• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Ok, so my impressions so far are really good. A lot of the gym battles can be challenging, especially the triple battles.

I also like how the EVs you get early on are a lot more balanced now (in regular B/W, a lot of the pokemon you fight, wild or otherwise, give out attack EVs).

I just wanted to note one thing. In Black City (for Blaze Black), the rotation battle on the left (inside) has three good Pokemon at L88, then 3 L1 Bulbasaur, lol. The guy on the right just has the three members. I'm playing 3.02, btw.

That was the only thing I have noticed so far in terms of unfinished parts, everything else so far looks good.

Edit: Found another issue. Chili (rematch) has a Simisage instead of a Simisear. I think the moveset is fine (it used Fire Blast, lol) though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2011
Where and how do i download this? Do I need to download anything else?

I downloaded it but it says I need a rom. Where can I get one and how should I set it up?

Last edited:

Drayano

Axe me a question, I dare you.
Years
Game's been updated to 3.03b, fixing the majority of the bugs and pretty much ending production for the moment, since I've practically reached a ceiling. Hopefully, expect no further updates until scripting in B/W is possible.

Thanks for the bug reports by the way.

To find a ROM, use a search engine. They're usually not too tricky to find if you enter the right keywords. I can't really be any more specific than that, sorry.

Editing items uses the a/0/5/7 narc. I think I've explained how to do so before in this thread, or if not here then somewhere on Project Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
kso I'm stuck on Lenora..

I've got Staravia L26, Servine L26 & Munna L25. I know thats not many but I'm saving 2 spaces for Pokemon I wanna catch that can only be caught later in the game so can anybody suggest a good all round pokemon I can I have? maybe a good fighting?

Drayano

Years
Bleh, had to make another minor update to fix two things, sorry >>;

I can't think of anything in particular that'd help but if you can find a Sawk in Pinwheel Forest Outside or something that might help a little. Try the tall grass :3

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
I just downloaded and patched, but it freezes when juniper fades in. Help?

Drayano

Years
I'm going to assume you're using no$gba - if I'm right, you need to change the save type in emulator options from EEPROM 64k or whatever to Flash 512K.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
How do you get a Starter with the new ability? I'm playing with Desmume made a Save State right before opening the box, but after about 6 reloads the Snivy I choose still has the normal ability.

Patching worked like a charm and was really easy, and Juniper's monologue at the start is new, so I'm assuming all the other changes should have been applied, too.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
Yep, even though Desume is better, it dosnt like my computer. and Thanks a bunch.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2015
How do you get a Starter with the new ability? I'm playing with Desmume made a Save State right before opening the box, but after about 6 reloads the Snivy I choose still has the normal ability.

Patching worked like a charm and was really easy, and Juniper's monologue at the start is new, so I'm assuming all the other changes should have been applied, too.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

I'm not sure, but I think that it's the save state doing it. If my suspicion is correct, data for the pokemon was generated before you opened the box, possibly as far back as selecting "new game".

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Thanks bkwinner, I did a few complete resets and now I have a female Snivy with Contrary, so yeah ^^

This hack is awesome. It's like discovering MedianXL for Diablo 2 all over again.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I wanna play it so badly but I can't find a working black or white rom.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
So...
I'm very new to DS rom emulation and I'm having some problems with this, although I'm not sure if it is because of the hack, the rom I got or my PC or Windows.

I'm playing on the newest version of Desmume and used a clean rom, as instructed in the Readme.

However, now that I'm past the first town and have a few Pokémon on my PC, it started to lag quite a bit, especially in battle, where the FPS is more or less cut in half.

Can someone help me with that? And if this is the wrong place, maybe direct me to where such questions belong?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
again, i have a problem. I started using Desmume, and now exp gain dosn't work. help?

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Well, reading the features, it seems like this fixes everything I didn't like about BW, which is amazing, since there were very few things I didn't like about them. I will definetely use this for my challenges. Thank you very much.

Years
I'm definitely going to play this. I've got to say I think being able to encounter so many pokémon will seem a little unnatural, but I can live with that. It's the one or the other really.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Let me axe you a question (Lol). What programs have you used to edit the moves, types etc. of Pokemon? I just can't find one...

Back