• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
yes..... That would be the one.

okay, i got this from the sailor guy at southern island

Spoiler:

now, if i want to make this ferry will comeback at slateport city
what i have to change... ?

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2019
You're using an old XSE version. Get the new one from Gamer2020's tool thread. You will then need to change your msgbox command to look like this:

msgbox @pointer 0xX

Where X is:

0x2 = it's a normal message box, with inbuilt lock and faceplayer (so if you want to use this, then you don't need the lock and faceplayer command).
0x3 = it's a message box for signposts (like "WELCOME TO PALLET TOWN").
0x5 = it's a message box for yes/no scripts.
0x6 = it's a normal message box.

Tried, same script, same position, using the unofficial XSE, game frozen too. I really don't know what can i do more.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Tried, same script, same position, using the unofficial XSE, game frozen too. I really don't know what can i do more.

here try this one
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2019
When i go upper the script, the game become frozen, all stop and i can't move the character anymore.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
When i go upper the script, the game become frozen, all stop and i can't move the character anymore.

Make sure there aren't any level scripts interfering with your script. Also, make sure every parameter of the person event are correct.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2019
Nope, i insert just scrips, not persons.

If i insert a person, the message appear but after that all the screen (of vba) become red and the game freeze.

Last edited:

Wobbu

Years
Nope, i insert just scrips, not persons.

How are you activating your script, then?

EDIT: I saw your screenshot. It's because you need to change the parameters of your script tile. Set the var to 4050 and the value to 0300.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2019

EDIT: I saw your screenshot. It's because you need to change the parameters of your script tile. Set the var to 4050 and the value to 0300.

It works! Thanks very much. I have to set a 'value' for person's events too?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
It works! Thanks very much. I have to set a 'value' for person's events too?

Read this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347 It will explain all.

Don't tell people to do that. If they the remove the first few scripts of the game, that script won't run.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Anyone know what is wrong with my script? I've tried making similar to the Battle Pyramid, since I couldn't manage to take away the bag, I've tried checking for items that would give the player an advantage in the challenge. It seems to always to go to $stop even when I don't have the items that are being checked.

I've tried if 0x04, if 4 and if B_>=.
Spoiler:

Any idea?

Wobbu

Years
okay , now how about my ferry script...
heheheh

This may help you. They're excerpts from Lilycove's script.

Spoiler:

Commands include checklag, setflag, spriteinvisible, applymovement, msgbox, and warp.

Anyone know what is wrong with my script? I've tried making similar to the Battle Pyramid, since I couldn't manage to take away the bag, I've tried checking for items that would give the player an advantage in the challenge. It seems to always to go to $stop even when I don't have the items that are being checked.

I've tried if 0x04, if 4 and if B_>=.
Spoiler:

Any idea?

Well, I'm not familiar with this syntax, but changing if 4 goto $stop to if 0 goto $stop may fix the problem.

Don't tell people to do that. If they the remove the first few scripts of the game, that script won't run.

:3c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back