• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anger

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Do you get angry? How do you deal with anger? Does it overwhelm you and ruin your day? Or do you rationalize out of it?

For me, it'll only ruin my day if I let it. I try to not get angry but sometimes you can't help it. Throwing on some calming or emotional music will help calm me down a fair bit. I usually try to do something to get my mind off of it while listening to the music. After loosening up a bit I'll think a little clearer and get over the issue. But if I don't do anything about it, it takes over completely and I only get steadily angrier, because the event in question will keep replaying in my head.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    When I get angry I'll slam doors and stuff, and usually I just get all sad. But it doesn't last too long, usually not enough to ruin my entire day. Often times I get angry at the most trivial things, which I then remember, aren't worth getting angry over in the first place.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    It takes a lot to make me truly angry. I mean a "lot". I'll admit, however, that when I do get angry, it probably is best to just leave me alone and let me get over it. I honestly don't get angry very much.

I get over it by listening to some Bach, or oddly enough, reading or writing. I usually cry at the end of my anger fits too, it helps get rid of any residual feelings.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Do you get angry? How do you deal with anger? Does it overwhelm you and ruin your day? Or do you rationalize out of it?

For me, it'll only ruin my day if I let it. I try to not get angry but sometimes you can't help it. Throwing on some calming or emotional music will help calm me down a fair bit. I usually try to do something to get my mind off of it while listening to the music. After loosening up a bit I'll think a little clearer and get over the issue. But if I don't do anything about it, it takes over completely and I only get steadily angrier, because the event in question will keep replaying in my head.
    This. If I am able to get my hands on music, it calms me down. If not, I tend to just keep it inside and let it ruin my day. Never really blow up at anyone.

Years
  • I'm very rarely ever angry; usually I just get frustrated. When I do get angry, I keep it to myself as long as I can. Given time, I'll calm down on my own. I'll stay quiet, maybe slam a few things harder than I should.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • normally i'm not an angry person i can tolerate annoying issues for a long time hard to let people get on my nervous...but there are things i hate can't handle to feel angry when it happens and when things get out of control i hate my reaction..cuz i know i'll regret it later so i try to control my nervous..and it do ruin my day.

there are people like to get on my nervous and they even take that as a challenge but i never give them the chance to win against me...*rolleyes* not never but i try! *teehee* :P

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • I have a shorter fuse than most people, and have had a past with dealing with my anger badly; I've slammed doors, screamed, hit random objects, etc. Recently my fuse has gotten a little longer, but when I actually do get mad, I tend to just shut up and ignore everything, because subconsciously I know I might say something wrong or just hurt someone... If I get really mad I cry and just walk away without saying anything. Getting angry usually ruins my whole day.

To cope when I'm angry, I listen to my most heavy metal music really loud, and write about what/who made me so angry. The next day I'm surprised about what I wrote.

I know I have anger problems but I've gotten A LOT better since I was like 12 : )

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm a very calm person and it takes a lot to make me angry. That shaking feeling you get when your blood boils and you start shaking out of anger happens very rarely for me. Usually that can go away when I say something extremely mean (for instance, I got really mad at a co-worker who was annoying me and I pretty much told him that I was terribly upset that he wasn't dead and wished he would die soon and that a perfect start to my work day would be coming in and finding out from our manager that he died) and then it goes away almost immediately.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm very calm when I'm angry. I channel the energy into writing *****y things and then I feel better about myself and whatever I'm angry about because anger gives me the power of awesome.

Call me Anger Man.

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
    Years
  • When I get angry I almost always accidentally take it out on my friends. I told them not to take it to heart when I do take it out on them... =x

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I do get angry sometimes. I tend to have the nastly habit of stewing in my anger and breweing over it, I usually keep it to myself since it would be not good for me to express it, mostly because most of my anger comes from things that happen online( as dumb as that sounds, it's true) Sometimes it ruins my day and sometimes I can go offline for a while, take a walk or do something else I need to and then I feel better. It really depends on the situation though.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I only get angry like a a couple of times a month. My daughter/Boyfriend aare mostly on the recieving end of it. To calm me down I need to look up Total wipeout videos on Youtube.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have a hard time controlling my anger, but when I do get angry, I try my best to control it, but if I can't, I have someone else talk to me about the situation. Then I go off and spend time on my own to cool down.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I get angry at irrational things more than people/things I can change. Like the wind being super strong or the dining hall being crowded. I think I get angrier because I know there's nothing I can do about it.

I get sad before I get angry though. When I get angry online, I tend to be pretty sharp in talking to people and also use really, really long paragraphs because I want to explain exactly how I feel to the person I'm talking to, but in real life I'm much more likely to complain to a friend later about being mad but not do anything in the moment.

Years
  • I get more frustrated and annoyed than angry. However, when I am actually angry, I am normally just quiet and just try to ignore it, but if I can't due to x,y,z things happening, I can be rather explosive if the situation calls for it.​

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I get angry at every little thing. Someone looks at me funny: angry. Someone walks incredibly slow in the hall: angry. I just realized I got angry over something dumb: angry. It isn't exactly something to be proud of, but it's true. Now, I don't erupt like a volcano or anything lol, I stay silent unless I have someone to vent to. I think my endless ranting and cursing probably puts people off though, so I've decided to just write about it to let off steam. Maybe that'll help a bit?

Sometimes I feel like the only way I can't get angry is if I stay shut inside my room xD

Back