• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EAT ME. OH YES ~Culinary Club!

droomph

weeb
Years
Note: CSS version is coming. I need to learn it~ sigh
010.JPG

This food image will change (almost) every time we have a new recipe, so participate and your lovely recipe might be here!!

Today's food: Kurui's Almond Bark Easy Normal Tiger Butter

The Culinary Club!

Do you live in a dorm? Are you alone in your house for the rest of eternity? Are you a stay-at-home mother who happens to like Pokémon? Well, here is your place!​

Here in the Culinary Club, we swap recipes, and rate them for each other! And if one of them is especially yummilicious, it will be featured here on the front page! Wouldn't you like that? Spreading joy to all the tummies of PC, and the world!

Name: droomph
Culinary Skill: I love to eat.... I can make some soup and microwave stuff, but that's it.
Love for cooking: Yes food shove it all into my pie-hole. I will make it if I have to.

Rules:

• Global PokéCommunity Rules apply.
  • Respect the members!
  • On a similar note, if a recipe fails, only constructive criticism!
  • Please keep on topic. There are exceptions but you'll know when.
  • Don't take your culinary skills too seriously! Of course, try to use it, but if something fails don't bash your head over it! Just try harder next time!
  • Also answer the question "What is the secret ingredient in baking?" in your first post to show that you've read the rules. It doesn't have to be right so don't be worried about wrong answers!
Members:
- droomph
- Kurui/Shi
- CarefulWetPaint
- GolurkIsDaBomb
- Ink Heart
- Madam Cheezy
- WillPowerPedro

Discussion Topics:
Share recipes! Topic #1 - Easy and Delicious!
Sriracha. Yes. Sriracha.

Recipes:

Oh yes! I forgot! Right...what would a culinary club be without a collection of all our recipes??​

All recipes, instead of copied and pasted here, are linked to posts. So please! Only one recipe per post! Besides...that'll give you time to concoct your other recipes :)​

Also, if you really must have more than one recipe per post, use the [a id] tags, please.​

[Easy and Delicious!] Almond Bark Easy Normal Tiger Butter
Recipe by: Kurui
Category: Sweets & Snacks​

[Easy and Delicious!] The Boyfriend Breakfast
Recipe by: CarefulWetPaint
Category: Full Meal - Breakfast​

[Easy and Delicious!] Lazy Oatcakes
Recipe by: Madam Cheezy
Category: Pastries, Snacks​

Spinach Calzones
Recipe by: Madam Cheezy
Category: Pastries, Snacks​

Choco-Banana Milkshake
Recipe by: WillPowerPedro
Category: Dessert, Summer Snacks​

Last edited:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Name: Kurui/Shi
Culinary Skill: I'm the worst cook ever when it comes to food food, but I can make delicious candies!
Love for cooking: I don't really have a love for making food, but I like making people happy when they eats my sweet treats!

~~**~~

Newbie Candy Recipe :: CHEAP BUT DELICIOUS Almond Bark Easy Normal Tiger Butter (no fancy stuff in it XD )

What You Need:

Package(s) of White Chocolate Almond Bark
Package(s) of Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
Jar of Creamy Peanut Butter, unless you like crunchy.
Microwave Safe Bowls
Square Pan (like a cake type pan, to put it in~)
Knife for folding.
Big spoon for mixing (cause hand mixed is best~)

Melt white almond bark in microwave in the bowl. It might be best to melt it in 30-45 second intervals and stir with spoon between each melting session.

We're going to mix the amount of peanut butter you want into this melted bark until it's flowy/creamy, not hard. I tend to add more peanut butter than normal so it is a bit thicker than most, because I like peanut butter and not so much chocolate. This will make the bark darker than some normal bark, but it will still be pretty if you don't go overboard. Just find the right amount of creamy mixture for you.

Pour that mixture evenly into your square pan.

Be melting the dark almond bark the same as you melt the white almond bark while you finish mixing and pouring the white/peanut butter mixture. The dark bark will be used to drizzle over the top, so less is needed, but again up to YOU, depending on how much you like.

Drizzle the dark chocolate on top of the mixture in the pan, back and forth, leaving some of the whiter mixture inbetween.

Now take a knife and fold the still creamy mixture, making pretty 'tiger fur' patterns in this between the dark chocolates and the white/peanut butter.

You'll need to probably chill this to harden as much as you need it to, so just stick in the the fridge. It's going to harden a bit because it has that hard bark in it.

Then when it's chilled as much as you want, EAT EEEET. But take a picture first, cause it's pretty. :3

The ending result should look something like this:
010.JPG

What is the secret ingredient in baking?
I have no idea. xD

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I actually did end up cooking something half decent today (surprise XD ). I made tacos with spices and chipotle sauce. I can't count the refried beans I cooked because those just came in a can. XD

droomph

weeb
Years
Hey um...so, did you make that? Because that looks too good to be made by anyone that's not a professional cook.

Anyways.

Haha. I made ramen with celery and leftover beef strips today. I also added tons of oregano, parsley and stuff.

