• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
I am going to do the RNG thing again and try to hatch a Shiny Lileep. If anyone tries it and finds it difficult, you can ask me questions and I will try to answer.

Years
You both should have taken that to VM...

And are you even a member of the Club, Rey?

And I'll be the first to welcome you, FinalPaladin. Just please don't keep posting after every other post. I used to do the same thing. ;D

I'm getting some money for more Max Repels/PokéBalls to chain again. I keep getting my chains broken, and it's very frustrating. But I have the Amulet Coin on my shiny Rayquaza, and I am also facing the two oldies next to the Mansion, for lots of cash. xD

My Hypno is now Level 50... Ugh... I think I'll go to One Island now, unless I wanna go for more Diglett. I have at least 5,000 tota encounters for it, so I'll stash those away for my hunt for it, if I feel like it. Or I may hunt it now. :P

Good luck to all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
You both should have taken that to VM...

And are you even a member of the Club, Rey?

And I'll be the first to welcome you, FinalPaladin. Just please don't keep posting after every other post. I used to do the same thing. ;D

I'm getting some money for more Max Repels/PokéBalls to chain again. I keep getting my chains broken, and it's very frustrating. But I have the Amulet Coin on my shiny Rayquaza, and I am also facing the two oldies next to the Mansion, for lots of cash. xD

My Hypno is now Level 50... Ugh... I think I'll go to One Island now, unless I wanna go for more Diglett. I have at least 5,000 tota encounters for it, so I'll stash those away for my hunt for it, if I feel like it. Or I may hunt it now. :P

Good luck to all.

What's so bad about talking about shiny hunting methods here? Also, I have to join sometime. Might as well now. So yes I am.

Anyways..

I have been trying to hatch a shiny lileep but I keep getting bad Pokemon. The delay is always over 1000 and it has to be near 600. I also traded away the Gyarados and Bulbasaur I was talking about earlier.

Edit: Some people need to update the first couple posts.

Last edited:
Years
Then, I must welcome you. Unofficially, until MetalMario or Lady Demoonica Darkmoon accepts you.

If you would check, those first few posts were made from people who are either inactive or who have left.

I'm chaining Abra now... I hope it doesn't Teleport when it shines. x3

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Err, wow, what a way to hijack the thread o_o

First of all, based upon recent discoveries and/or rule changes, planned Emerald and Platinum PRNG shinies do NOT count here. MetalMario said this himself.

Second of all,

Method Two~
Tested and works! Platinum Only!

Breed two different country Pokemon. One has to be from your game.

Example: Breed a JPN Ditto with your (english/dutch/french...) Torchic.

Chance: 1/2048

"Platinum Only" is BS.

Junichi Masuda posted this on his blog in 2007, before there was even mention of Platinum.

It works on Diamond & Pearl too. Myself and Storm_Dragoon just proved this I believe...

While I do believe you'll be admitted, Rey, I have to agree with IHC, that was sort of uncool. =\
It's not about talking shinies, it's about being a member.

Nevertheless...

I'm working on my next hot egg target. Contrary to what I just said, I myself am still not fully convinced of Junichi Masuda's method. After the egg chain fiasco, I feel like I need a lot of proof.

A lot. =/

So I'm putting my other targets on hold til I hatch another shiny. I've hatched all day again today but it just hasn't felt right since it's been raining.
I think I'll have to go a lot farther than before in order to snatch this one away.

I'm getting used to this. :P

Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Years
Have fun, DDD. I wish I had foreigners to be my breeding slaves.
For now, I'm using the Run-Away Zapdos Method... Where you encounter, run away, run out and in of the Power Plant on the Left, and Zapdos LIVES ON! xD
It gets you an extra encounter/reset per 2 minutes, so that can add up after long lengths of time.

Good luck, to all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
Err, wow, what a way to hijack the thread o_o

First of all, based upon recent discoveries and/or rule changes, planned Emerald and Platinum PRNG shinies do NOT count here. MetalMario said this himself.

Second of all,

"Platinum Only" is BS.

Junichi Masuda posted this on his blog in 2007, before there was even mention of Platinum.

It works on Diamond & Pearl too. Myself and Storm_Dragoon just proved this I believe...

No need to be rude. I was only repeating what the only sources I could find said. So, we cant talk about shiny hunting methods here? And how was I supposed to know RNG shinnies don't count? I am not going to read the entire thread to make sure. I am going to read the first post only. Also, wouldn't chained shinnies be planned? I want some one to explain the differences between planning a shiny through RNG and through chaining. But okay, I wont talk about RNG shinnies anymore.

Sorry, I don't think you meant to come off as rude. I just take things that way sometimes. I don't mean those questions rudely either, I just want some clarification as you have been here awile, which I assume. Thanks for telling me.

Last edited:
Years
PokéRadar doesn't spit out shinies at specific intervals, but randomly. It isn't 100% set in stone. You can get a shiny patch at a chain of 1, or get it after a whole day of radar resetting at 40.

Anyways, I uploaded the video on how to use the runaway glitch for Zapdos. Thanks to TwilightBlade for telling me about it. :P

It can fit in an extra 0.5 Resets/Encounters per minute, and that can lead up to a lot over a long-term hunt.

I'll edit with the video link in about 20 minutes, for whoever is interested in the slightest.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
Okay, you don't control when it comes up unless you reach 40+ and want a shiny. Or if you're lucky you get it early. It's s...

