• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Gray can be almost called official now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I don't know if many of you guys have seen this but...

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1210117p1.html

I think this should clear some things for those who still don't know, but it seems like the fact Pokemon Gray will happen is really a fact instead of a what if now hehehe.

Time to talk business now~

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This is like seriously old news dude, and means next to nothing actually.

Pokemon Crimson is also a registered Domain. There are many OTHER names similar. Pokemon Platinum was registered by someone else before its release and Gamefreak still produced a Platinum.

For all we know the Third game is Pokemon Rainbow.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    :O i was so excited before i posted this i forgot to check the date of the post on ign... what a fail by me :'(

But still even if all those domains are registered it must mean something if the same company that registered pokemonwhiteblack did it... I mean to some great extent...

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Old news is old:P

In addition to Gray and Crimson (stated above by Xander), they've also registered Brown. Doesn't mean much.

Nice try though ^^

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • This is like seriously old news dude, and means next to nothing actually.

Pokemon Crimson is also a registered Domain. There are many OTHER names similar. Pokemon Platinum was registered by someone else before its release and Gamefreak still produced a Platinum.

For all we know the Third game is Pokemon Rainbow.

It is registered by the same company Nintendo hired to do the Black and White website, not exactly a coincidence.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    More than one person can purchase domain names through a company.

Note that a whois on the various domains like pokemongray, pokemoncrimson and pokemonbrown.com reports nothing connected to Nintendo themselves, only domains registered under the names of random people in America who've given Yahoo email addresses of all things.

Either this is Nintendo deploying undercover agents into the field to register websites in a hilariously roundabout manner - which might not even be for games, just general brand management to stop other people registering said domains. Or it could be people registering random domain names for no / unknown reasons. The problem is you can't call it any decisive proof without jumping to massive conclusions.

This article is yet another example of ridiculously speculative reporting from our friends in the gaming 'journalism' industry.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeaaah since this is old there's not really much to discuss, unless you want to bring it up in the name/mascot discussion thread, which is where this sort of thing would fit.
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back