• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Latias

It's so cool.
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Hi everyone!
First off, I'm not sure if this is the correct section... but anyway I hope it is. If not can any staff member replace the thread into the correct section? Thank you.

Well... I have some general questions about the programs that simulate Pokè-battles. I'm a total noob, I know. .-. I'm sorry about it.
1) Which one do you think is the best?
- Netbattle Supremacy (From what I know, no one use it anymore)
- Shoddy Battle
- Pokèmon Online

2) I never got the point. Call me a noob if you want, insult me, I know I'm stupid. ò_ò If you can battle on the NDS using the Wi-Fi, then why use a battle-simulator? I know that people use it to test their teams, BUT I heard of lots of people who ONLY battle on simulators. What are the advantages?

3) Can you battle a RANDOM person, or you only can battle a person that you know (and have to connect with him/her using a code or something?) [Yes, it's a really stupid question but I'm having doubts. ;_;]

I never used any of these programs, but I'm getting more and more curious about it, so I wanna try. I'm really sorry my questions are stupid, but I hope you'll answer me and solve my doubts.

Thank you very much.

Wya77

Average Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
Hi everyone!
First off, I'm not sure if this is the correct section... but anyway I hope it is. If not can any staff member replace the thread into the correct section? Thank you.

Well... I have some general questions about the programs that simulate Pokè-battles. I'm a total noob, I know. .-. I'm sorry about it.
1) Which one do you think is the best?
- Netbattle Supremacy (From what I know, no one use it anymore)
- Shoddy Battle
- Pokèmon Online

I've only used Pokemon Online and I think it is great. (I've never heard of the other two.)

2) I never got the point. Call me a noob if you want, insult me, I know I'm stupid. ò_ò If you can battle on the NDS using the Wi-Fi, then why use a battle-simulator? I know that people use it to test their teams, BUT I heard of lots of people who ONLY battle on simulators. What are the advantages?

Well, the reason I use a simulator is because you don't have to train/collect items and such, so it is extremely convenient. There's no animations so that is a drawback.

3) Can you battle a RANDOM person, or you only can battle a person that you know (and have to connect with him/her using a code or something?) [Yes, it's a really stupid question but I'm having doubts. ;_;]

On Pokemon Online there is a "find battle" button that you can use to find a random battle. Or you could just right click someone's name and click "challenge", but doing this usually annoys people so try not to unless you ask first.

I never used any of these programs, but I'm getting more and more curious about it, so I wanna try. I'm really sorry my questions are stupid, but I hope you'll answer me and solve my doubts.

They would be stupid if you are already using it. :D

Thank you very much.

My comments are in bold (obviously).

I hope I helped!

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
Years
1] Pokemon Online.
5th works like a bless, with revised mechanics so it should really exist no difference from the NDS games. (Besides, is the PokeCommunity "official" program and it's the most used. In other words: Want to quickly find a battle? PO.)

2] On PO you can have faster battles and those are easier to find.
AND you can create a pokemon at level 100 with EVs and IVs and moveset in less than a minute.
So: [People want enjoy they time battling and not breeding] OR [They don't have a DS]. Or both?
(I myself am a breeder. I prepare my pokés in my DS, test them on PO then battle using DS on torneys.)

3] Yes, you can random battle, but it'll be always someone from the Channel/Room you actually are. So if on PokeCommunity channel there are 15 people online, you will battle with one of those 15 people (well, at least the ones availables).

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
In the future, you can use the Simple Q&A thread located in the main section of the Competitive battling Center if you have any general questions about battling or anything else related.

There's nothing to be sorry about either, we were all new at some point as well ^.^

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back