• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Losing Steam

Zet

Years
I wouldn't say they're losing steam. The reason why for the worldwide release should be obvious: region lock. The 3DS is a region locked device, so if people wanted to buy the Japanese version before the rest of the world gets it, they would also need to buy a Japanese 3DS.

And some people would unknowingly buy the game to find out they can't play it and be upset.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I dunno, if we are so important to them, how come Japan gets all the cool stuff? I mean Japan is having a pokémon event of some kind almost every day. Gen 6 is announced and Where is our Meloetta event?

If anything, I've always felt that we have been their second class fans and as was already mentioned they are doing this simultaneous release just as PR thing.

Does Gamefreak take any western fan feedback? Again as was said, if Pokémon IS losing steam it's in the wstern markets not Japan.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I don't think that Pokemon is losing its popularityi n Japan at any popularity. I just think that Gamefreak is doing this to make hte Pokemon fnabase seem more connected. I reallyl ike that they're doing this. I hope that this will happen for more games in the future.

Back