• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make a bridge

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I want to create a bridge similar to the one in Roark's gym.A bridge that you can walk under it in any direction,while at the same time not being able to walk off when you are on it.Is that possible?

I have set the bridges .it seems I can walk both over and under no problem,but I can also jump of if I go down or up.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Go to your Database to Tilesets, then look at the "Passage (4 dir)" from your Bridge. The Tiles, there are at the Most left or right side, you Must deactivate that you can go more left or more right :)

Sorry for my english, I'm German :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I know what you mean but if I disable the passage from those directions,I will make it impossible for the player to go underneath,one solution would be to put some invisible blocks that don't allow movement
from a single direction,so I then would be able to restict up movement while allow down, the problem is that the bridge tiles are 1 square wide so it would be impossible to implement.

Another thing I just thought is to set some events on the sides of the bridge that would turn Through ON for the player.This would be extremely dangerous,what if the player decides not to go under the bridge.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Have you considered looking at the several examples of bridges in the example maps? They work just fine.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I just can't do it. I'll simply remove that bridge.The bridge scripts are all over the place and are dependent on other scripts ,meaning that it's really difficult to edit and keep track,thanks for your help anyways.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Honestly, you don't need to fiddle with any scripts. I did all the script-related stuff when I wrote the bridge scripts.

All you need is to set your bridge tiles to terrain tag 15, priority 4, and give them movement permissions as if you were walking on them (i.e. can walk east/west but not north/south for your bridge). Then use two (sets of) events for each of the bridge, which call pbBridgeOn or pbBridgeOff depending on whether they're nearer or further from the ends of the bridge respectively - see the example maps.

It's not difficult.

Back