• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rivals

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2012
    Question first and apologies later:

I was wondering how to make the game recognize the unused player as the rival. I have been looking through the wiki and done a search on this site, but I haven't found anything.

As to the apology, I'm sorry if I just haven't seen the right thread(s) for this. I also apologize if I have missed the wiki page(s) for it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Do some eventing:
    During the intro, after the player picks their gender, mark it with a switch, like turn on Boy if they picked male or Girl if they picked female.
    Next, make your events. Then, in the event editor, copy it. On both event pages, make them activate/show up/whatever you want by setting the gender switches in the conditionals needed. Then set the NPC's OW into the opposite gender, and change whatever you to change.

Hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    This thread doesn't belong in Tutorials & Resources, so I moved it over here~

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2012
    Sorry, Abnegation. I was looking in the Tutorials section when I posted it.

And thanks, Final Destination. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I've been separated from the web for a bit.

Edit:

Another issue. I've set up an event so that the Rival can "see" the player exit the house, and begin talking to the player. The issue it, if I do an "Event Touch" event that makes the Rival see the player and walk up to talk to them. The issue, however, is that this event doesn't make the Rival register as a boy if the player is a girl, or a girl if the player is a boy.

I was wondering how I could change this. If it would help, I'll try to post the events later, but it may be tomorrow before I can get to it.

Last edited:
    Back