• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon: Bright Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
  • Hack of:
    badge-gold.png

brightgoldintro.png

Spoiler:

brightgoldFeatures.png

Spoiler:

progress.png

Spoiler:

121wcww.png

Spoiler:

extrainfo.jpg

Spoiler:
    brightgoldmaps.png

cave
    Spoiler:

Tunnel in Cinnabar Volcano- this leads to the top :)
    Spoiler:

Viridian Forest
    Spoiler:

brightgoldcredits.png

Spoiler:

brightgoldbugs.png

Spoiler:

brightgoldDownloads.png

Spoiler:

brightgoldbanners.png

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1151/2me47pskk1.png[/IMG*][/URL*]
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Arial Black]Simply remove the *'s for this to work :)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited:

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • do you have any tiles yet? do you have a story? when you say its close to gold, how close? what are the differences? these aren't really suggestions, but these are questions you can answer to help further establish your hack.
    good luck BigSteve

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Nice and also I would change white gold since nintendo copyrghted it and they can do a lwasuit or sue you for copyright infringment. I think. Otherwise gooood luck!

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    do you have any tiles yet? do you have a story? when you say its close to gold, how close? what are the differences? these aren't really suggestions, but these are questions you can answer to help further establish your hack.
    good luck BigSteve

well the tiles are already there, and he says that the only changes are the additions of pokemon you can't get in Gold without trading, so other than a few legendary encounters, the story should be the same

i have a suggestion however, when you said you were making all the starters available, you could it make so that you don't have a choice what starter you get given (but make sure it's not cyndaquil, chikorita or totodile or some super powerful pkmn), kind of like with pokemon yellow, but probably not pikachu lol

then you could make the johto starters very rare, in hard-to-get-to parts of the game...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • do you have any tiles yet? do you have a story? when you say its close to gold, how close? what are the differences? these aren't really suggestions, but these are questions you can answer to help further establish your hack.
    good luck BigSteve

asin pretty much the same storyline

im going to insert a few battle gauntlets for players to earn the Johto and Kanto starters but im not sure what i'll use as the new starters....

at this point im using the default tiles

the differences are that all 251 pokemon can be obtained in one game

i didnt intend for this to become anything big just throwing it out there incase anybody else is interested because i'm only making it for my own benefit

this hack is really meant to be a learning experience for me to move onto greater things

already i have learned how to script a little bit (big thanks to cooley there), how to use TLP and a bit of HEx too!

@darkcookie_93 thanks for the warning there, i looked it up and it seems theyve had it for years , along with MoonStone, but havent done anything with it

@Black_Phantom i intended to use different starters or a single starter so i can add events for them all :) battle gauntlets sound ok?

battle gauntlet asin fight 5 trainers and talk to the guy at the end that will say 'well done you have earned this' and give you a pokemon :)

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Oh, nice to see a gold hack in a while, sounds like a good hack.
    It seems you've done the basics of the beginning. Well, I hope you get far in this hack of yours.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Oh, nice to see a gold hack in a while, sounds like a good hack.
    It seems you've done the basics of the beginning. Well, I hope you get far in this hack of yours.

Thanks!
    nice to see people like my simple hack even though im not changing much this time :)

how can i chane my thread title? i want it to say Bright Gold instead of White Gold now that i know i cant use that name -.-

im currently having problems with the give pokemon scripts :( this could cause problems for the idea of gauntlets until i get it fixed :S

updated first post with new title screen :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well you can ask the mods through pms . Its best if you ask blaizchu seeing as he does a lot in a snap. And if not ask christos if hes online. Also nice brightgold.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • updated first post with an ideas section
    thanks to IIMarckus and Cooley i now have working givePokemon script to work with :)
    please comment on the idea's i put forward :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Chariard should be starter and then every single one as an event and
    hoenn pokes are cool. No one but skeetendo tried it and thats why this is going in my book.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Hope this goes well for you.

Some advice/constructive critisim: from years of experience, you should never announce features that you havn't implemented yet, becuase to be quite honest, they most likey never get implemented, unless you really know what you are doing.

Chariard should be starter and then every single one as an event and
    hoenn pokes are cool.

No way man, you havn't clue have you?

Id place CHARMANDER as your starter.

No one but skeetendo tried it and thats why this is going in my book.

Are you talking about adding more pokemon? Coolboyman actualy did it.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Chariard should be starter and then every single one as an event and
    hoenn pokes are cool. No one but skeetendo tried it and thats why this is going in my book.

ill only use Hoenn pokemon once i learn ASM (sometime in future) to add more pokemon :)
    i dont think ill add many though :P

and Charmander will be the starter, bulbasaur will be given by the fat man in New Bark town as a gift to an old friends son.

Squiretle and the Johto starters will be aquired through battle gauntlets of up to 5 trainers throughout the game. im considering putting them on routes so they arent missed :)

Cartmic- thanks for the constructive criticism but if you looked it's under ideas as in possible things that mght be added :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yep theres a gold map editor out in the toolbox. And I meant charmander I was half asleep. And what I meant by more pokemon was that skeetendo before coolboyman had a hack sterling silver with hoenn pokemon and eventually if he(or she cant remember) does continue will have sinnoh. As the thread says. So yeah this is about the 3rd one to do it.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Yep theres a gold map editor out in the toolbox. And I meant charmander I was half asleep. And what I meant by more pokemon was that skeetendo before coolboyman had a hack sterling silver with hoenn pokemon and eventually if he(or she cant remember) does continue will have sinnoh. As the thread says. So yeah this is about the 3rd one to do it.

thats not definite yet :)

and i know theres a map editor in the toolbox i have Megamap and Gold Map but cant see a function to add another map to them :(

how do you think i made the 2nd cave -.-

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    and i know theres a map editor in the toolbox i have Megamap and Gold Map but cant see a function to add another map to them :(
    I don't think you can add maps with either tool (I don't use either so I can't confirm), but if you're good with pointers you can repoint a map bank in hex to add as many maps as you want.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I don't think you can add maps with either tool (I don't use either so I can't confirm), but if you're good with pointers you can repoint a map bank in hex to add as many maps as you want.

im not sure about that at this point

but what if i just used the link rooms as spare maps? would i be able to do that?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    You could do that. I think there are only three link rooms and not one for each Center; they all lead to the same actual room. But there are a few unused maps, like the Safari Zone and some incomplete (?) Pokecenter 2F maps that aren't used at all. That should get you by for a while.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • You could do that. I think there are only three link rooms and not one for each Center; they all lead to the same actual room. But there are a few unused maps, like the Safari Zone and some incomplete (?) Pokecenter 2F maps that aren't used at all. That should get you by for a while.

1. Articuno
    2. Zapdos
    3. Moltres
    4. Mewtwo
    5. Mew
    6. Celebi
    that would be 6 lairs needed :)

Trade Room, Battle Room, Time Capsule, Safari Zone, if there are 2 unused pokemon centre maps im in business :D

where can i find the code for an overworld legendary event? thats the only thing holding me back now :)

updated first post with a map and possible new title screen, what does everyone think?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back