• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What the anime should've done...

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    rather then keep recycling Ash for every region, I would've liked him to stay in Kanto when that series ended, then use characters from the other regions in place of him

Brandon, May and her brother go through Hoenn

Gold, Krys and...Silver, perhaps? go through Johto

Dawn, Lucas and Barry go through Sinnoh

Touko, Touya go through Unova, meeting with Cheren, Bel, N, etc

they've shown they can animate N (as seen in that BW2 animated trailer)

Ash needs to grow up, and they can explain the loss of experience better with new trainers, just starting out on their journey with new characters

Ash...you defeated a Legendary pokemon in the Sinnoh finals, how did you lose to a Snivy? sure you couldn't use electric attacks, quick attack and iron tail aren't electric attacks you know...

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
  • I agree that the anime is somewhat childish (though you must admit that the Unova Region is much better than the Hoenn Region as far as level of Action.) Anyway, my point is that Satoshi has been the "hero" of the Anime for years and they won't be risky and change it because the Anime was intentionally meant for younger audiences, unfortunately. :/

But I do prefer Satoshi traveling with Cilan instead of Cheren. I don't know what the anime would be like without Cilan, but I know it would be way boring for me.Though, I wish Bianca would replace Iris. -.-

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Yeah,,,traveling with gym leaders, while interesting, is much too similar to the original series, traveling with a male gym leader (Brock/Dent) and female (Misty/Iris)

ah well, what are ya gonna do?

Cheren might've been fine if he'd be filling the serious role, and have Bianca be the rather flirty goof of the group...

although I think he'd help Ash better with training at least

he would've made a better rival then Shooti/Trip

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I've read this statement too many times...
    This is not gonna happen =)
    Ash is reseted so the new fans can sympathize with him =)
    I would also love to at least see him more Red-like and more mature but we just have to stick with the young, lame Ash that will magically regain his abilities at the end of each season.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Ash is a Champion in the Orange League and Kanto Battle Frontier...everything else he's either in top 4, 8 or 16

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    agreed in some respects.
    I think Ash would be fine for Johto as well as the two regions are very well conected but maybe have him become a frequent guest character in later seasons which instead would focus on May and Dawn and so on(though this would cause the team rocket trio to go as well and their my favourate part of the whole show).
    But now Ash is just too iconic for the show to lose him. After being the main character for over a decade, he and Pikachu will always be there as long as the show is running (and I hope the TRio as welll).

Years
  • Arbok is right, the writers don't want to get rid of Ash.

Even though the younger audience is the reason for the reset in every region it makes me want a different set of protagonists in every region like in the games and the Pokemon Adventures manga.

I also didn't like that Unova chose Cilan and Iris for the traveling partners, but I do like Cilan's personality. (Ash/Cheren/Hilda would have made a better trio IMO)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    If *shudder* Hilda and Hilbert make anime appearances, I will probably put up with it, but I still hate those names...

they really should have done a series based on the actual game plot (kinda like they did in Hoenn...)

I think Black and White would've made an amazing series

Back