• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away."

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    STARS ARE JUST AMAZING!!
    When i can't sleep i just watch the stars <3 <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ahhh, I love looking at the stars! It doesn't top seeing the sunset when there are just enough clouds in the sky but stars are up there in things that are gorgeous about nature. Though sadly I can really identify only one constellation in the sky and that's Orion's Belt I still enjoy looking up at them from time to time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to be a lot more impressed with them but since there's so much light pollution in Toronto where I've mainly lived for the last decade, there's not really a whole lot to see. More stars are noticeable out where I am now but not by a whole lot. So I don't really care much now.

But if I'm out at a campsite or the relative wilderness (which is a rarity but still happens!), I almost always take notice and I'll stop to really appreciate it when I do.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I tend to only really notice them:

1) Christmastime, dunno why. Seems to be when I bother looking XD

2) At the beach. Call me a cliche online dating profile, but I enjoy taking walks on the beach in the evening XD Stars are out and visible then.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I love them. They make me question everything. The closest star to us is about 4 light years away, absolutely no chance that humans will be able to travel there with our current technology. Our galaxy, the Milky Way, is approx. 100,000 light years across - just remember that light travels 300,000km per second, or 9.5 trillion km a year, and it takes 100,000 years for it to travel this galaxy - and we are just one galaxy out of billions! Space is incomprehensibly huge, and I love it, I love there is just so much to explore, but I'm also sad that we'll never be able to see most of it in our lifetime. I can see the stars at my home, but at campus at uni I think there is probably too much light pollution.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The night sky always fascinated me (though when I was younger the moon and the idea of aliens scared me), and it still does. I always like going outside in the later hours of the night when everything is quiet and clear, and I look up and just feel really small.

Winter's my absolute favorite time to be stargazing. I can recognize the constellations easier, especially Orion, which has always been and always will be my favorite constellation. (If I ever get lost, I hope it's in the wintertime and at night!) Plus the weather is cooler and the sky clearer, especially where I am.

Stargazing is amazingly fun, and I love just sitting outside on my swing, staring up and seeing so many wonderful things.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • Stars,one of my favourite things to look at when I need something to inspire or think deeply about.They're beautiful in my opinion and I always felt like an ant,seeing stars thinking of all those other planets in different galaxies,spinning around their own sun.

When I was younger,around 4 I thought stars had aliens to be honest n_n.I used to wait for the day where I'd see an aeroplane and exclaim"It's a UFO,Dad!" and then be corrected xD. I still do that,sometimes :3.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • To me, stars were a passing fad - incredible, extraordinary things as a small child, something unimpressive that I see every night now.

Back