• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Try changing the flag to 40F6. Tell me if that works.

This...kind of worked. The level script runs, but instead of starting at the doorway you start at the middle of the room so the player and Bill are displaced. Then the script keeps starting over after it ends in a loop.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
This...kind of worked. The level script runs, but instead of starting at the doorway you start at the middle of the room so the player and Bill are displaced. Then the script keeps starting over after it ends in a loop.

Then it has to do with the vars the script uses being set and, probably, also the flags. So, look thrugh the script and note how the flags and vars are used and then make a script to reset them to the proper values for the script to run through and you should be fine.

Also, make sure you didn't use any of them in your own scripts. That is probably what caused the problems in the first place.

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
I fixed it. As is it turns out, I had the raw command for Step Up (Normal) instead of Step Left (Normal), and I was missing the Turn Down raw command for Dimetrus.

It's always the little things that get me, heh.

@Kurapika: I actually just realized the "copyvar 0x4031 0x4001" part of the original FR starter Pokemon selection script is to make sure the rival has the starter super-effective against the one you picked.
@Gyrath: Why are you still using that? Shouldn't you switch to XSE?

Last edited:

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
I fixed it. As is it turns out, I had the raw command for Step Up (Normal) instead of Step Left (Normal), and I was missing the Turn Down raw command for Dimetrus.

It's always the little things that get me, heh.

@Kurapika: I actually just realized the "copyvar 0x4031 0x4001" part of the original FR starter Pokemon selection script is to make sure the rival has the starter super-effective against the one you picked.
@Gyrath: Why are you still using that? Shouldn't you switch to XSE?

XSE won't work for me. I've tried literally everything. I installed everything as it should, looked up countless tutorial which work for people except me. Whenever I right click the compile option doesnt show up no matter what.

BACK TO MY QUESTION.

Today, I tried to add the regularpokedex in a script but It didn't work. I basically copied it off from the actual game but when I try to add it to a fellow scientist it doesn't work.

This is my script, basically It starts when you talk to the scientist who is blocking your path. He tells you that you should speak with Oak to be allowed entry. After talking with Oak and receiving your first pokemon, the scientist let's you through. THIS ALL WORKS.
Now, what I did was try add in that just before the fade and the scientist disappearance he gives you the regular pokedex. This just led to the screen freezing when it fades.

Script.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if == jump @disappearrock
message @comment
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @disappearrock
message @didevent
callstd MSG_NORMAL
Want Pokedex to be given here.
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
disappear 0x3
setflag 0x209
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
release
end

#org @comment
= This route has been blocked.\pTalk to PROF.Oak to be allowed\nentry.

#org @didevent
= You're a trainer now!\pI'll be seeing more of you in the\nfuture.

Does anyone how to add the normal pokedex in?

Aemirch

Hobbler
Years
Today, I tried to add the regularpokedex in a script but It didn't work. I basically copied it off from the actual game but when I try to add it to a fellow scientist it doesn't work.

This is my script, basically It starts when you talk to the scientist who is blocking your path. He tells you that you should speak with Oak to be allowed entry. After talking with Oak and receiving your first pokemon, the scientist let's you through. THIS ALL WORKS.
Now, what I did was try add in that just before the fade and the scientist disappearance he gives you the regular pokedex. This just led to the screen freezing when it fades.
Did the following events happen?

1. You compile your script into the ROM.
2. You attain a brilliant idea of adding the regularpokedex somewhere among the lines of your script.
3. You open said script, add your new command(s) and compile it again.
4. You test your edited script, eager to acquire results.
4. The script is now infested with script cancer, and freezes at some part.

If these are true, then I am afraid your script will not live with us for much longer. You see, once you compile a script, adding data to it then compiling it again is like stitching extra hands to a man's head; he will never be a man again. The script will malfunction, because added data overwrites some data already compiled and, ugh, boring, bad stuff happens. You should only compile an already compiled script again if you remove or replace data inside it and making sure that what you're doing isn't adding more bytes to the script. So, the solution is to just make a new script with the new commands, and compile it.