I must say, it was a lot better than just the plain stuff.

Oh and the brand of the ramen was Ramyun. It's delicious but way too spicy for the normal stuff to be considered.

Well, I hope you had fun eating what you made!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Oh I guess since this was my idea I should probably contribute:

The boyfriend breakfast:

Use to make this for my girlfriend and she loved it.

What you will need:
Eggs
Milk
Blueberries
Maple syrup
Bread
Bacon
Butter
A frying pan
Fork
Tongs.
Spatula.

How its done:

Put a frying pan on the stove and put it to about mid-high heat and throw some bacon stripes in! (Note you can skip the bacon if you/they dislike it.)
Let the bacon cook a little bit so its nice (usually takes about 30 seconds a side if you want it just a lil bit crunchy).
Once its done take the bacon out and sit it on some paper tools to soak up some of that icky bacon fat!
Put about 4 eggs in a bowl and mix it together, adding a little bit of milk to make it a lil bit thinner. This should do about 3-5 piece of bread depending on how large your bread slices are and how soggy you make them.
Once this is all mixed up put a piece of bread into the bowl to soak up the mixture. Make sure to get good coverage of mixture on both side of the bread.
Before putting the bread into the already hot frying pan (mid-high) spread some butter along the pan if you dont have a non-stick one.
Allow each side of the bread to cook for about 30-45 seconds so its a golden brown but not overcooked! (repeat this process for each piece of french toast.)

3. Once you've got your French toast down plate it up as two piece of toast with the bacon strips going across the top of toast. Add the finishing touches by spreading a generous amount of blue berries around the plate and ontop of the toast and finish it with a lathering of Maple syrup of the top of it all.

If you do this right youll get major brownie points and have a marvelous breakfast. (be a bit fancy and add some juice of coffee as a drink for extra points.) I have no photos of this meal though!

If you didnt understand anything just say and I'll try to explain more clearly!

Also Kurui those look fantastic! *drools*

droomph

weeb
Years
Awww, you didn't have a sign-up form!

Oh well, hi and welcome to the club, CWP!

Well I hope you get a picture up fast, because this recipe sounds delish!

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
That picture isn't one of my own batch. Mine is usually a little more artistic I think, because I usually decorate mine or add ingredients. XD;;; But it looks exactly like that texture/shape wise. I just tend to make my designs a bit more dramatic and delicate looking. There's a way you can make it with actual FUDGE type stuff, but I think the almond bark actually tastes better, probably because the flavour isn't so overpowering so the taste of the peanut butter really pops through. If someone wants to make it using actual fudge or chocolate the technique is almost the same, just different times and ingredients.

My candy trays usually sell between 45$-70$/tray. I have a different assortment of candies I make, but Tiger Butter is the only one besides my chocolate and syrup peanut butter balls, that I will actually eat, because I'm not a sweets fan eating wise. I just like peanut butter. My PB/Syrup balls are a bit more rich than tiger butter.

I'm going to try somma these recipes on here. Because I should get better at cooking. XD;;;

droomph

weeb
Years
Yeah. Well, sharing other people's recipes is encouraged, as long as the original creator consents!

Right now, however, I don't care who invented it, I wish I could put my face into that.

Oh and if you want to get better at cooking, try some foodwishes and Laura In the Kitchen recipes! Especially Laura In the Kitchen. Her recipes are usually family recipes so no complicated processes at all!

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I don't know who the creator of the original Tiger Butter is. I just know that everyone tends to make it differently and not any two tiger butter usually taste exactly the same. I just wanted to show an easy and simple way of making a generic batch that tastes way better than candy bars you buy at the store, although Tiger Butter is probably way more unhealthy XD;;

Some of my original-ish stuff are like those Syrup thingies, and then I have Peppermint Crush Rockets which are like rocket-ish shaped funnels with crushed peppermint (and sometimes sticky coconut) for the nose of it, and stuffed inside.

Those recipes are a little longer as far as stuff you have to buy/do, which is why i didn't post. Yet. Tiger butter anyone can make and it looks great in mere minutes~

I don't know who the creator of the original Tiger Butter is. I just know that everyone tends to make it differently and not any two tiger butter usually taste exactly the same. I just wanted to show an easy and simple way of making a generic batch that tastes way better than candy bars you buy at the store, although Tiger Butter is probably way more unhealthy XD;;

Some of my original-ish stuff are like those Syrup thingies, and then I have Peppermint Crush Rockets which are like rocket-ish shaped funnels with crushed peppermint (and sometimes sticky coconut) for the nose of it, and stuffed inside.

Those recipes are a little longer as far as stuff you have to buy/do, which is why i didn't post. Yet. Tiger butter anyone can make and it looks great in mere minutes~

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Um...nobody's posting here...:'( well, I'm all alone...

So! First topic!

What flavors do you find to be delicious? Sweet? Salty? Bitter? Please describe why.

I personally find sweet to be super delicious during the day, but salty at night.

Sweet is just...happy! I can't explain why...

Salty at night, reminds of actual food, so I love to experience the aromas from the awwwwww so much win...

