• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Movie rights and distribution be handed back to Kids WB?

Should Movie rights and distribution be handed back to Kids WB?

• YES! LIMITED RELEASE IS THE WORST THING TO OCCUR (AND ESPECIALLY DVD-ONLY RELEASE!)

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No, Keep it to Miramax. They did a better job at their distributions and editing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
Years
  • I definatly voted yes mostly cos of the late DVD releases more than anything, I mean the 4th movie only JUST came out over here in the UK like in Late October and I really fear that the next two movies will take just as long to come out. I can see Pok?mon Heroes coming out sometime late this year, I really can....
    Plus I do miss seeing the movies in the cinema...

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, Kids' WB! should take it over again; after all, Pokemon is distributed by Warner Brothers and shown on their station. Plus, Miramax isn't very fair by showing the movie in limited areas as was already said, and it shouldn't just go to DVD/VHS. Personally, Warner Brothers does a better job in general.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • yeah definantly WB should do them again. i didn't even know about the 4th or 5th movies until they were coming out on DVD/VHS. miramax did such a bad job with them, like they wanted to kill pok?mon or something. i don't even think the movies came anywhere near CT when they were in the theaters. and now they are just sending the 6th movie straight to DVD/VHS. it's not the same as seeing it on the big screen. *sigh*

Years
  • Yes of course! KidsWB! so much bettter than Miramax! I hate Miramax! ger!! they had limitied releases, and only DVD/VHS thingies (what have they done with the 6 movie! ;_; ) GER I want KidsWB! to get it back! I should start a pettition!

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Sapphire said:
    Yes of course! KidsWB! so much bettter than Miramax! I hate Miramax! ger!! they had limitied releases, and only DVD/VHS thingies (what have they done with the 6 movie! ;_; ) GER I want KidsWB! to get it back! I should start a pettition!

I agree!!! I think that Kids WB should get back the rights for Pokemon Movies. Look at how the first three movies came out. They were on the big screen then on DVD and VHS. Also i do not like the limited release thing. Pokemon movies should go back with Kids WB!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2004
    Honestly, it doesn't matter. If Kids WB! got the rights back they'd probably end up doing the same thing. Movie three didn't make a whole lot in the theatres. It still makes money on DVD and VHS release, but that's because all the people who are "too cool" for Pokemon would never go to the theatre to see it, I'm not "too cool" for pokemon, but I wouldn't go see it in the theatre.
    Be lucky that they're even releasing them still and you get to see them. Yeah they could release them on time, but don't hold your breath for big screen showings again except in limited areas.

Back