• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Nightmare

gsorby

Pokémon Spiritanium Creator
Years
OK I've finished the first gym. It looks more rocky now because it's a rock gym :P

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Story's alright, maybe you could add a team that worships the dark silhouette (darkrai i assume. ;p) and believe that all the people are succumbing to nightmares b/c darkrai's wish is for all trainers to fall into deep slumber for the team to steal all the pokemon and give it to darkrai as sacrifice so he could feast on more dreams? (just an idea)
Some more lore? Like you could make one up, cause Palkia and Dialga/Groundon and Kyogre/Reshiram and Zekrom had some interesting origins which give a little tint of mythology, so you could maybe add the origin of Darkrai -- altho that's a 50/50 idea as the whole point is that the silhouette is unknown soooo....lol. xD

Anyways i can't say much about the mapping etc. as i hven't seen much, but I can say that it's good to see battle animations in the battle system, as most rpg maker pokemon games neglect it, and, well, i love battle animations.
I suggest spicing them up as the animations arent really smooth and lack the "feel" of the impact, if you know what i mean.

Other than that, battle looks pretty solid. keep the good work up.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Looks alright, the images seem to be badly compressed though, try using .PNG rather than .JPEG, it's a lossless format, so pictures will never degrade.
only good to use JPEG if you have a large image and want a smaller size, or if it's a real life picture(since you won't find solid colours, thus loss of colour isn't noticible)

Last edited:
Back