• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Long time no see!

gottaspritethemall

Trainee Spriter
Years
Hey there guys! I'm returning after a few years of distance from this site.
I used to live on here! But now i have a full time job and bills, so this sucks. But I'm up for chilling out and trying to get back into what i used to love!

Unfortunately i haven't yet had chance to play the newer generations of Pokemon, but i will get around to it! My interests are definitely within the Games Development. I used to spend forever there. I would love to join a project. I used to class myself as a spriter, but haven't done it for years!

Thanks for your time guys, have a good night!

Regards,

Luke

Years
Hi there, welcome to PC! n_n Anything in particular you'd like to be called? :3

And yeah, no worries if you haven't played the old games; we have both longtime and returning Pokemon fans here, so you'll fit in fine regardless! The game-makers on PC are so talented though, I actually joined back in 2006 because of the fanmade games haha. One day, just one day, I will make my own as well. <3

You should totally get back into spriting, though! Then maybe you can show off some of your work in the Pixel Art section, perhaps. I'm sure the people there would love to see what you can do! :D

Anyway, have a wonderful time here and feel free to message me if you need any help at all~

Years
Hey there guys! I'm returning after a few years of distance from this site.
I used to live on here! But now i have a full time job and bills, so this sucks. But I'm up for chilling out and trying to get back into what i used to love!

Unfortunately i haven't yet had chance to play the newer generations of Pokemon, but i will get around to it! My interests are definitely within the Games Development. I used to spend forever there. I would love to join a project. I used to class myself as a spriter, but haven't done it for years!

Thanks for your time guys, have a good night!

Regards,

Luke

Hello Luke, and welcome back.

I know how daunting real life is, it can really impact on our activity. But glad you decided to come back, and I wasn't around at the time you were last here but that doesn't mean I can't greet you.

Don't worry if you're an old or new fan alike, PC has loads of Pokefans calling the forum a second home to them. We actually have loads of talented game-makers here too, both in emulation and game development.

And yeah, sprite art is so fun, we have a few passionate spriters on PC who love to show off their work in the Pixel Art section. There's loads of stuff you can look at there, and a few shops you can visit.

Have a wonderful time and feel free to drop me a VM anytime.

- Hikari10

Cid

Years
A former spriter, eh? So I've noticed. You have gottaspritethemall as your username, after all. I hope you get back to doing what you were originally interested in doing here at PC. The years might have changed this place a lot, but I still wish you the best. And don't worry about it, you're not alone when you say you have a job to go to and bills to take care of. Although I might not be one of them, there are members here who are in the same situation, and they get along just fine. :)

I would love to see your sprites in the Pixel Art section, as Cirno and Hikari have suggested. Perhaps from there, once you get on stable ground, you can move back to Game Development and show the products of your interest to the entire forum. :D And as for getting back from a long absence, maybe a quick look at the rules as a refresher wouldn't hurt, too, perhaps there are some new ones you might encounter. But apart from that, I'm sure your return would go well in no time. Try your best to stick around for as long as your lifestyle will allow you. And lastly, I hope you'll be able start a new life here at PC. Welcome back, Luke.

gottaspritethemall

Trainee Spriter
Years
Thanks guys! It feels good to be back! I just need to find that inspiration to start trying to get back into creating the fangames and all that! Would love if someone just handed me a concept sketch and said, show me what you can do! :D

I've already touched up on the rules thank you Cid thanks for the suggestion! I hope to hear from all you guys soon!

Regards,

Luke

Reactions: Cid
Years
Yeah I sort of know where you're coming from. I'm not as active on here as I used to be but I still try to linger around. Quality over quantity anyway. Anyway welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Hi there :) so you say you used to be a spriter? Are you good at drawing fakemon? If so maybe we could collab on a hack im doing :)

Back