• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y is Ash's Last Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 19, 2017
While we're on about 'Ash will never win the league' etc having finally watched Mewtwo — Prologue to Awakening it seems that nothing changed in Virgil's life so why would it change Ash's...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
They're not going to get rid of Ash, compared to how other anime franchises like Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh changed their protagonists before, but they refuse to get rid of Ash because they fear the series will fail if they did, even though the aforementioned franchises didn't fail when they changed their protagonists (and even if it did, it was for entirely different reasons unrelated to the protagonist), and neither has any other long-running anime franchise that has also done this.

This is combined with the fact that Ash's main Pokemon is Pikachu, the mascot of the franchise, and as long as Pikachu is the franchise mascot, Ash isn't going away or anywhere. Even if they got rid of Ash, there's still Pikachu you have to think about, and granted they could have the next protagonist have a Pikachu as his starter, but that's out of the question.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I don't think this will be Ash's last adventure. There hasn't been any indication of that, as far as I can see. While I agree that Ash's adventure has gone on a long time with close to 0 progress on Ash's part, it's gone on this long, why would it stop now?

I will say though, it would be nice to see Ash finally mature a bit after this series. I'm not sure why the creators are so set on keeping Ash 10 years old. It's already at the point where it doesn't make sense realistically. How in the heck did he do laps 5 different regions of the world in less than a year? @_@

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
Does anybody remember the Avatar the Last Airbender series and how they ended it with Aang and Katara being together and getting married and so on. All I want from pokemon is that they let Ash leave the show with his own kind of relationship it doesn't have to be with Serena (although I would love that) because of almost 20 years not much has happened to Ash; Go to another generation, get a starter, meet friends that will find an excuse to leave the show, get all 8 badges, and loose the championship tournament, and then leave your fans sad that you are leaving beloved characters (like Misty and Brock but they had their own dream to go after) and then start over the process again. As the years go on the fans get older and older so I think pokemon should include some small little details of some sort of maturity. I think that would give the series a huge boost in ratings. And for the love of God quit repeating things like Clemont having a invention every episode and Ash saying "Science is so amazing" and then it blows up. Lastly, at the least have Serena stay with Ash for the pokemon anime, and be lovers, then I would have a bit more lighthearted feeling for the show.

Years
They make enough specials to not have to change Ash for another character.

The anime doesn't really affect the game sales, I wouldn't think, since the anime was made based on the game and not the other way around.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Unfortunately this thread died a few months ago, meaning that nobody posted in it for over 30 days (not since March 23). However, feel free to recreate this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back