Last edited:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I dislike sweet or salty. They are usually overpowering in my mouth. I rarely ever eat salt or sweets (I only eat sweets if my sugars bottom).

I prefer "leafy" green tasting vegetables, and then just the taste of meat and cheese in general. I also love very "fishy" tasting seafood. I hope you get what I mean XD;; I don't know WHY though really uh........I guess that's just how my tastebuds are?

If we can talk about textures I usually stay away from grainy or gritty textures (I don't eat a whole of of say, breads). The rest I'm fine with.

EDITO~: OH ALSOOOOOOOOO I love FIERY SPICY HAWT STUFF :3

Years
Hello, I'd like to join please!

Hmm, I don't think I have any recipes of my own, I could share recipes I find though...
As for things I like to make, that would be baked goods especially pies/pancakes :)
And for my favorite tastes would be spicy, sweet, and salty, but all in moderation. I also like umami if that counts. And I do like sriracha, but I find it kind of strange...
Hope I can join!

Edit:
Name: GolurkIsDaBomb
Culinary Skill: Baking and kind of cooking...
Love for cooking: I like to eat yummy foods, when I'm not too lazy to make them

droomph

weeb
Years
Welcome!

Um, here you can share recipes and get your cooking skills all warmed up! So no, no recipes required~

Edit: Gotcha signed up. WELCOME!!!!!! :D

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I was wondering, how many people here actually watch shows such as Sweet Genius, Chopped, Hell's Kitchen or in general cooking competition reality shows of the sort? I watched Sweet Genius for the first time today and I liked it pretty well, mainly because of the creative aspect of it. Basically theres a set of 3 tests and 4 competitors where 1 is eliminated each round leaving the ultimate Sweet Genius.

The competitions have categories of sweets. For example today was Chocolate, Candy, and Cake. The host then lists a main ingredient, such as "green tomatoes" that the competitors must use in their creation (along with the overall theme XD ), and THEN gives them an "Inspiration" to base their creation off of, such as "stained glass". Then a timer starts and they must come up with a creation and start making it with said ingredient, theme, and inspiration. During the time, he introduces a new ingredient that has to be added in! So the contestant must think on their feet how they can add that new ingredient to their overall sweet dish without sacrificing consistency and themes.

It's way fun. XD If ever we get enough members we should have some sort of culinary competition, even in written form, on who can come up with the best recipe with given ingredient and theme/inspirations.

Years
That show sounds pretty cool. I've never watched it since the host strikes me as creepy. Like Alton Brown...euh.
Your competition sounds cool too Kurui! It seems like it'd be a little hard to orchestrate, but I would try... To answer your question, I do watch some shows like Chopped, Food Network challenge, and occasionally Cupcake Wars (which has a terrible host and a stupid last round)
I used to watch some Paula Dean and some Giada before she got kind of...drunker...

droomph

weeb
Years
...I think I've seen parts of shows like that before. Although I do think Cupcake Wars is unnecessarily epic :P

Although that sounds like a good idea! We could use that activity anyways.

So, who wants to be the host? If nobody wants to, I could host it! Although if that's the case, the contest will have to be postponed for two weeks. :/

Alright! So we've decided how it's gonna be held, right? Three rounds with four contestants...we all come up with a recipe...and the judge boots out the worst one. We will also have a theme and "secret ingredient"! Okay, that sounds good!

Although one point to make is that nothing can be too fancy so the judge can actually make it (or else you're sending me a sample! ;)).

So who else is in?

OH ALSOOOOOOOOO I love FIERY SPICY HAWT STUFF :3
Haha how did I not notice this post.

Well, you're sure to live a really healthy life! Did you hear? Spicy foods are healthy! Although everyone in my family says if you eat anything spicy, you'll get the shiz. Though that kinda holds true...Taco Bell

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Heyyyyyy~ :D

Love to have you! Our "senior chefs" (right now it's just Kurui XD haha you're welcome) will help you develop your cooking skill! If you're looking to start out, I suggest the "artist" route and start off by cooking recipes from Laura In the Kitchen, foodwishes, and the likes. Then you deviate from there and report back to us your new findings!

...don't worry, I can't cook either :P

But enough of that, you're more than welcome to mooch off of learn from whoever decides to stop by! And if you need some help, we can sure brainstorm our way to success! After all...five is better than one!

EDIT: Added~ Now you don't have any excuse not to participate! ;)

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Name: Uh....*points* -.o
Skill: I'm pretty handy with most things, and improvising Italian and Asian stuff is fun. But I think my true calling is yummy food.
Love: Well, seeing as how I'm the only one who can in this house, it's more of a survival skill sometimes. But watching someone foodgasim from something you conjured out of leftovers is pretty special.

Just wondering...can we submit any recipie?

droomph

weeb
Years
Heyyyyyy~ Gawd vacation sucks

Yeah, any recipe is fine - as long as it's yours (or you have their permission), fairly priced (eg no caviar or sturgeon), and you've actually cooked it at least once.

So yeah.

Back