• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Social Situations

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    How would people describe you in social situations?

My coworkers (who are really the only people I interact with, bar a few friends that I hang out with from time to time) tell me that I'm shameless and don't have many boundaries. I take them both as a compliment.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • "Shameless and without boundaries" works pretty well for me too. It's weird because people WANT me to talk about strange, otherwise taboo topics. At a Halloween party last year the host asked me to inform a group of guests on why I hate a certain thing that I can't name in order to keep it PG and I did so without so much as blinking in hesitation.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I have really bad social anxiety. I am very, VERY shy and quiet in real life. It takes me a long time to open up to people. If I don't know you well, I will pretty much be silent. You usually have to say something to me in order to get me to talk. It's kind of bad.

I am much more open online, which I why I like going on forums, etc.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    If I don't know you, I'm quiet and socially awkward.

If we know each other, I'm (according to other people) funny, more friendly, kind, etc. Though, as my best friend has told me, people *think* I'm nice...then they get to know me. ;D Though that was just because I drove a specific person insane for a few weeks by making them paranoid with prank calls and texts until they threatened to call the police.

Last edited:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • I'm not really great in social situations, due to the fact that I have social anxiety. I really don't like talking around people I don't know very well, even if I have close friends with me. It's not quite as bad online, but I do still get anxeity sometimes.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My friend tell me I'm a lose canon, but at the same time one of the nicest people they know.

Not exactly sure what that means, but I take it as a nice dude who will do basically anything... to make people happy? I dunno. :c

If I don't know a person, I usually will strike a conversation up, though. I'm not so shy, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    In a social situation, I usually am the quiet person. I just listen to others talking and dont speak up much. Im awkward like that.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • It used to be that people thought I was intimidating constantly, but lately i've been hearing stuff like:
    "You're a musician aren't you?" and "You seen like a musician, I think the hat really adds to it." :?

I don't mind being picked out as a musician I guess, as I am one. At least people don't avoid me now... (Instead they let their guard down. :} )

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm quiet but not awkward. I like to listen more than talk in social situations, unless I'm really into it in which case I'll contribute to the free flow.

I don't know how other people would describe me, though. You'd have to ask them!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I get told that I'm nice by a lot of people. I've started getting a little meaner lately but only because people joke around with me so I'm starting to get jokes myself (nice people don't get very far, apparently); otherwise I generally don't have a problem with someone and it takes awhile for me to really dislike someone.

Some people find me funny once they get to know me and once I understand what makes them laugh; until then I usually stray myself from saying anything funny to people I don't know well enough.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'm quite reserved and quiet. I prefer to listen and be in the background of a conversation rather than in its centre. But that doesn't mean I don't contribute, I just...seldom contribute haha.

Cavalreaper

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I have really bad social anxiety. I am very, VERY shy and quiet in real life. It takes me a long time to open up to people. If I don't know you well, I will pretty much be silent. You usually have to say something to me in order to get me to talk. It's kind of bad.

I am much more open online, which I why I like going on forums, etc.

I'm the same way. I'm pretty reclusive and quiet for the most part, especially around people I don't know. The only exception is when I'm working and when I'm with my friends.

In my field, half the time I'm dealing with animals, and half the time I'm dealing with people. I feel extremely comfortable in this environment, and I confidently answer any questions thrown my way. The problem is when I'm thrown into a situation where boundaries are crossed and where people are constantly pushing the envelope. Unfortunately, most things fall into the latter category. Situations aren't always predictable, and that makes me really anxious.

(Also, Rai, I love your avatar.)

Reactions: Rai

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Situations aren't always predictable, and that makes me really anxious.

(Also, Rai, I love your avatar.)

Exactly! Most situations are unpredictable and I get really anxious or nervous about what to say or how to react. I am always afraid that I am going to say or act wrongly in uncomfortable situations and end up making things even more awkward .-. I am glad someone else knows how I feel.

And yay thanks! :3 And I like the sleepy Persian in your signature, it is so cute!

Last edited:

Cavalreaper

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Exactly! Most situations are unpredictable and I get really anxious or nervous about what to say or how to react. I am always afraid that I am going to say or act wrongly in uncomfortable situations and end up making things even more awkward .-. I am glad someone else knows how I feel.

And yay thanks! :3 And I like the sleepy Persian in your signature, it is so cute!

Yeah. I like to know what's coming, which is why work environments are easier to deal with. If situations aren't predictable, and I'm constantly caught off guard, and it makes things pretty awkward.

Thank you!

Back