• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exclusivity

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Now, when I say 'exclusivity', I'm referring to some video games that weren't released 'overseas', as it were. For example, most of the Tales series weren't released outside Japan, so, the only way to get your hands on some copies was to buy them from a Japanese online gaming store, or the like. I'm sort of disappointed that it had to come to certain games like Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 that weren't released outside of Japan, but, that's the way it goes, I guess.

So, what were some of the games that you remember, or know so far, that weren't released outside of Japan? Would you love to see those games released overseas to your country someday, or do you not mind so much now?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Most of the Kingdom Heart remixes. Like, KH 1 Remix and 2 Remix. It had so much more to the games. I especially wanted to battle Xemnas in KH Remix, after you beat Malificent, the same room where you battle the dragon form in Hallow Bastion. If I can beat Sephy, I can beat this chump!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I remember something I wanted to play being exclusive to North America...
    Anyway, Monster Hunter Frontier, or that newer game Monster Hunter Online which runs on the Cry engine of all things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, plenty! One of them was Megaman Battle Network 4.5: Real Operation. It was released in Japan only, and not in other countries. Capcom was planning to release it North America, but ended up changing their mind at the last minute. I did play an English patch of this game couple of years ago, but it would've been awesome if I owned a physical copy. The game was not a part of the main storyline, but it was still fun to play. There were tons of things to do in the game, from unlocking new NetNavis, collecting battle chips, to participating in tournaments. If you had a link cable, then you were able to connect with your friends and battle against them in a match, too, which was even more fun!

I was also looking forward to Megaman: Phantom of Network, which was a game for mobile phones never released outside of Japan. d: If I do manage to get my hands on it at some point in the future, somehow, then I will definitely play it.

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    Another Century's Episode R
    Final Fantasy Type-0

Not many games released in only Japan have had me wishing we'd get them over here, but that's two of them I definitely want to see released in NA.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Any gundam game. they rarely see localisation same goes for digimon games and the good ones FFS. Monster Hunters, Dragon Quest 10 etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I believe that the newest Monster Hunter game hasn't been released out of Japan yet. I'm not a big fan, but I know some that are and it must be dreadful. I want the new Inazuma game but it hasn't been released out of Japan either. Besides that, I can't think of any more except for like Mother 3 which was a Japan exclusive that I never got to play.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm still bummed out that Ace Attorney Investigations 2 was never released in English. Hopefully we'll see all of the future AA games available thanks to Nintendo's digital eShop. AA5 was just released and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney has a planned release date too, so that's nice. The EarthBound series has some pretty horrible localization as well, but I hear the fan translations are really good regardless.

Back