However, if the above didn't happen, then I am guilty of misinformation and will be hanged from a tree shortly.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
XSE won't work for me. I've tried literally everything. I installed everything as it should, looked up countless tutorial which work for people except me. Whenever I right click the compile option doesnt show up no matter what.

BACK TO MY QUESTION.

Script.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
message @comment
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @disappearrock
message @didevent
callstd MSG_NORMAL
Want Pokedex to be given here.
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
disappear 0x3
setflag 0x209
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
release
end

#org @comment

#org @didevent

Does anyone how to add the normal pokedex in?

First of all if you're doing this in xse, half of these commands won't work.
If your not sure about if you have the newest xse click here
Second of all a lot of info can be found on diegoawesome's tutorial click here

red = put in
blue = take out

#dyn 0x740000 I personally do #dynamic 0x9C0000, but that's just me

#org @main
#org @start (I don't know if you can use main or not, use start instead)
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
checkflag 0x0x829, as this is the pokedex (special 0x16F activates the national dex)
if 0x1 goto @disappearrock (you can also use jump)
message @comment
msgbox @comment 0x6 (0x6 is the main messaging)
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @disappearrock
message @didevent
msgbox @didevent 0x6
callstd MSG_NORMAL
setflag 0x829 (Use this if hacking firered/leafgreen, diegoisawesome lists all of them)
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
fadescreen 0x1 turns it black
disappear 0x3
setflag 0x209, you don't need this extra flag
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
fadescreen 0x0, makes it go back to normal
release
end

#org @comment

#org @didevent

I didn't compile this but it should work, read diegoisawesome's tutorial thoroughly, it should help you with all the necessities, don't try to compile compiled scripts like aemirch said, it won't work out well in the end.

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
First of all if you're doing this in xse, half of these commands won't work.
If your not sure about if you have the newest xse click here
Second of all a lot of info can be found on diegoawesome's tutorial click here

red = put in
blue = take out

#dyn 0x740000 I personally do #dynamic 0x9C0000, but that's just me

#org @main
#org @start (I don't know if you can use main or not, use start instead)
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
checkflag 0x0x829, as this is the pokedex (special 0x16F activates the national dex)
if 0x1 goto @disappearrock (you can also use jump)
message @comment
msgbox @comment 0x6 (0x6 is the main messaging)
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @disappearrock
message @didevent
msgbox @didevent 0x6
callstd MSG_NORMAL
setflag 0x829 (Use this if hacking firered/leafgreen, diegoisawesome lists all of them)
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
fadescreen 0x1 turns it black
disappear 0x3
setflag 0x209, you don't need this extra flag
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
fadescreen 0x0, makes it go back to normal
release
end

#org @comment

#org @didevent

I didn't compile this but it should work, read diegoisawesome's tutorial thoroughly, it should help you with all the necessities, don't try to compile compiled scripts like aemirch said, it won't work out well in the end.

I'm using PKSV. So everything that I've already supplied works.

Years
Hi guys, I'm trying to see if I can edit/add new abilities and I run into this piece of hex datas that look like some table containing data in a specific layout "XX XX 00 00".
So, I am wondering what kind of data is stored like that?!
Spoiler:

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Hi guys, I'm trying to see if I can edit/add new abilities and I run into this piece of hex datas that look like some table containing data in a specific layout "XX XX 00 00".
So, I am wondering what kind of data is stored like that?!
Spoiler:

If you're trying to edit abilites why don't you just use the program for it?

Years
They only allow you to edit names and descriptions, I want to do stuff like adding new abilities. And actually I posted the question in the wrong thread. -.-'

Years
Okay, I am trying to script the National Dex into my first rom hack. My rom hack is based on FireRed. [v1.0 US]. I am having trouble scripting I guess. xD I am in need of someone to help me script the national dex into my rom hack. I followed this tutorial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_RGwVHVIoY ,but the result was nothing but the, receive item sound. .-. This is the script I was using.

