• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blasting Off Again?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I wonder, was there a reason given that Team Rocket were acting more serious? Were they promoted or something, and wanted to act more responsible (the reason why they got a new uniform, too?). Or have they just been given a random competency change? If it's random, then I can't see them acting this way for too long. We have Team Plasma for the "serious" villains of the series.

I'm sure the dub will return them to their old self. If anything, I'd like to see them as comical yet serious villains.

Yeah, I can't see the dub taking any notice of Team Rocket acting any differently, they'll probably still give them puns and rhymes constantly.

*Charizard*

Velocity
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2012
im loving the new improved team rocket. after 600+ episodes you kind of get sick of "team rockets blasting off again". Lets hope the writers don't screw this up because i want to see more of this

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
Years
I've finally watched the episode. I really love TR and I'm completely happy with them. I don't even miss their Pokemon much, not even Wobbuffet. I actually really, really like it a lot. I mean no one is ever going to be completely happy. Before these episodes people wanted Team Rocket gone because all they ever were was comic relief. They'd come into the episode, do something dumb, and blast off. But now that it seems they may be more of a threat (if it lasts), everyone wants silly Team Rocket back.

Anyways, I agree with the people who said the dub will probably make them silly again, with rhymes and puns and whatnot. I guess that could balance it out? Stupid lines but serious actions. If it doesn't just make everything look stupid, that is.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this TR and I'm hoping it lasts for a while.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
Years
Well, it does get kind of old of them always BOA. But I really liked it, it was actually my favorite part.
I hope this is what happens: In the first few episodes, they're badass. As the episodes go on, they start to lose quality and get promoted down and they start to BOA again.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
Meh. First episode. I'm not convinced blasting off is over just yet.

Zet

Years
I think it's about time TR has gotten more serious, but since their mission is to take over Isshu, I believe they will focus more on that mission than trying to steal pikachu. But of course they will make the appearance now and then, but when James gets a pokemon, they will probably start blasting off again, though if they have gotten more serious that joke will probably be gone and they'll just escape.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
I was about to go to a thread sometime and say "i wish TR would actually get away for once! Every time they do the same thing.. epic fail plan and then blast-off. :<"

I need to watch that episode.
nao.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
Years
Well, even though it's just the third episode...after seeing the smoke bomb, disguises, and that 50 foot leap they took...I have...concluded that...Team Rocket...are now...friggin' NINJAS!!!!
No blast off, no battle, they just jumped and disappeared from the episode -__-

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I actually agree, it's the third episode now too! I don't think they are gonna blast off for a longggg time! Although im not gonna lie, I will miss the good old team rocket I thought was hilarious when I first watched them on at at five years old xD

I have...concluded that...Team Rocket...are now...friggin' NINJAS!!!!
Total win!~

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
It was kind of surprising, I was expecting them to be 'blasting off again'. It took me a minute to figure out what had taken place. And then... I've started to miss the old Team Rocket already. :'(

Back