• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My opinion on this site, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciaran

Banned
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Okay, i've been on this site for 1 day, and using freedom of speech, even though this will most definatly be closed. Here are some things i would like to say,

the moderaters i find, are very mean and unkind.
    It's one of the things that pushes me away from this site, if there's a thread on something, and there might be one the same from AGES ago, then the current one will be closed and linked to the other, which i find is so frickin' stupid.

and threads are moved quite alot.
    and the forums layout, in my opinion, is pretty messed about, i can't even find the ****ing trading corner without help from my friend.
    So mainly, it's the moderators that get at me the most, their too strict and are plain mean.
    anyways, it's only my opinion.

i'm going to give the site a week or two more.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Freedom of speech is a constitutional right, but when you're on a forum there are rules.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Why didn't you use the find button on your internet browser and look for "trade"? Or, look at the descriptions for each section.

Years
  • Moderators are strict if you completely ignore the sticky rules or don't look for a thread and just make your own even if there is an existing topic.

Threads are moved often because the users don't read the rules and post it in the wrong section, so the moderators do their job and move them to the correct boards.

If you want staff to get on with you, read the rules, follow them and you will be fine and won't have to see the bad side of them.​

Ciaran

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Why didn't you use the find button and look for "trade"? Or, look at the descriptions for each section.

becuase i cannot find that either.

Moderators are strict if you completely ignore the sticky rules or don't look for a thread and just make your own even if there is an existing topic.

Threads are moved often because the users don't read the rules and post it in the wrong section, so the moderators do their job and move them to the correct boards.

If you want staff to get on with you, read the rules, follow them and you will be fine and won't have to see the bad side of them.​

too many rules for such a simple forum.
    it's a pokemon one, you could have most stuff in half the categories.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Huh...there's a link to the Trade Corner on the main page. I never use the main page anymore, just the new posts link, but I did that just to make sure, and yep, it's there, under Wi-Fi because it's pretty rare to find someone on an online forum that just happens to be close enough to you that you don't need to use it. The description even says "Check out the subforums for battling and trading over Wi-Fi." I think that's your bad, not the forum's.

I can't speak about the moderators because I haven't really had any run-ins with them, but I will say that because they lock things doesn't make them "mean" at all, just moderators. That's what they do. That's their job. If you don't want a moderator to, well, moderate, then maybe a forum isn't for you. :/ I have a feeling this opinion is based off of this thread being locked and redirected to one started in early February (ages? Weeks? You decide!), but if you looked at that thread, you would see that the last post in it was today.

Years
  • becuase i cannot find that either.
    too many rules for such a simple forum.
    it's a pokemon one, you could have most stuff in half the categories.

To find something.
    ctrl + F (Windows) cmd + F (Mac) > type in word > find word

The forum caters for many different types of members, so having these different boards makes everyone happy.
    If you don't like the forum, then don't waste your time.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yup, you nailed us. We're all asterisks.

Zet

Years
  • You've been here one day and you magically know that mods are mean? clearly you're a liar and are on an alt. account. And if you can't even find the trade thread I have some bad news about your eyesight, even a blind 3 year old kid could find the trade thread. Stuff gets moved around a lot because people don't make it in the right section. If you can't find the trade section with ctrl + f, please check to make sure you are spelling trade or trading correctly.

>troll detected.

Years
  • ah **** this, your all ****s in my opinion.

Andddddd this is exactly why the moderators get annoyed with you. Regardless of if it is your opinion, you should put it across in a less, arrogant way.

If you have some constructive criticism for the site, please say so. But don't just say it is crap and the staff are mean.​

Years
  • Rules make society function. A forum is a private institution. A private institution can implement whatever rules it chooses. PokeCommunity is a very fair site and the rules aren't very restricting at all compared to other boards I've been to.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Cilian, please ignore the others who are grilling you for posting feedback. How horrible of you to post your opinion of your time here!

I'm sorry your experience here hasn't been a very pleasant one in the day you've been here. Know that we appreciate your feedback, but I'll just address a few things to help you better understand.

First and foremost, I have to say, that the staff here may seem to be mean, but we really aren't. There's a fine line between being mean and being blunt, which most of the moderators are. Being mean would be disrespectful. We're just doing our job, and like everyone, at times we get frustrated and it reflects in our post. If a moderator you feel is being outright mean, address it to a higher staff member (a super moderator, assistant administrator, staff administrator, or administrator), and they'll be dealt with accordingly. But some moderators are "strict" here for a reason.

I'm sure you've taken notice that we have a fairly large community. Due to that, which leads to the threads being moved problem you have, we have a lot of duplicated threads, threads that don't belong in some forums, and rule breakers. We need to keep the forums clean, so threads that don't belong in one forum needs to be moved to another. If a thread is already existing, and someone posts a thread that fits into that, some moderators lock it - some moderators move the thread. It's just an effort to keep the forums clean a easy to navigate.

I don't understand how you had problems finding the trade area. Trading is done by wifi, wifi is current, so it's found in the current generation category. The wifi forum is divided between battling and trading, which are the only two aspects you can really use wifi for. But I do sympathize with you. For a newcomer, the forums aren't as easy to understand as someone who's been here for a while and I do agree that the forums can be very difficult at times. But if you use ctrl + f, and search for a keyword, then I'm sure you can find the forum you're looking for.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Saying this is a pokemon forum justifies the disregard of rules? And if it is so simple then why couldn't you find Trading Corner since it's "simply" located on the sub forum listing under Wifi Center. I don't understand how the Staff is mean in moving and locking a topic? It more like indifferent, they get a report they respond to that said report there is nothing emotional about it. Staff are here to help not hurt, so don't hate them for doing their jobs. And if you needed help Navigating the Site we have plenty of people in New Users forum more then welcome to give guidance to new members.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I don't have a problem with most of the staff but there are definitely some who think too much of themselves and don't know how to properly use the ~powers~ bestowed upon them. But that's just my opinion, please don't gang bang me!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I think you need to calm down a bit. There's no reason for the name calling.

Regarding what I said, it was just a general statement. Freedom of speech is irrelevant on a forum where there are rules you agree to abide by, so you really didn't need to mention it. That's all I was pointing out.

I'll also mention that in C&T, I generally advise against posting in old threads unless you have something really important to add.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • twocows said:
    Regarding what I said, it was just a general statement. Freedom of speech is irrelevant on a forum where there are rules you agree to abide by, so you really didn't need to mention it. That's all I was pointing out.

I agree with Patchisou Yotohru on the whole deal, but I wanted to add to what twocows said above. Freedom of Speech may be in the American Constitution, but this site isn't run by that, now is it? There are people on this forum that don't abide by the American Constitution because they don't live in the United States. Wouldn't it be odd for them to have to be following another's country's Constitution? So the "freedom of speech" thing isn't really relevant here.

If you're having trouble with a particular moderator though, confront the higher staff (orange, green, red, purple) about them, or even the moderator in question, just don't do it in a jerkish way, I advise.

And in regards to the thread revival rule, I'm sorry you feel it's stupid, but when people start posting in threads that are long dead and have little to nothing that could be added to them, it's just cluttery.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • You have eight posts - you've likely not encountered every moderator. Insulting us as a group reflects poorly on you, especially since we all just enforce the rules; if that seems 'mean' to you then that's a problem with you, not with the forum. And insulting our very straight-forward forum layout is somewhat ridiculous, since you've only been on the forum for one day.

And to be honest, with the way you're representing yourself, I wouldn't be sad to see you go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back