• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make the most overpowered Pokemon you can think of.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 26, 2014
Pretty simple topic that's just for fun. Just take any Pokemon that currently exists and think of a combination of abilities and moves that would make them extremely overpowered. (You can use abilities and moves the Pokemon you are using does not have access to.)

Here's an example:
Pokemon: Deoxys Attack Form
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Extreme Speed, and Fire Punch
Item: Focus Sash

Last edited:

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Pokemon: Gengar (Mega)
Ability: Adaptability (Raises STAB moves to x2)/ Wonder Gaurd
Moves: Shadow Force, Draco Meteor, Rock Polish, Ice Burn
Item: Ghost Gem (Idk, I bet there could be a better item for it.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Pokemon: Slaking
Moves: Head Smash, Flare Blitz, Double Edge, Rest
Item: Chesto Berry

All-out Attack, use Rest, Repeat

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Pokemon: Xerneas
Moves: Geomancy, Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon, Moonblast, Psystrike
Item: Power Herb

Pokemon: Aron
Level: 1
Moves: Endeavor, Protect, Sleep Talk, Toxic
Item: Shell Bell

Pokemon: Cloyster
Moves: Shell Smash, Icicle Spear, Rock Throw, etc
Item: Focus Sash

of all of these, I think Xerneas is the most threatening to most teams as after it's Geomancy'd in one turn thanks to the power herb, can proceed to one-shot all other X&Y Available legendary pokemon, devastate common stallers such as Chancey and is able to slowly chip away at shuckle even with it's constant rests. Xerneas' only true opponent is Scizor, as it's still the only pokemon that can outspeed Xerneas' 2x speed stat boost with bullet punch and do a 1-hit KO. Aegislash is another potential opponent with iron head, however Xerneas is typically able to land it's Thunderbolt first and takes it's health down to yellow, and if iron head fails to 1-shot Xerneas...

Need proof of Xerneas' OP?
Check out my 6 vs 1 Battle with your Vs. Recorder: HKGG-WWWW-WWW3-78SM

P.S. this battle is prior to my resetting and redoing Xerneas' EVs for speed and special attack. At the time of this battle, Xerneas' EVs were still default from using Xerneas during the normal gameplay story.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Spiritomb and Sableye with Wonder Guard would certainly be overpowered. They're not weak to anything besides fairy, so if you didn't have any fairy-type attacks in your moveset, you wouldn't be able to touch them at all. Blissey with Thick Fat would also be pretty powerful, which would make its damage reduced by fifty-percent whenever it got struck by either ice- or fire-type hits. If Scizor got Moxie, it'd be turned quite powerful as well. As soon it gets its Attack raised with Moxie, it could wipe almost all of your opponent's team out with only a few Bullet Punches. d:

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
386-defense.gif

Deoxys-D @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
ExtremeSpeed
X-Scissor
Zen Headbutt
Ice Punch

Covers most types I believe, w/ Huge Power ExtremeSpeed I don't think he will have much of a problem taking out Water, Ice, or Fire. Psycho takes out any ghosts/fight. X-scissor for Dark/Psychic/Grass. Ice Punch for Dragon, Ground and Flying types. Replace Extreme with Fire Punch or Bullet Punch.

Last edited:
Years
I can think of couple broken ability and combinations: Simple + Tail Glow, Contrary + V-Create, Prankster + Spore, etc...

Spiritomb and Sableye with Wonder Guard would certainly be overpowered. They're not weak to anything besides fairy, so if you didn't have any fairy-type attacks in your moveset, you wouldn't be able to touch them at all.
Wonder Guard Spiritomb and Sableye have lost their niche, as many other Pokemon are weak to only one type anyways. However, Electric types and Dark/Poison types can still "abuse" Wonder Guard with Air Balloon.

Blissey with Thick Fat would also be pretty powerful, which would make its damage reduced by fifty-percent whenever it got struck by either ice- or fire-type hits.
Blissey doesn't care much about special attacks (which fire and ice types mostly consist of) anyways; it's still owned by fighting-types. Imposter Blissey, on the other hand, would be broken.

Last edited:

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
464.gif

Rhyperior @ Choice Scarf
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Nature: Timid (-SpA, +Spe?) I'm not sure, it's off the top of my head.
Ability: Mold Breaker
Earthquake
Swords Dance/Mach Punch/Stone-Edge (Jesus christ, imagine that +2 Mach Punch.)
Fire Punch
ExtremeSpeed

Took me like two seconds to think of it, but I think it would do pretty well. (I mean not the best, but okay). I just wish he was a bit faster, but what can you expect from a giant walking rock.

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
For an OP offensive threat:
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Speed Boost
~ Crunch
~ Brave Bird
~ Belly Drum/Swords Dance
~ King's Shield

Dark/Flying is an outstanding offensive combination, resisted only by four Pokemon, so Brave Bird and Crunch for STABs. Swords Dance or Belly Drum to boost Attack, depends really on how much you like to gamble. ;) King's Shield gives Honchkrow a free Speed Boost and lowers your opponent's Attack if it makes contact with you.

For an OP defensive threat:
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
~ Recover
~ Taunt/Will-O-Wisp
~ Cotton Guard
~ Taunt/Toxic

Prankster is already an incredibly annoying ability. Combine that with Cotton Guard makes Chansey almost impossible to break on either side. Recover to recover lost health obviously. Chansey's poor offenses means that Toxic and Will-O-Wisp make the best "attacking" moves. Taunt also works well with Prankster.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Blaziken ability is speedboost or moxie moves sky uppercut, bravebird, poisonjab, and volt tackle item life orb

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
This sounds like fun.

images

Black Kyurem w/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Protect, Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Fusion Bolt

That sounds incredibly destructive. It's sorta like Speed Boost Blaziken, but with better bulk and base 170 Attack. Just wish I could do 5 moves, throw Ice Punch or something in there too.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

I mean seriously, nothing is going to be able to take an unresisted attack from this thing. Nothing.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Shuckle @Assault Vest.
Nature: Impish.
Ability: Sandstorm.
Ivs: 0 speed.
EVs: 252 defense, 252 HP, 4 attack.
Moves:

Toxic.
Protect.
Gyro Ball.
Recover

One word: OP.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Shuckle @Assault Vest.
Nature: Impish.
Ability: Sandstorm.
Ivs: 0 speed.
EVs: 252 defense, 252 HP, 4 attack.
Moves:

Toxic.
Protect.
Gyro Ball.
Recover

One word: OP.
Except for one thing, Assault Vest makes it so that Shuckle can only use offensive moves. So it can't be using Toxic, Protect, or Recover.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
Bold Nature

- Recover
- Mirror Coat / Counter
- Encore
- Toxic

With Recover and Toxic, Wobbuffet would be a true nightmare. It would go Uber instantly and make stall teams completely obsolete.

Back