• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Series (GBA toolbox)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
These three programs are really great and usefull. I had a short test with them it dosn't look like they got any bugs in them nor does anything to the game from what i checked. The only problem with them is the unown's slots down the bottom the name's are glitched. You should see if you could fix those, if not, it's not much of a problem, but they could be if you use those for fake pokemon. A question did you get those unown's for the empty free 25 pokemon spot's, I'm just curous.

The 27 Unown slots, as well as the Egg slot, aren't actually available for Pokémon. They just store the sprites of the Egg and Unowns. The glitchy names are because at the Pokémon name list only goes up to 411; past that is the move data. That's why you see bits of attack names as the names for the Unown forms.
So no, you can't use those slots for new Pokémon; they're already used for the Egg and Unown sprites. If you try editing anything but the sprites/icons, you could crash the ROM (since they don't have their own data). I need to add a note saying that to the instructions of ASPE :P

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
hey Wichu,

theres tools are nice, they'll help me alot, thanks man! :3
and do you think that you'll release an OW editor?'

thx.

justinufer

Learner
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Well put them in the instructions and that's if and one's goin read it, not many do, but i Do. :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Pretty good, this helped me to create many shiny versions
of custom pokemon i created.

May i give a suggestion?

It should be a great help if you have time, mood and want to,
make a pokemon cry changer.
A tool that can import/export custom pokemon cries.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Pretty good, this helped me to create many shiny versions
of custom pokemon i created.

May i give a suggestion?

It should be a great help if you have time, mood and want to,
make a pokemon cry changer.
A tool that can import/export custom pokemon cries.

If you do this for Fire Red English version I will name my first born son if I have one after you. (So I'll need your real name... XD)

As I said in the RHXP thread, I was going to remake all the features of RHXP into actual tools.

No wonder these were familiar! :D Sorry, random moment. :3

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
wow the tools are awesome,great job wichu!
edit:I've tested it and I have a bug I've tried to replace snorlexe's sprite with his pokemon platinum sprite and have got this result:
2q3umfm.png

Last edited:

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
ZOMG THESE ARE AWSOME!
This should help people (like me) who like making games with new pokemon.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
wow the tools are awesome,great job wichu!
edit:I've tested it and I have a bug I've tried to replace snorlexe's sprite with his pokemon platinum sprite and have got this result:
2q3umfm.png

Too big maybe? Trying shrinking it to 80% original size, see if that helps...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Nah, it's nothing to do with the size (well, it shouldn't be...)
I uploaded a new version just now, in which I fixed a possible bug in the sprite editor. Try using that to replace the sprite. If that doesn't work, then take a screenshot of the editor when you're on the Snorlax sprite, and I'll see if I can figure out what went wrong.

I would try to make a cry editor, but I have no idea on how cries are stored in the ROM. I found a document which might help, but I haven't looked into it yet.

Years
I've been using these tools for so long included ROM hacker XP... MY GOD THEY ARE SO USEFUL! XD
Hmm... is it possible you could make a .ini for Emerald?
Other then that, awesome sauce.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I found the bug causing onyx79's problem. It's in the 'Save all changes' function of the sprite editor. So whatever you do, don't use it unless you want to screw up your ROM :P

I'll have it fixed in the next release, which should be some time this week.

Larsie13

When you open Emerald, and use the up- and down-buttons to switch to the second frame, it gives an "Index is outside of matrix boundaries"-error. When you type in the frame number, and press Enter, the error doesn't appear. This happens both in the main window, as in the Edit Sprite window. Same error appears when you press "Synchronise palettes".
Though in both cases, the thing you're trying to do does happen. It does switch to the second frame, and it does synchronise the palettes, but it gives the error. :\
Frankly, though the error is harmless, it's very annoying to get it all the time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, I just fixed that. I'm uploading the new version, with multiple bugfixes, now ;)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Now that's just ironic, because I just clicked the 'Save all changes' and then you post this. O.o
It's a good thing I kept a backup :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
I don't know if this is to much to ask, but, can anyone make a Fire Red JAP ini?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
[convenience request alert xD]
Think you could implement pokemon name writing in Your apps?
Since you already can read them, surely you could write them.
None of the other pokemon editors have pictures of the pokemon (atleast none of them that support name changing...)
so i thought it would be nice if you could, just so were not switching between YAPE/PEP and one of your apps when we rename pokemon.
As i said, it should be fairly simple for you...seeing as you've been able to do all that work using pallettes... O_O

Back