Spoiler:

Is anyone willing to help me script in the national dex, or do it for me. I know I sound stupid, but I am in need of just completing this last thing in my hack. =D So, people, look into your hearts and help me. Thanks. =3

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Okay, I am trying to script the National Dex into my first rom hack. My rom hack is based on FireRed. [v1.0 US]. I am having trouble scripting I guess. xD I am in need of someone to help me script the national dex into my rom hack. I followed this tutorial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_RGwVHVIoY ,but the result was nothing but the, receive item sound. .-. This is the script I was using.

Spoiler:

Is anyone willing to help me script in the national dex, or do it for me. I know I sound stupid, but I am in need of just completing this last thing in my hack. =D So, people, look into your hearts and help me. Thanks. =3

Red = put
blue = take out

Use diegoisawesome's tutorial on scripting, it's really helpful.

#org 0x800000
#dynamic 0x9C0000, this is how you start

#org @start, this is what you copy
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
checkflag 0x829, this checks the flag you later put
if 1 jump 0x800050
if 0x1 goto @done, this means that if you talk to the person again it goes to @done
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x829, activates the pokedex
special 0x16F, this activates the national dex
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800100, that's too complicated
msgbox @1 0x6, 0x6 means normal msgbox
release
end

#org 0x800050
#org @done
msgbox 0x800070
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @2
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org @1
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

That should work.

Years
Okay, I think I understood what you said. If I did, correctly, this should be my result script.

HTML:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @done
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @2
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org @1

Okay, I now have the script, correct. Now, how do I add it to my game. Could you help me? I just need a well explained and detailed explanation, nothing complicated, because I get confused easily. :/

~Thanks!

Aemirch

Hobbler
Years
Okay, I now have the script, correct. Now, how do I add it to my game. Could you help me? I just need a well explained and detailed explanation, nothing complicated, because I get confused easily. :/

~Thanks!
Let's do this step by step.
1. Open A-Map, and load your ROM.
2. Go to a map, any map, go to the events tab, select an overworld (a person) and double-click on the 'Open script' command on the right part of your screen, where there are some stats.
3. XSE should open. Delete the open script and remove the number in the offset box (a small box with '0x' and a bigger one with numbers/letters, delete that one)
3,5. If you get a message 'script editor not found', then do this. Go to 'settings', then choose 'choose script editor', and go to your XSE folder, and choose XSE. Press 'yes' in the following window.
4. Copy your script from here and paste it there.
5. You see an icon with two gears? That's the compile icon. Press it.
6. You should see a small window appear which tells you that a number of offsets have been compiled into the ROM. We are only interested in the first number, which in your case, is 800000.
7. Close XSE, go back to A-Map, go to the person you want this script to work on, select it and have a look on the right part again: Above 'Open Script', there is a 'Script Offset' box, which may or may have some number on it. Change the number to 800000 (don't forgt to leave the $ sign on before the number).
8. Save.
9. Voila.

Last edited:

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Okay, I think I understood what you said. If I did, correctly, this should be my result script.

HTML:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto @done
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @2
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org @1

~Thanks!

Just open your rom in a-map, on settings or whatever its called click choose script editor, click xse, click the guy you want in a-map change the value to 9000000 (filled box), put your script there, press the gears thing, a pop up thing should pop up, the one that says "start" copy that, go back to a-map and your guy, click the box that had 9000000 and type 00 and the number that you copied, then save and test it out in the emulator!

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Hi, if I use the "getplayerpos" which variables can I use? Are unused ones ok? And let's say the player is at (10,1B) and I want to check it.

Do I say 'compare 0x(x-variable) 0x10'?
and then 'if 0x01 got @blah'.

Also where would I sneak in syntax such as > 0x10 or <0x10?

Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back