• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Why the delay? Pokemon Bank/Transfer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
(Topic) Has anyone thought about this? I mean, it shouldn't take two months to setup and prepare a site solely for keeping Pokemon like a digital warehouse, right? Unless Game Freak has something in store for us that they won't reveal not until the closing days of the feature's release. Has anyone had this thought?

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
Might just be a way of making sure we don't all blast through the game with fully EV/Perfect IV pokemon that we have ready in previous games? *shrug*

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well they are probably making it 2 months so they can be sure there is no bug. Do you want your pokemon to be deleted completely because of a bug? They are also giving player time to finish the Kalos Dex and train them.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Might just be a way of making sure we don't all blast through the game with fully EV/Perfect IV pokemon that we have ready in previous games? *shrug*

That would be ineffective. You still need the badges to use them.

I think it's much better like this, honestly. People still blazed through the game, but there's no hacks. No cheating, no perfect Pokémon from your previous games. None of the absurdity that came with the DS games, ROMs and the Action Replay.

Everyone gets a fresh start. Everyone's on the same level.

Competitive battling has gotten more approachable. Breeding for perfection has gotten easier and more widespread.

Wonder Trade in particular has improved greatly since release. You still see quite a few junk Pokémon, but breeders are Wonder Trading their starters and rare Pokémon, and version exclusives -- I got an Adamant Mawile with five perfect IVs and a Modest Protean Froakie over Wonder Trade. "Casual" players trade their late-game catches hoping to get a smile out of someone earlier on in their journey. Some people even trade their legendaries.

Thanks to the delay of the Bank, players are less dependent on their older Pokémon; the competitive battling scene would be the exact same as before if it weren't for this. They get to find new life in training a brand new team.

The only thing I plan on using the Pokémon Transporter for now is sending over breedables and legendaries. I don't know if I'll even send my Battle Box from Black 2.

Now, on to the actual delay of the Bank: Game Sync's servers still get the "busy" message half a month into the game, and some of the Global Link features aren't even open yet. Pokémon Bank is going to be massive in comparison, meaning they need to seriously stress test the servers, modify accordingly (and repeat this process multiple times). Potentially losing your Pokémon over what could be years upon years of work (up to ten years thanks to Pal Park and the PokéTransporter of the 4th and 5th generations!) is nothing compared to the server downtime experienced in GTA V. It's perfectly understandable for the release to be months out.

Of course, I still like to believe that giving everybody a clean slate is one of the reasons for the delay.

Years
I think they are making sure it is a reliable service. Many websites these days if they have a set day with no prep time and little anticipation then they crash or lag the servers.
Hoping that they do a deal where they release one of the new event items for a legendary during it! :D

Years
I'm just hoping we get at least one of hoopa diancie or volcanion before the xy instalment. The bank has become the least of my hopes recently. At first it kinda pissed me off now I'm just like whatever, it is what it is

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
server issues are easy fixes, so that's not why it's still down, from what i've heard sounds like they didn't have it working right, hacked pokemon got through very easily. so probably working on that and making the service work in a way that would best suit them.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
It'd be nice if Nintendo would tell us something so we don't have to speculate so much....

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Don't revive dead threads, guys. There's a new thread about PokéBank right here, so if you want to discuss it, head there instead.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back