• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen My advice for beating the Jr. Trainer in front of Brock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    My team is a Bulbasaur, a Kakuna, a Pikachu, and a Pidgey. Kakuna knows String Shot, Pikachu knows Growl, and Pidgey knows Sand Attack. I am playing Pokémon Blue Version.

First, take out the Diglet using your Bulbasaur and Pidgey. Then, you're on to the Sandshrew, which I found particularly difficult.

Start out with Bulbasaur and put a Leech Seed on him. Then, switch to Pikachu to use Growl until he faints, then to Kakuna to lower his speed. Finally, switch to Pidgey to get rid of his accuracy. Finally, you're down to your Bulbasaur. Just keep tackling him till he faints, and there you have it! You're past that trainer.

I posted this here in case anyone was having trouble beating him. This will only work with that specific team (though you can still use String Shot with a Caterpie, Weedle, or Metapod (evolved)), but I felt that it would be useful.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That's nice, but...it's just a Jr. Trainer...I don't think a lot of people put that much effort into a trainer like that, especially if they have Bulbasaur or Squirtle. This doesn't really generate much discussion and I hate to say it, but it's not particularly useful to many people. ;(

PS: Vine Whip Vine Whip VINE WHIP that gym.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back