• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cutting people Off..

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Going sort of on trend with Nick's thread about pruning friendslists..

Have you ever cut someone out of your life?
Was it your choice to do it? If yes, what made you want or have to do it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I did. There was a "friend" of mine in school. She was so mean to the other girls and some times would make them cry. I hated that and didnt really like her very much. She only literally wanted to talk about one or two things ever as well, so I tended to hang out with others. One day after graduation, I was talking to her via instant message and she was quite rude, called me a word I wont repeat and said I'd "betrayed" her. I hadnt done any such thing and it was the final straw, I felt I no longer could associate with someone like her so I ceased talking to her after that, she probably would not have changed.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I cut my high school best friend out of my life because of some boy. We started talking again last November though, because I decided I didn't want to lose one of my best friends over some stupid, smelly idiot that we both dated. Now we hang out on most weekends again and I love her little man CJ. :3 Coolest baby ever. lol

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I've cut a decent amount of people out of my life unfortunately. Not necessarily by choice. Basically there were two reasons:
1. He/She moved away and texting just wasn't the same as talking to the person in real life and it just slowly stopped.
2. He/She got weird or changed entirely and is no longer someone who I wish to be associated with. Differing interests tend to form later in life I guess. Mostly drugs.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
my dad because he never gave a flying monkeys when my daughter Hanna was born, and never gives her a bday/christmas present when he buys one for my nephews. You can't pick favorites when it comes to children/grandchildren. So I don't speak or see him anymore.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Many times. It gets easy after a while so long as you're firm with it. When it comes to the voluntary ones, that is. If someone moves away or cuts me off, then it's still pretty difficult to deal with.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yep, two of my friends -- one my best friend because she was a really nasty person underneath all over her social layers, and the other basically because he treated me like dirt.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I've cut off quite a few people in my life, it's funny though how I more often than not see it coming tbh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I've never purposely cut anyone from my life. People who aren't in my life anymore aren't there because of a fall out, loss of contact, and probably loss of interest.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm pretty bad for this when it comes to friends, sometimes it's unintentional (because I'm earnestly busy) or I lose interest in them, or they piss me off, or I just plain got sick of talking to them. I cycle through friends that I talk to like they're going out of season lol. I only have a very select few friends that I've stayed in contact with over the years, and I'm happy to have them as my friends.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
No, I don't think so. The people who have left my life have sort of just drifted off for one reason or another, there has never been a situation in my life so toxic that I've felt the need to cut a person off from me completely.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yes, and it was not particularly pleasant.

There was this one guy in my first year of university (let's call him TP... because that's what his initials are!) who sort of clamped on to the friendship group I was a part of like a limpet. At first we were all "cool, a new friend" and he started doing stuff and hanging out and other friend-y stuff. Then TP started acting weird. Not 'serial killer'-weird or anything, but he'd start coming to things where he wasn't invited to (not because we disliked him, but not all of us invited everyone to everything), have these mood swings and our original opinion of him as 'kooky' slowly morphed into 'someone we don't want to talk to'. So we decided to give him the message that we didn't really want to see him slowly, by gradually inviting him to fewer and fewer things. But that didn't work, and he was in our face all the time. Eventually, we just decided to cut him off; no phone calls, no texting, no Facebook, nothing. The tipping point was this time when we were all going out to dinner and TP saw us leaving the uni accommodation. As one would expect, he started following us. Instead of stopping like normal, socially acceptable human beings, we all ran away instead. It was kinda monstrous at the time, and I feel bad about it to this day... but it did the trick. Haven't spoken to him since. (He's fine, by the way. According to Facebook he's a consultant, so good for him!)

Years
. . . ****, I'm a consultant as well. Therefore when we meet up at the May Expo, you're all gonna ditch me aren't you V______________________V

I'VE GONE FROM KOOKY TO SOMEONE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO TALK TO WTF!?!

But anyway, as for me I dunno. In a sense I cut people from my life all the time, but not permanently and not with any real intent or motivation either, it just happens. I'll go for months without talking to loads of my contacts and then when a meet up is organized, I'll start talking to them a lot more and then after a meet up that recedes back into basically no communication until another meeting is organized.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I have never cut anyone out of my life and I don't plan to. Usually the reason for losing friends is just the natural parts of life where people move on and drift apart, but I am always gonna be there if anyone wants to rekindle the friendship.

Back