• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • I vote for option number... 3 and that is... complete version! :D
    Now jokes aside.
    I go for number two (if number 3 won't do :D) just like most of you.
    I'd like to see at least a peek of continuation =)

Is there any place I can get a thunderstone other than Lass Dana, I'd rather buy one or something, I wanna evolve my Eevee into a Jolteon :p
    You see... you weren't able to buy stones in G/S/C so it's obvious you won't be able to buy it in LC =)

iwelshykid

Welshy
    Years
  • I vote for option number... 3 and that is... complete version! :D
    Now jokes aside.
    I go for number two (if number 3 won't do :D) just like most of you.
    I'd like to see at least a peek of continuation =)

You see... you weren't able to buy stones in G/S/C so it's obvious you won't be able to buy it in LC =)

But whyyy that means I can't evolve the Eevee into anything :( Except for Vaporeon, and I don't need a water type

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • But whyyy that means I can't evolve the Eevee into anything :( Except for Vaporeon, and I don't need a water type

LC has stone dealers hidden around johto and kanto. I can't name their places and which stones they sell because i forgot when i put them except for 1 or 2... They are pokemainiac sprites. Ones in violet across the water, one in cerulean and thats all i remember.

And it seems like option 2 it is then... xD I'll wait a bit longer and ask a question, another question:
    Whats the thing you want to see done in this next beta? For example being able to evolve eevee to umbreon and espeon things like that. I would call them annoyances rather than bugs.

Also I've finished creating kanto part 4 and its tested, along with some final little bits in johto. I'll now be testing the orange islands and then adding the final touches/extras.

Last edited:

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    I'm a bit cunfused mainly cause i can be a bit blind but what options are we talking about?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Right, I've done two gym leader sprites. A falkner revamp in HeartGold and SoulSilver Palettes and a Bugsy edit from HeartGold and Soul Silver. The rest will be done by tonight hopefully. I'm having to use a laptop touchpad because I can't find my mouse, hence why things are going slow on my end.

LeaderLine-up.png
    Falkner took forever to do. By revamping it, I actually went through the effort in making everything proportionate. Not just a simple re-colour and shading improvement like most people do.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • I'm a bit cunfused mainly cause i can be a bit blind but what options are we talking about?

Option 1 is releasing the beta in august which goes up til the end of the first island,
    Option 2 is to wait longer and i'll add more of the islands.

Right, I've done two gym leader sprites. A falkner revamp in HeartGold and SoulSilver Palettes and a Bugsy edit from HeartGold and Soul Silver. The rest will be done by tonight hopefully. I'm having to use a laptop touchpad because I can't find my mouse, hence why things are going slow on my end.

LeaderLine-up.png
    Falkner took forever to do. By revamping it, I actually went through the effort in making everything proportionate. Not just a simple re-colour and shading improvement like most people do.

Looking great!! :D

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I go for option one because I've never played this hack before and from what I hear it's buggy. Option 1 would give people a chance to play a bug free version sooner.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    Well in any case O2 for me. I would rather ya take your time on it. :)

Years
  • Well, I'll go with Option 2! Cuz I want see how will you finish it and also I want to play with new graphic. Old graphic is so lame.
    Good luck

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    woot good to hear! Can't wait, it's been so long. So how did you decide on this, as if you are still taking votes I say go with option 1.

Letting people play the game less buggy, will make the next beta even less buggy as well as draw more people to the thread, I think it would really bring thing up.

ase

learning How to Hack
    Years
  • I'm going with option 1. I've been waiting for beta 3 for almost a year now.

iwelshykid

Welshy
    Years
  • LC has stone dealers hidden around johto and kanto. I can't name their places and which stones they sell because i forgot when i put them except for 1 or 2... They are pokemainiac sprites. Ones in violet across the water, one in cerulean and thats all i remember.

Thanks very much, was worried I wouldn't be able to haha

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    @GamerBoy1997

Posting links to .gba files is illegal and thus not allowed on the forum. I would suggest learning how to patch, as that's all you'll find in this section of the forum, other than that you can go to the game development to play games directly off of your computer.

Back