Anyways, I have been SRing for a shiny Rayquaza in Emerald for 4 months. :/

I'd watch it IHC.

Years
Welcome to the club, Rey. Please be aware that only one of your RNG-exploit shinies may be counted for credit here, under the cert shinies rule. (Not that it matters... It's been so long since either the ShinyDex or SHC cards have been updated. =P) Still, exploiting a loophole to make something easy to get whose whole point is being stupidly rare is frowned upon. I hacked a shiny Sableye (for the lulz) and a shiny Manaphy (to prove the method to SR one), but I don't consider either of them real.

Oh, and Rotom pics: Wild Rotom Appeared! | Shiny Dex | Nickname screen | Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3

Spent my free time today hatching Skorupi, but nothing yet. I dunno why everyone's getting theirs in ~50 tries when the odds are still 1/2048. =/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
Stop hunting on Emerald, you already know about the RNG. D:<

Oh, and Clicky

I'm not sure what else it works for. Ask Lady Twilight.

The RNG trick only works if you have found a shiny before on that file. I haven't. And if I was doing the RNG trick I would have already gotten it. I wouldn't waste 4 months SRing. Psh, I wish I could do the RNG way. Nice video by the way.

I think I might hunt for a Shiny Palkia. Not sure.

Edit:

Just noticed you posted MM. Thanks for the welcome. I have a question though. The breeding of two different country parents, does that count as legit shinnies? Or no?

Edit:

Nevermind, didn't read your entire post. Congrats and good luck!

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
hi guys.

Rotom looks great MM, Congrats.

I'm still a little confused about the RNG, I think there's a probability that in diamond and pearl some games may have the RNG broken, can someone verify this?
By the way, has someone caught a shiny mesprit before?

Well, I'm SRing between two of my targets and going strong.

In other news, have you noticed about the key that lets you go to the room where you can change rotom forms in platinum? Sounds cool that the event can be downloaded with wi-fi, but, Is it only for the USA?

Congratulations to any new shinies.
See you later guys and good look everyone hunting.

Years
Rey: Yes, the foreign parent breeding method ("Masuda Breeding") is legitimate, since it was put there by the developers on purpose, and provides only a reasonable boost to the odds.

Chr.Draco: The RNG is only "broken" in Emerald, per se. That is, Emerald's the only game where you can get 100% screwed out of SR shinies by the RNG, and, by the same token, have easy access to SR shinies if your save file is lucky.

On Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, the RNG isn't broken, but it can be predicted and manipulated, which is what's leading to these exploitative shinies.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
No need to be rude. I was only repeating what the only sources I could find said. So, we cant talk about shiny hunting methods here? And how was I supposed to know RNG shinnies don't count? I am not going to read the entire thread to make sure. I am going to read the first post only. Also, wouldn't chained shinnies be planned? I want some one to explain the differences between planning a shiny through RNG and through chaining. But okay, I wont talk about RNG shinnies anymore.

Sorry, I don't think you meant to come off as rude. I just take things that way sometimes. I don't mean those questions rudely either, I just want some clarification as you have been here awile, which I assume. Thanks for telling me.

Well, I was just stating the facts. Sorry if it seemed like I snubbed you, it's just that I've been working on the Masuda method ever since MM brought it back up, and ever since then people have been confused about it so I try to iron out what's wrong.

You could have at least read the last couple of pages to catch up on things momentarily.. :P

Welcome to the club, Rey. Please be aware that only one of your RNG-exploit shinies may be counted for credit here, under the cert shinies rule. (Not that it matters... It's been so long since either the ShinyDex or SHC cards have been updated. =P) Still, exploiting a loophole to make something easy to get whose whole point is being stupidly rare is frowned upon. I hacked a shiny Sableye (for the lulz) and a shiny Manaphy (to prove the method to SR one), but I don't consider either of them real.

Oh, and Rotom pics: Wild Rotom Appeared! | Shiny Dex | Nickname screen | Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3

Spent my free time today hatching Skorupi, but nothing yet. I dunno why everyone's getting theirs in ~50 tries when the odds are still 1/2048. =/

Really? Who are they (besides S_D) since I got my Eevee on the 171st egg and my current target is around 90 hatched so my personal record isn't as stellar. :P (At least not while using this Masuda method... Maybe I have better luck with the original odds? I kid, I kid)

Oh, yeah, I want to make sure, you're using one foreign and one English, right? I can't remember if I asked this or not... I've had like 600+ messages in one week... so things sometimes slip my mind.

[...]

In other news, have you noticed about the key that lets you go to the room where you can change rotom forms in platinum? Sounds cool that the event can be downloaded with wi-fi, but, Is it only for the USA?

Congratulations to any new shinies.
See you later guys and good look everyone hunting.

I think it may be only for English Platinums. It's also supposed to be going on in Canada.

So if you have an English Platinum you might be able to snag one off the Wifi line. :)

The one drawback to breeding with foreign Pokemon is that you can't transfer natures.
Doesn't matter which is foreign - I put a certain Japanese Pokemon in with an English Ditto with Everstone and after about 20 eggs I only had 1 that was the right nature.

So I just scrapped both parents, swapped my Smeargle in and a female version of that Japanese Pokemon.

Good luck everyone, I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

Back