• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What happend to Gary?!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryFan99

#1 Gary Oak Fan
Years
I'm sorry if this has been asked before in some other thread, or if this is just a lame one but...WHAT HAPPEND TO GARY OAK!?!?!? I have no desire to watch ANY of the Hoen, battle fronteir, advance battle, or any other newer crap since the old days. I know I might be living in the past but, will Gary ever retern?! If so, can you tell me witch episodes?:cheeky:

bmah

B.A.M.
Years
I think he stopped being Ash's rival and went off to work as a Pokemon researcher with prof. Oak. That's probably why he hasn't made many appearances.

operative123

Ashley Tisdale Luva #1!!!!!!!
Years
gary

I forgot witch episode but Gary is now working on being a scientist.He is working on bringing fossilised pokemon to be real pokemon.He got in to trouble in 1 episode because he brought to life an Aerodactyl and it caused so much havoc.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
Well, he appears in a flashback in the BF Saga (Epi#463: "The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!"), and Ash meets him in person in Sinnoh fairly early in the Sinnoh Saga*, and Gary has an Electivire too

*Actually, its the last episode in the BF (Epi#468) where he sees him again

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Okies. Gray. I miss him a lot but here are the episodes that he been in after his final one back in Johto during the Silver Conference where after he was defeated by Ash he annouce he would become a pokemon researcher like his grandfather.

His first apperence after the Silver Conference was in a Pokemon Chronicles in the episode Putting the Air Back In Aerodactyl. We see how he is doing as a researcher and that he was working in anicent pokemon.

One of the recent Battle Frountier episodes, The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!. Ash recieve a letter from Gary where he has something like a flashback with Gary that helps Ash find his battle spirit again. There we learn that Gary had made Sinnoh his research base.

Then in the final Battle Frountier episode that will be shown in a few weeks from now he will make an apperence.

I hope that helps a lots.

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
Years
Why has Gary chosen to be a Pkmn researcher??! Why?! The horror!
..jk, I am a bit overreacting :P but if Gary is out of the scene then who's gonna be Ash's rival??

I so miss Gary's cheerleaders. They were so funny :P

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Satoshi not having a rival was one of his downfalls for his character in Hoenn. He had no one to defeat, so he didn't try to battle as hard. In Kanto, he was always saying that he wanted to be better than Shigeru, so he tried his hardest. In Hoenn, he had an easy streak. So that's why it was good that in the League for Hoenn, he had Masamune, who made him try harder again. It was good to see that old spark in Satoshi again.

GaryFan99

#1 Gary Oak Fan
Years
Thanks alot Miss Reyna, and the rest of you! BTW, does anybody know where I might be able to see these episodes online?

bmah

B.A.M.
Years
You can find episodes in most major torrent websites. Just search google for the episode you want.
Also check the episode request thread in this forum.

Hoshi

just myself....
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2015
He died. Hoshi killed him.

Er...he's in ur labratories, bein a researcher.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
..jk, I am a bit overreacting :P but if Gary is out of the scene then who's gonna be Ash's rival??
You'll find out when the new D/P season gets dubbed. Or if you watch it now in RAW.

But then again if you go back, you see that Ash had no rival since AG because Gary kinda left and was never seen until recently.
There we learn that Gary had made Sinnoh his research base.
That could also mean we may see more of Gary

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Satoshi not having a rival was one of his downfalls for his character in Hoenn. He had no one to defeat, so he didn't try to battle as hard. In Kanto, he was always saying that he wanted to be better than Shigeru, so he tried his hardest. In Hoenn, he had an easy streak. So that's why it was good that in the League for Hoenn, he had Masamune, who made him try harder again. It was good to see that old spark in Satoshi again.

That will then makes lots of sense for Ash during the Hoenn League. I was wondering why Ash didn't improve from the Silver Cup like he usallay does. Without having a good steady rivil he had no reason to really push himself and he only got top 8. Yep. Explains a lot.

I think Gary looks cute in a lab coat.

I do hope we get to see Gray in Sinnoh but so far nothing.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
btw, rival-wise, Shinji is Ash's (or Satoshi's, in this context) current rival.
But its not like they were life-long rivals or anything, so it still wouldnt be the same nonetheless.

Years
Actually, Gary was in Johto, but he wasn't omnipresent like in Kanto, and that might have a good deal to do with it. Plus his lack of attachment to Harrison. Anyway, I think the thread has run its course.

Locking. Thank you for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back