose, Dandilions, Sunflowers, Tiger Lilies, and, maybe Daisys...were all my favorites =) ^^

I also liked Digimon, Spider Man, DINOSAURS!, Monster Rancher, and, MetaBots when I was ABOUT (coulda been younger) 9....which may or may not be conciderably 'too late' to start being a tomboy. hmmm...

But I also disliked butterflies, stars, and, '5 petaled flowers' (About age 7?...i think). I OBSESSED over 'The Magic Schoolbus' (AND Arther, too...lol)....and I kinda liked my brother's hotwheels and legos a little better than my barbies (but tended to deney it), and, owned like, NO STUFFED ANIMALS (0_o; ). Yes...it sound's almost like I didn't even like/have 'cute' things as a kid. But...I DID....and my love for baby shows was the proof (and, thus, i started to PREFER 'cute' over 'pretty' starting from around age 8...with The Big Garage. but that love still...kinda embaressed me, soo, to this day, I have a hard time liking 'cute' things and 'pretty' things at the EXACT SAME TIME....thus, may be a huge reason as to why i'm not yet a total 'preppy' and have some sexuality issues.....and yet, I loove fairies, which are both cute AND pretty, but...in good ways.....lol i wonder if i'll ever fully accept my 'girly' trats or not...or just abandon them all together in the end. it's hard to say....but like it even matter's?).

I wasn't much into rainbows or lisa frank...but as i started preferencing 'cute' things over 'pretty' things, that started to...change dramaticly. Nowdays, i'd probably consider Lisa Frank....well you don't want to know. n.n;

And I was scared to play 'baby games' on the computer as a kid, too...I concidered it retarded to play a game i was pased the age level for 0_o; but, once...i swear...I almost played our old Hello Kitty game. She was always special to me as a kid, whether i'd admit it or not....*tear's up a little*

You should see ALL the stuffed animals/'cute' toys i have now....and i even try to play with them sometimes, e-heheheheh... ._.;

However...I LOVED My Little Ponies as a kid. And, somehow, they didn't turn me off my barbies. but maybe they turned me off other things...idk i only owned like 2 of them lol and a BUNCH of...baby dolls....lol which i started getting into around 9.

Also, my favorite animals were cats (like that matters?)....till I was about 15. Yea...

And my favorite color was pink. And, to be honist, I think pink is a little 'sexy' at times now, oddly enouth....

If I knew Kirby as a kid...I woulda had big time hots for him. *shooted*

And I ALWAYS watched my brother play his video games...they almost fasanated me more than 'girls' things did....maybe even did. But then The Powerpuff Girls came by annnd.....lol

I also LOVED to read as a kid...i'd read anything (espesally educational books or fairy tales/nursary rhymes...when i was in the mood). Nowdays, I practicly LIVE in the net...but, I also remember some rather...girl-ish things about me as a kid (okay...this may have already been posted).....

I always had to wear a dress. Pants were icky. I didn't like to wear skirts, oddly, and, wore shorts instead over the summer. It was odd...

I WAS, however, a little afraid to play video games till i was like, 9, though. :X lol...

I loved dress-up, and, fabric...but, fasion and clothes shopping ALWAYS bored me. D: And, horrified me, in fact...when I was 13 (ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES...)

I lived in the contrey till I was about 4 or 5, but we had no animals.

The 'rough' play of boys kinda...fasanted me a little. I guess i looked up to them...

Most of my childhood buddies were boys. And all the girls were TOMBOYS...pretty much.

I never seriusly drew myself as a Princess or imagioned BEING one. Or often drew Princesses in genneral. I loved Disney and their Princesses, however...but the age i fangirled at, i'll never tell you. I also liked 'The Adventures in Wonderland'....

I started wearing makeup when I was about 12. This one little girl I know irl, is like, 5...and already wear's play makeup AND has her ears perced. I never bothered with mine..lol the pain would frighten me anyways and I think stick-on earings are much cuter, really..D: Soo yeah.

I toke French as a kid...never really interested me that much, but it was fun. I did some ballet a home...but lost intrest quickly.

Some of the BEST moments in my WHOLE childhood...were of Role Plaiying POKEMON.

I liked The Power Rangers...the Pink one was my favorite, naturally.

Blossom was my favorite Powerpuff Girl...later on, it was Bubbles. Never cared for Buttercup that much, though...

ALWAYS loved Sanrio, and, heck, I STILL DO!

No longer into Barbie or Disney anymore...and celebrities/popstars ALWAYS bored me.

I rarely ever wear skirts irl. And I never wear dresses. But I like the color pink (but not as much as I like yellow..lol).

I was never much into Shojo manga through my teen years....I actually kinda was fasanted by Shounen like Naruto and DEATH NOTE :O

I liked cutting up fasion magazines as a kid and making toys with them. I also liked going to the beach and NEON colors. And scary legends were fun to read. Soo was being scared in genneral. And the idea of camping always fasanated me, but I never got to go...lol

I wanted to be 'perfect' in my mother's eyes...i guess i dun really remember.

More to come! Maybe....idk.....

And, duuude...I don't even KNOW what Halo is, but, why h-word it? Just use 'dislike'...that other word is too strong.....sheesh ._.; (what the heck IS halo, anyways? 0_o; a jock-only game or something?? Sheesh.....)

Overall...I admit, I kinda idolize/look up to nerds, and, admire the idea of being smart like you people....but, I don't like stereo typing. Who say's I NEED to be a 'nerd' to be an awesome Pokemon fan or smart person, anyways?

PS: I better end this post now...but yea~..lol

......Was I just writing my whole life story down? o_o;

I dunno...if I sounded more like a 'normal girl' or a psyco-pathic maniac. o_o;; I loved FIRE and pastel-colored rainbows a lot as a kid, too...and Sailor Moon.....

Somehow, I still adore Pokemon. AND cute things. And I...refuse to change. But my favorite animals now are dogs OKAY.

I don't plan on evolving my Pokemon Team in HG/SS....but i'll make up for that using my DS ACTION REPLAY SKILLS >DDD Because...cheating is your friends lol^^

~Posted by...whoever posted this looong and annoying entery xP

Think what you want---I'm still a nerd, whether you like it or not! Who cares if i'm not really into video games much or Shounen anime anymore...lol And, perfection is cheep...I guess.

I was also fasionated by guns, whips, dreams, and, Yo Mama. Ehh...without the Yo Mama part

I always kinda liked nightmares as a kid, to be honist...lol

I also think that hell sound's like a cool place for me to go when I die, and, chalanges fasanate me, too...kinda I guess lol whatever....

Why does a childhood even matter? A nerd is a nerd, no matter WHAT and stereo types are stupid. Just ignore my long, boring...whateever.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    After seeing the grammar of the first post I am apparently for the first time in my life ashamed of being a nerd...

... Meh, only lasted a few seconds. Having Math 3 years ahead, English a year ahead and having knowledge of programming languages count as a being a nerd right?

However, I have a few contrasts to the nerd stereotypes. For example: I am flirty, I play many instruments, I am SOMETIMES looked up to.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Well, one of my friends calls me a Pokenerd, I could care less about fashion and celebrities and I'm not very social in real life...and I posted in this thread, so yeah, I occasionaly call myself a nerd. :D

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I ish retarded for a nerd so I can't be... proud.

Back