• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patching Roms on a Mac

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I've been having trouble recently finding a way to patch roms on a new Mac. On my old computer, I had no problem but the new Macs that run Lion can't run Power PC apps and almost all of the patchers out there are PPC. The only thing that I've been able to download that is an IPS patcher is MultiPatch, but for some reason that doesn't seem to work at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
If it's .ips patching you're looking into, when I used a Mac I just used Wine to use Lunar IPS and thus was all was well. If you're using a different kind of patch though, I'm not entirely sure.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
On Mac (especially if Intel-only) the best one I've found is MultiPatch. But really, just run your Windows IPS patcher of choice through Wine. For me, I prefer WinIPS

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Figured it out. Used wine and winIPS. Never had ventured into that kind of programming stuff before, but very satisfying when i figured it out. Thanks guys!

Back