• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gengar's Gallery : A Pokémon Anime Event

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
What is now known as "Gengar's Gallery" was once a beautiful exhibit hall displaying all manner of creative prowess, owned and managed by a wealthy private collector. But as the years went on and the economic downturn worsened, the collector turned to his vast collection for financial aid and began to sell the wonderful works. As the masterpieces gradually disappeared, the hauntings began. A lone Gengar was the only Pokémon ever seen, but the cries echoing throughout the gallery certainly belonged to far more Pokémon. The collector quickly finished selling his collection and closed the gallery, leaving the ghosts to their now desolate home.

Years later, a young woman discovered she had inherited the gallery. She had no idea what to do with it, as the still upset Pokémon terrorized anyone who walked through the doors. After thinking about the stories associated with the place, she came up with a plan. She believes the ghosts are upset by the loss of art, so she has commissioned a variety of local artists to create seasonally themed pieces for the gallery. She is accepting anything that could count as art- photos, paintings, sketches, cosplay, poetry, short stories, whatever the artists can think of to fit the autumnal theme.

Gather now, artists of all types and abilities, share your works with the lonely souls. Create and submit as many pieces as you desire- you will receive compensation for anything you choose to donate. Submissions will be closed after November 2.​
That's right artists! From Oct 26 - Nov 2 the PokéCommunity's very own moderator of the Pokémon Anime section, EternallyAnna, is hosting a series of Halloween related events! While there is much to do around the area, I'd like to bring this specific event to everyone's attention, as it involves --you guessed it-- art! So everyone shuttle your butts off to Pokémon Anime and get drawing!!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311305

Make me proud. :')

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm EternallyAnna and I approve this message. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

Seriously, thank you Alexial for bringing this up over here and thank you to everyone who is thinking about contributing. I'm sure not many of you have much interest in the anime anymore, but a lot of people have fond memories associated with it. So I'd really like you to draw upon that (haha) and contribute to my lil project. I mean it doesn't have to be totally PokéAni-related (anything Pokémon will do!) but that's definitely where my own interests lie. So thank you for the time it took to read this and the time you might take to make some lovely art for me. :)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I'm super busy and not a good artist and don't have any way to contribute anything apart from low quality rough sketches so I'm unable to participate. But I know most aren't in the same situation.

Glad that there are collaborations between sections now, btw. You always said you wanted PC's sections to be integrated and wanted to do it through inter section events. Glad you guys are doing all this. Best wishes and best of luck to all participants!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Get your lazy ass movin', ya muthafukas. I'm super busy and not a good artist and don't have any way to contribute anything apart from low quality rough sketches so I'm unable to participate. But I know most aren't in the same situation.

Glad that there are collaborations between sections now, btw. You always said you wanted PC's sections to be integrated and wanted to do it through inter section events. Glad you guys are doing all this. Best wishes and best of luck to all participants!

You do realize that it says any form of are so you can contribute one of your graphics to it.

That said I'm already contributed something to it. Though I'm going to draw up something else because since that last piece my artistic ability jumped a few levels so I want to show that off in the gallery haha.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Except that, like I said in my resignation thread about moving away from home and not having PC access as a result, I have not had computer access since July 1st. I come online on phone. No question of doing anything on my phone, is there? :p I'm glad you're contributing, though! You're a good artist. :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes we're all very excited about this event, no doubt. :) Let's everyone try to contribute the best they can, alright? Also Dero we all know that you can draw! And take pictures of your art no less soooo.. as far as I'm concerned you should contribute too!

Very excited about this though. Best of luck to all contributors!

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
First off, let me just say that I love you guys for doing this! :'D I am so happy we can contribute and partake on this event. I get somewhat of a melancholy feeling due to myself being a veteran and the Art & Design sub-forum had amazing sections like its own Sprite Comics, Trainer Cards, Pixel Art, etc.~ Very glad there are many talented members that are keeping this old section alive and kickin'.

Hmm, as soon as classes end for me tomorrow, I shall submit something pop art Lichtenstein style. ^-^

Back